PDA

View Full Version : Mt Dora Antique Boat Show 2007

gcarter
01-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Time to make your plans for the upcoming Mt Dora antique boat show on the weekend of March 22nd through the 25th.
See;
http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/morepages/MtDora107.htm

We usually try to do a run on Friday. The last two years we attempted valiantly to go North on the Ocklawaha River to Silver Springs. Alas, we didn’t make it! In 2005, the river still hadn’t been cleared from the hurricanes and last year the water was a little low. This year the water is even lower (only about 50% of normal rainfall last year) so that idea is a non-starter. This year, perhaps a picnic at Hickory Point on Lake Harris. We did this a couple of times previously and it was enjoyed by all. Great facilities are available for functions including a playground for the kids and world class launching facilities.

On Saturday we go to lunch at the Crazy Gator in Eustis. Normally this is arranged by Tidbart (Bob Wilson). I don’t know if Bob is still around. The last time I spoke with him, he was considering some greener pastures. Before and after lunch we all enjoy the largest antique boat show of its kind in the US.

Hotels need to be booked early!! I can’t stress this enough. It's a shame but Mt. Dora always double bills the Boat Show with some sort of art show so the rooms always go way in advance.
So assuming Mt Dora and Tavares is already gone here are the hotels in Leesburg,

Microtel (352-315-1234) 9700 US 441, Leesburg. This hotel is about 5 years old and very clean. $70.00 +/-/day.
Also it's next door to Ruby Tuesday's. It's located about two miles West of Dead River Vic's (now Harborside).

Holiday Inn Express, 3601 West Burleigh Blvd.(US 441) 352-742-1600 This hotel is next door to the Harborside Restaurant and boats can be kept there

Day's Inn 1115 W. North Blvd. 352-787-3131

Another Microtel near me in Lady Lake...850 S. Hwy 27-441
352-259-0184

Super 8 1392 W. North Blvd. 352-787-6363

Also for those w/ trailers and coaches;
Fisherman's Cove RV Park Golf Motel and Marina
29115 N. Eichelberger, Tavares 352-343-1233 This is near Hickory Point.

And for the really well heeled;
Mission Inn Golf and Tennis Resort
10400 CR 48, Howey In the Hills 352-324-3101
This place is pretty neat, the G-7 met here once. Really world class and it's really not much more than Lake Side. Has a marina on Lake Harris. The golf course here is rated about #5 in the state.
Also I'm reposting this link for a map;
http://www.lakecountybass.com/harris_chain_map.pdf
A really good place to launch into Lake Dora for the show is #14, Wooten Park, next door to the Court House, has 11 trailer parking places. Also a large facility near #7 with a large parking lot but a lot more public.
Fisherman's Cove is located just to the West of the Hwy 19 sign just North of Hickory Point on Lake Harris.
Crazy Gators is located at #5 on Lake Eustis.

gcarter
01-17-2007, 04:19 PM
It looks like I'll have a couple of surprise guests with me.

Cuda
01-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Catch 22 and I were talking about it today. I'll be there. Catch was warned by some fuzzy canine to bring his A-Game.:eek!:

catch 22
01-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Gina & I will be there along with my folks. We will be staying with them. 1 22 classic and 1 Minx.

Cuda
01-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Gina & I will be there along with my folks. We will be staying with them. 1 22 classic and 1 Minx.
Along with your A-Game? Is pops going to ride with you?:biggrin.:

gcarter
01-18-2007, 04:52 AM
Can I watch this "A Game"?.....maybe from a distance!

gcarter
01-18-2007, 04:58 AM
I just noticed on the official web site;
http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/morepages/MtDora107.htm
on about page three, there is a schedule for the entrants. On Friday they're having a cruise/lunch at Hickory Point.
Would'nt it be fun if we took up all the dock spaces with our boats so they couldn't get to their catered lunch? :) :yes:

catch 22
01-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Along with your A-Game? Is pops going to ride with you?:biggrin.:
Now Cuda you know better, that seats for you.:hyper: :yes: :biggrin: MP, is this what you meant when you told Jim to bring his A-Game?:wink:

Tidbart
02-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Hey Guys

I am still here, George:)

I'll give the Gator a call in the next day or two and set up lunch for Saturday.

