PDA

View Full Version : We're now officially 4 BIGUNS

2biguns
01-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Mattie Cooper Smith joined our family at 12:54 yesterday afternoon. Taking after her Mother, she has absolutely no patience.
We were blessed to have my baby sister serve as our delivery nurse and when things did not appear to be going anywhere quick, she told my mom and me to go to lunch and take our time--Amy was sleeping soundly and the epidural was doing it's thing. About 20 minutes later, sister called my cell phone and told me to haul booty back to the room as Amy woke up to a pain and it was time for her to push. We all (doctor included) made it back to the room just in time.
8 pounds 8 ounces and 21 inches. Mattie and Mommy are doing great and will be home tomorrow. Life is good!
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26674&stc=1&d=1168993963
Stella thinks Mattie is a keeper!
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26675&stc=1&d=1168993963

vonkamp
01-16-2007, 06:49 PM
:beer:

Congratulations!!! Great Pic's

gcarter
01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Congratulations!
I like Mattie as a name.

BigGrizzly
01-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Great I was wondering what happened I was afraid to ask. Life sure is good!!!!

maddad
01-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Congratulations!
:)
Life IS good.
:yes:

MOP
01-16-2007, 09:13 PM
There is nothing greater and born with a sweet smile, the very best to you!!!!

Phil

2biguns
01-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Stella has someone to pass her Lifelines down to now!!
We're home and all is well. Mattie sleeps like a rock and literally whimpers a bit when she's hungry. Only time she has cried was when we changed her clothes last night for bed. As I type this I am very firmly KNOCKING ON WOOD. Stella has already planned on how to take Mattie out in the boat and has gone to her closet looking for old life jackets.
Only problem so far is that Amy's '06 X5 BMW is just to dang small. Back seat is fine for real people but not designed for a bulky car seat + booster seat + diaper bag + DVD player +..... I guess I"m going to call my car dealer buddy and ask to drive a Yukon XL. With the bucket seats in the 2nd row, should make a world of difference.
We leased the X5 last January and only have 10,200 miles on it. Since it's the last model year before they put in the I-drive crap (have to use a mouse and computer screen to do everything from turn on the air to change radio stations), I think the '06 is in pretty good demand. Hate to give it up because it drives so dang good but room is room and anything beats a mini van for Amy. She even wants to consider a new Avalanche:bonk:

Team Jefe
02-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Steve - Sorry I missed this thread, Angel told me about it and I had to see for myself. Mattie is great, and I glad things went well.

Good luck Amigo and God Bless.

2biguns
02-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Steve - Sorry I missed this thread, Angel told me about it and I had to see for myself. Mattie is great, and I glad things went well.
Good luck Amigo and God Bless.
Thank you, my friend. Things are settling in with me sharing a house with 3 women. Right now, I hold a decided 3 to 1 block vote against Amy but I'm sure that will change as the girls get older.
BMW is gone (with many tears) but replaced with new CRIMSON Yukon XL with 20" chrome mags. Does not look too much like a school bus and should be great for those fall days in Tuscaloosa!
After much thought, Stella has decided that Mattie's a keeper. Mattie certainly got over the not crying spell and is now what old folks call "a bit colicky" but that too should pass.
One sunny day last week, Stella and I were going somewhere and she said to me, "Daddy, we need to go for a ride in the boat." After a little bit of time to think about it, she also confided in me, "but Mommy and Mattie don't need to go--Mattie's too little and does not have a jacket, it can be just us."
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27140&stc=1&d=1171646224
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27141&stc=1&d=1171646224

gold-n-rod
02-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Some of my best times as a parent were "just my daughter and me."

She's all grown up now and soon to be married. Seems like yesterday she was Stella's age. Enjoy her while you can.

Too soon old (both of you)!

Last Tango
02-16-2007, 07:26 PM
It put a big warm smile on my face to see those pix. Must be the grandfather in me. Take Stella boating!