It will be good to see each of you (ya'all) again. Been too long.

i'll keep you posted after I make the call.:yes:

Bob

Tidbart
02-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Lunch at the Crazy Gator is confirmed for noon on Saturday. Spoke with them yesterday. I'll try to get a head count as the event gets closer.

Bob

Budmann
02-09-2007, 08:21 PM
I would love to do this this year!! Who's in....

Scott Heidt
02-20-2007, 11:55 AM
I am hoping to make it out to Mount Dora. I have been off the radar for a while, but am back and ready to have some fun! :)

Scott

ChromeGorilla
02-20-2007, 04:20 PM
if it's anything like Miami, Budmann will helicopter in, hang out with the wood boat crowd, then jet out......:wink: :D

Just messin. :bonk:

RickSE
03-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Ahhhh man, George just told about this event. I knew it was going on but never looked at the dates. I'm supposed to leave Sarasota to tow our boat back to Arizona on the 23rd or 24th. Can I honestly drive right past you guys on I-75 without stopping to say hello? :boggled: I may come by on Saturday then head for home. Can I crash you're lunch? I assume it's a boat-to lunch place?

Cuda
03-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Can I honestly drive right past you guys on I-75 without stopping to say hello? :boggled: I may come by on Saturday then head for home. Can I crash you're lunch? I assume it's a boat-to lunch place?
It's about 30 or so miles east of I 75. I'd get off on the Lake Panasoffkee exit (I forget what number it is), head east, you have to do about a half mile jog to the north when you hit 301, then head dead east to SR 19, which is Howey In the Hills, turn left on SR 19 go a couple miles, then you'll cross a bridge that goes over Little Lake Harris. That's where the Hickory Point boat launch is. It's a great spot to launch, with lot of parking and docking.

I hope the weather is just like yesterday and today. Yesterday it was 83, no wind, and bright blue skies. About the same today.

Cuda
03-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I started getting ready for Mt Dora today. I wanted to wash and wax the Minx, but after going to three places, I couldn't find the wax I wanted (Meguires). By the time I got back, I only had time to wash the boat, hopefully I'll get a chance to wax it this week before it gets dusty under the cover again.

I plan on bringing the Minx instead of the 22.

BUIZILLA
03-11-2007, 07:45 PM
how's the water level??

Cuda
03-11-2007, 07:49 PM
how's the water level??
I'm sure it's still low. We never did get enough rain all summer or since. Gcarter or Catch's dad will know better.

gcarter
03-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Jim, it's down about 2-2 1/2'. I'm really concerned about thge Dora Canal.
I'm going out tomorrow (with some help), maybe I'll check it out.
The lakes or the Dead River are not a problem......but some of the boats launching in Lake Dora may be stuck there!!!!!

BUIZILLA
03-11-2007, 07:58 PM
that may affect my attendance status...

Cuda
03-11-2007, 08:22 PM
You can still launch at Hickory Point and access all the lakes except Dora and Beuchamp (sp?).

BUIZILLA
03-11-2007, 09:05 PM
so if I do that, do I use a helicopter to get to the show??

or a Mallard...

Cuda
03-11-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm probably going to launch at Sparkle Park on Lake Beuachamp on Friday, and at Hickory Point on Saturday, barring any unforseen work.

catch 22
03-12-2007, 04:32 AM
Jim, just bring the stump splitters and you'll be fine. I'm still waiting for my berkley to arrive. The one I'm going to use at Kentucky.:biggrin.: :biggrin.:

BUIZILLA
03-12-2007, 07:35 AM
expensive stump splitter...:boggled: :boggled: :bonk:

Last Tango
03-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Cuda,
Beauclerc,... Lake Beauclerc (Bond,... James Bond). But don't launch there this year, or Mt. Dora. unless those are the only two lakes you want to cruise. And even getting from Beauclerc to Lake Dora could be a mudsucking challenge.

Aye Candy and I will be launching THIS weekend (17th) at Hickory Point to "observe" the poker run from there, and then running to the antique boat races at Tavares that same day. The races are the preamble to the weeklong doings at Mt. Dora.

Beauclerc = bow -clair
Beauchamp is near Red Stick (Baton Rouge, LA)
Just jerkin' yer chain..

RickSE
03-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Do you guys have an organized meeting place and approx. time Saturday morning or will you launch from various points? I'm totally clueless when it comes to this area. We'll be in FL next Saturday, 17th, but we'll be running all over the place until we pick the boat up on the following Friday.

Last Tango
03-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Rick,
Florida is a very big state. Not just a hop-skip-and-jump from Sarasota to Mt. Dora. The "usual" plan is that folks gather at the dock at Lakeside Inn at about 9:30 AM to get ready to run the lakes to the Crazy Gator. Mt. Dora is on Lake Dora. Those two lakes and several more are interconnected by scenic river-like waterways. Crazy Gator restaurant is on Lake Eustis in the town of Eustis. That area is very close together by car or boat. Mr. Dora is one of those totally scenic little towns that is all about tourists and boating. Eustis is more of a wide spot on the highway, but does have a nice waterfront set-up for boaters. The Antique Boat Show begins this coming weekend but gets totally big and excellent by the next Friday and Saturday (23rd, 24th). Parking gets very tight with boaters and tourists on that weekend so let the folks know what you are draggin behind you before you get there so they can talk you in to a parking area. MadPoodle is usually the proxy lead on this event and gets a room at the Lakeside Inn (fat chance, but you could possibly pick up on a last minute cancellation). Have speaks with MP on locations and how best to arrive and where the gang is at any given moment.
Strongly recommend you Mapquest where you are starting from to get to these locations. I-75 and I-4 are the main ingredients for arriving from Sarasota if you are towing a biggie.
Feel free to call me on my cell. I won't be there this year, but have been a BUNCH of times, and will gladly "talk you down" to it.
(904) 534-9928.
Tidbart, Cuda, and George Carter are also excellent contacts for you.

gcarter
03-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Phil Reed and I traversed Dora Canal TWICE today w/ no issues. Average water depth was 2.5-4'. Apparently there has been a considerable amount of cleanup of the canal. Its useable area is considerably wider. The fallen trees have been removed, and the submerged snags are gone.
This should make for a very successful weekend.

gcarter
03-12-2007, 08:51 PM
I think we need to plan some sort of run on Friday.
Previously I mentioned a picnic at Hickory Point, what do y'all think?

Cuda
03-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Do you guys have an organized meeting place and approx. time Saturday morning or will you launch from various points? I'm totally clueless when it comes to this area. We'll be in FL next Saturday, 17th, but we'll be running all over the place until we pick the boat up on the following Friday.
Read post 17, if you can follow those directions, it's easy to direct you to any other spot on the chain.

RickSE
03-13-2007, 07:38 PM
My son and I will be there for Saturday maybe until after lunch. :crossfing

Mark, thanks for the info. Sorry I won't be able to see you again, it's been a few years.

I'm hoping Poodle shows up since it's also been a few years.

I just hope I have everything I need to run the boat. I tried to grab everything and put it under the bow before I left for FL but but who knows. I should be OK but I do know I'll be carpetless since my carpet is here in AZ.

Last Tango
03-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Rick,
Perhaps we can get together for a run on Lake Havasu in the fall. My son lives there and I generally go there the first week in November to attend the SEMA show in Las Vegas and then visit. Sorry I can't make it next weekend.

ChromeGorilla
03-15-2007, 02:58 PM
From Dora 2005...

1. This would be the aforementioned dock and porch.....:yes:
2. A table full o' trouble...... :yes:
3. One of my favorite pics from the weekend..... just try to ignore my arcade nemesis on the left.....:wink: :yes:

RickSE
03-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Wait a minute, there's a party Friday night? Maybe I should go ahead and come up Friday night.

gcarter
03-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Wait a minute, there's a party Friday night? Maybe I should go ahead and come up Friday night.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Some people think it's more fun to hang out at the beach than hang out w/us!!:wink:

RickSE
03-16-2007, 12:25 PM
I talked to Ted this morning. He cautioned that I may not want to put my boat in Mt Dora, commenting that the lake is too low and I'll fill it up with mud. I know George mentioned earlier that he thought it would be OK. What are these lakes like, shallow all the way across or just around the fringes and canals? Muddy water?

gcarter
03-16-2007, 12:41 PM
I talked to Ted this morning. He cautioned that I may not want to put my boat in Mt Dora, commenting that the lake is too low and I'll fill it up with mud. I know George mentioned earlier that he thought it would be OK. What are these lakes like, shallow all the way across or just around the fringes and canals? Muddy water?
Rick, you won't have any problem. The lakes average 7'-15'. The canals are 2 1/2'-4' from my transducer in the bottom of my hull. Through the Dora Canal, I just raise the trim to the limit switch and there's no issue. I followed a wooden boat through the other day....you know...lot's of exposed stuff down there.

Tidbart
03-16-2007, 01:46 PM
RickSE,

I would bet that Ted was referring to the boat ramp on Lake Beauclair, just south of Mt Dora. A few years back, when the water was low he had some muddy issues there. That lake is not very deep especially near the ramp.

The rest of the lakes should be just fine.

Bob

Cuda
03-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I guess Debbie better get her 22 ready for Dora. I just sold the Minx today, which I was planning on bringing. So far, she has Friday, and Saturday off. I have to deliver the Minx to Pompano one day next week, probably Tuesday.

gcarter
03-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Congratulations Joe!!!:)
So how many boats does that leave?

MOP
03-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Great news Joe, seems like all the Minx's are getting gobbled up lately.

Budmann
03-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Jodi and I may come over on Sat. morning. Its either Dora or getting her Dive Certification. All she has left is her open water.

My parents have their room at Lakeside Inn. My brother is going to "Blingfest" with the Scream and Fly folks. He tlod me thier about 30 minutes from Dora so he may come by.

Hope to see my "DOGS"!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Cuda
03-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Congratulations Joe!!!:)
So how many boats does that leave?
Down to five. The guy was eyeballing Debbie's 22 also. He's shipping the Minx to Sweden, so that makes at least two of them in Sweden.

Cuda
03-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Great news Joe, seems like all the Minx's are getting gobbled up lately.
I think there are still two advertised on here. When I was looking for one, you couldn't find one anywhere, and when I wanted to sell, the market had a Minx glut! :)

Cuda
03-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Jodi and I may come over on Sat. morning. Its either Dora or getting her Dive Certification. All she has left is her open water.
My parents have their room at Lakeside Inn. My brother is going to "Blingfest" with the Scream and Fly folks. He tlod me thier about 30 minutes from Dora so he may come by.
Hope to see my "DOGS"!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
If I remember correctly, they are having Blingfest at Sanford.

Budmann
03-17-2007, 05:53 PM
I believe you are correct Joe. Not sure if I want to drag the boat all the way over for one day, so we may just come over by car a say hey...

Cuda
03-17-2007, 06:08 PM
We'll be headed to Hickory Point for the lunch run on Saturday. You and Jodeye are welcome to ride with us.

I still want to water test Deb's boat before Dora, and I need to replace the bilge pump hose I managed to melt with the halogen light when I put the new exhaust on.

BUIZILLA
03-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Cuda, what else does your Swede guy want to buy??

Budmann
03-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks Joe. We would love to see the gang and have some lunch. We just spent allot of money on Scuba gear for Jodeye and with Summer almost here, we want to get this done.

Will let you know and again thanks for the invite on the boat.

Bud

Cuda
03-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Cuda, what else does your Swede guy want to buy??
He said to let him know if I knew of any other boats like that. He REALLY liked it. I think he wanted to keep it for himself.

ROFFET
03-18-2007, 06:37 AM
He said to let him know if I knew of any other boats like that. He REALLY liked it. I think he wanted to keep it for himself.
:sweden: Yes he really wanted it for himself, did talked to him over the phone yesterday evening Swedish time. But the boat is "mine" and I am just waitng for it to arrive to Sweden in April/May when the seasons starts over here.
Thanks for the deal Cuda. Keep in touch.

CrackerJack
03-18-2007, 09:26 AM
What are the plans for Saturday, besides the evening at the Lakeside Dock?:confused:

Cuda
03-18-2007, 10:00 AM
:sweden: Yes he really wanted it for himself, did talked to him over the phone yesterday evening Swedish time. But the boat is "mine" and I am just waitng for it to arrive to Sweden in April/May when the seasons starts over here.
Thanks for the deal Cuda. Keep in touch.
My pleasure. I enjoyed talking with him.

Cuda
03-18-2007, 10:01 AM
What are the plans for Saturday, besides the evening at the Lakeside Dock?:confused:
Saturday is the lunch run to Crazy Gators.

CrackerJack
03-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Where is the ramp launch site for saturday?

Cuda
03-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Where is the ramp launch site for saturday?
Hickory Point I think, at least that's where I'm going to launch.

gcarter
03-18-2007, 12:18 PM
There's a nice ramp right behind the court house in Tavares also. Since it's right on lake Dora, it's very convenient.

Cuda
03-18-2007, 01:05 PM
There's a nice ramp right behind the court house in Tavares also. Since it's right on lake Dora, it's very convenient.
What road is it on George? Is that the one that had the train in front of it blocking it off last year?

gcarter
03-18-2007, 03:51 PM
What road is it on George? Is that the one that had the train in front of it blocking it off last year?
Yep, that's the one. It's by far the best and most convenient ramp on the lake once the show starts. It's Wooten Park and #14 on this map;
http://www.lcwa.org/PublicFiles/GISRes_harris-chn-map.pdf

Tidbart
03-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Hey Guys,

Help me get a head count for the lunch run to Gators on Saturday. I just want to give them a call to confirm with some kind of number.

We will be leaving the dock from the Lakeside around 11:00ish, reservation is for 12:00.

Just give me a name and a total number. If you are tentative, just say so after the number.
I'll start

Tidbart (1):yes:

gcarter
03-19-2007, 06:37 AM
George Carter--4 to 6, 4 for sure.

Cuda
03-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Two in our boat for sure, maybe four. Yall don't mind if I invite some non-Donzi owners to run with us do you? I was thinking of some of those guys that were at the poker run this weekend up there that Catch 22 ran with.

Cuda
03-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Now Cuda you know better, that seats for you.:hyper: :yes: :biggrin: MP, is this what you meant when you told Jim to bring his A-Game?:wink:
I was looking at some pictures from the Hometown Rally in '05, and that appears to be Jim's favorite postion.:eek!: :wink:

Budmann
03-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Bob... My parents are going to be staying in a Bed and Breakfast, and might join you guys for lunch. They will be bring a Staudakker 23 foot.

Hope someone here knows what that is.:):) Its actually a really cool boat and will blend in nicely with the Show!

Please welcome them with open arms as I know all of my (DOGS) will. Sorry Jodeye and I will miss this one, but we want to go diving this summer and the 35ZF said she will take us!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Bud and Jodeye

yobeslanding
03-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Guys, the ramp at Wooten Park is not usable with the low water level. No one at the Classic Race Boat Regatta this past weekend was able to launch there AT ALL. This ramp has a stop at the end of it to keep you from going past it. If you go over this stop with your trailer the drop off is several feet due to propwash. Do not use this ramp.

Use instead, the ramp on Lake Eustis side on US 441 near the Lake Eustis entrance to the Dora canal. For info, call Mike cell 352-455-6271; I am on staff at the Dora boat show all weekend.

yobeslanding
03-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Myself and rustnrot (Tom Lang) want to go to Gators with you all but need a ride. The Dora canal is low and treachous, average depth 36-40 inches so be careful. Call me at the cell 352-455-6271 or Tom Lang at 706-267-8729 or drop by the booth at the show with the Gar Wood and my Donzi for sale.

catch 22
03-19-2007, 06:34 PM
I was looking at some pictures from the Hometown Rally in '05, and that appears to be Jim's favorite postion.:eek!: :wink:
:boggled: :boggled: :boggled: :boggled:

catch 22
03-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Catch 22 (1) Boat (2) people
Dad (1) Boat (2) people

Cuda
03-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Catch 22 (1) Boat (2) people
Dad (1) Boat (2) people

Would you like your lunch served to you in the bilge? :)

Craig S
03-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey, I'd like to meet up with you guys while I'm at the show. 1- tentative.
Thanks, Craig

Tidbart
03-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Everyone,

Whoever wants to join in for the lunch run and wants to ride in a boat, try to show up at the Lakeside Inn dock by 11 am. We can help put you in a boat with the help of those owners who have some room.:)

Bob

rustnrot
03-20-2007, 02:05 PM
10-4. Tom Lang aka rustnrot and Mike Yobe aka yobeslanding will be at Lakeside at 11 am with thumbs extended.....

sweet 16 1966
03-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Please have one for me! Other plans got in the way of what will be a good time.

Cuda
03-20-2007, 09:56 PM
I think we will launch at Hickory Point, and meet you where the Dora Canal comes out. I know a few of you have our cell phone, but we will be there.

pmreed
03-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Lunch for me Bob.

Phil

WOT-sup
03-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Head count for Gator's on Saturday: 1 boat, 4 people.

This will be the first SEADOG event that we've actually had our '72 C18 at; it's about 95% finisned, but plenty useable.:yes: 'Bout time!

Hope to get to town Friday night with a couple of friends accompanying; look forward to the weekend and meeting all.

Brad & Bobbi

Tidbart
03-21-2007, 07:15 AM
I've got about 24 yes, and 11 tentatives so far.
Looking better than I had anticipated.

Spoke to the Crazy Gator:pizza: :pretzel: :beer: yesterday and they will be ready for us.:yes:

Weather is looking great, also.
We are looking at highs around 82-83, lows around 58-60, with mostly sunny skies (during the daytime, for those anal types) :bonk: for Friday through Sunday!

Bob

RickSE
03-21-2007, 07:31 AM
I'm here in FL and still planning on going but not sure that I'll put my boat in the water. :bonk: I was warned again by someone else that taking the boat into Mt. Dora could be risky, stumps and mud.

Cuda, sounds like you are staying out of Dora?? Are you going to be in Eustis? I was told that Eustis should be OK. How about Harris and the canal between it and Eustis?

All the hotels are booked up there so I'll have to come up from down south on Sat. morning.

catch 22
03-21-2007, 09:16 AM
We did the Poker Run this past Saturday on Lake Harris and Lake Eutis and it was fine. Not sure about going through the Dora Canal. My Dad doesn't think it's a good idea. Lake Dora is ok. It's just the canal linking the two lakes that I am concerned with. Last week GCarter & PM Reed went through and said it was okay but with my lower unit I don't think I'll take a chance.

WOT-sup
03-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Good to hear from you Poodle; look fwd to seeing you (and the others) up there this weekend. Our ETA for Friday night arrival keeps slipping, so we probably won't join up until the Saturday lunch launch. We're staying up in Leesburg and will be following this thread to see how the reports come back on water depth, etc.
Man, am I looking forward to this!

B & B

Cuda
03-21-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm here in FL and still planning on going but not sure that I'll put my boat in the water. :bonk: I was warned again by someone else that taking the boat into Mt. Dora could be risky, stumps and mud.
Cuda, sounds like you are staying out of Dora?? Are you going to be in Eustis? I was told that Eustis should be OK. How about Harris and the canal between it and Eustis?
All the hotels are booked up there so I'll have to come up from down south on Sat. morning.
Like Catch said, the lakes are fine, and probably the Dora Canal too, but my drive runs so deep, people in China duck when I go across them. Red, (Catch 22) just ran the canal from Harris to Eustis last weekend, so I'd think it's fine. There were much bigger boats that went through it too. I guess there is no planned run on Friday, so we'll probably just take the truck, or ride the bikes to the Show. We plan on launching at Hickory Point on Saturday for the lunch run. It's a short run from the canal between Harris and Eustis over to the where the Dora Canal comes into Eustis, I'm guessing less than a mile.

RickSE
03-21-2007, 08:27 PM
I was gonna post my cell number earlier but I lost my phone on the Hulk ride at Univeral last night, :boggled: so now I'm phoneless.

Cuda, do you have an approx. time you'll be at Hickory Point?

Cuda
03-22-2007, 06:13 AM
I'll be there no later than 11 am, God willing, and the creek doesn't rise. :)

CrackerJack
03-22-2007, 05:16 PM
1 boat, 2 people for lunch.

1 boat, 2 people tentative.

We plan on launching at the Hwy 441 ramp on Lake Eustis, between 10-11 am.

Tidbart
03-22-2007, 06:39 PM
If any needs anything, info, directions, whatever, here is my cell phone number. 321-436-5704. I might even answer it. LOL:bonk: :)

Dock party is this evening at the Lakeside. Yeehah!:yes:

Bob

Cuda
03-22-2007, 08:40 PM
1 boat, 2 people for lunch.
1 boat, 2 people tentative.
We plan on launching at the Hwy 441 ramp on Lake Eustis, between 10-11 am.
I hate that frigging ramp. I don't know who designed it, but I guarantee he never launched a boat.:mad:

WA-LO
03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
We are going to try to drive up on saturday no boat. Going to try to make lunch with you fine peoples. What road is the crazy gator on ?
I will have 4or 5 in my group.

Tidbart
03-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Wa-Lo
Crazy Gator is at the corner of SR 19 and Gottsche, on the lake.
Actual address is 402 N Bay St Eustis, FL 32726
(352) 589-5885
See attached map in Word.
Lunch at noonish.

Hope you make it.:yes:

Bob

CrackerJack
03-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Time for dock party?

Tidbart
03-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Jack,
I think we are just going to wing it. Let's say 7;30-8:00 ish.
Sounds good to me.

B

WA-LO
03-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the info see ya there!

NLMO
03-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi All,
Would love to join in on the run with you guys Saturday, but kind of tough following the thread on which ramp or lake to use? any good hints at which one. I am dragging a 22 classic with me. Omar

Tidbart
03-23-2007, 01:30 PM
NLMO
Go back to page 1 of this post. Go to the very first post by gcarter. Find the pdf map near the bottom of the post. Open it. Find the number 7 on the map. Just to the left of that is a public ramp on lake eustis, 441. That is your best bet, if not the private one next to it. Cuda may be able to give you more info on either of these.

B

RickSE
03-23-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm still up in the air about what I'll do. I my just meet you guys at Gators for lunch but my boat will probably still be wrapped up and in-tow behind the truck.

yeller
03-23-2007, 08:49 PM
RickSE are you nuts!! :wink: How often do you have your boat in Florida. Get it WET!

Cuda
03-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm still up in the air about what I'll do. I my just meet you guys at Gators for lunch but my boat will probably still be wrapped up and in-tow behind the truck.

Rick, you have to splash. I just got through working today, and I called Catch 22 on my way home. I told him he better be ready, because you might have something for him. :yes: :cool:

I'll be at Hickory Point at or before 11, if I can drag my old ass out of bed. I'm too old to do this much manual labor in one day, but I had to get it done so I could make the run tomorrow. I am one whupped puppy right now.

Cuda
03-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Wa-Lo
Crazy Gator is at the corner of SR 19 and Gottsche, on the lake.
Actual address is 402 N Bay St Eustis, FL 32726
(352) 589-5885
See attached map in Word.
Lunch at noonish.
Hope you make it.:yes:
Bob
It's actually one block west of SR 19, just look for the lake. :wink:

Budmann
03-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Soooo.... did no one bring a camera??????????:confused: :confused:

Cuda
03-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Soooo.... did no one bring a camera??????????:confused: :confused:
Check in the GD section. :)

Budmann
03-27-2007, 06:34 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

BUIZILLA
03-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Check in the GD section. :)huh?????????

Budmann
03-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Uh Jim, Jodeye and I are stumped!! If anyone has pics, we would love to see them!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

pmreed
03-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Cuda's pic thread. (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48469)
Don't know the GD section
Phil

Cuda
03-27-2007, 07:30 PM
My bad. Catch 22 just called me and asked what the hell the GD section was.

I'm so used to the first section on almost all the other forums being General Discussion, that I forgot the first one on here is Donzi Performance Talk, or something like that.:bonk: