PDA

View Full Version : 22 Donzi breaks Sound Barrier!!!!:):):):):)

Budmann
01-16-2007, 06:04 PM
O.K.... Fish is pretty good with Photoshop!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

TheFees
01-16-2007, 08:35 PM
I have a classic 18 1987 350 mag, and when I bought the boat in 1989, the guy who sold it to me said, "You can get this thing so high in the air, you can walk under it" I wish I had someone with a camera to catch those out of this world experiences. Great picture, I'm still working with figuring out CS2. Bob

Trueser
01-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Air like this?

TheFees
01-17-2007, 09:41 PM
You 29 is catching some major air. I have enclosed my pic of my 18 doing 70 in normal chop. You can see why I do not modify the engine. Donzi told me back in 1989 (mines an 1987 350 mag 270hp Mercruiser) that I should not modify to get more speed out of it, because the hull will chime or chine, or however you spell that, real bad at 72. At 70 it is maxed. You can see how much of the boat is in the water at top speed. If it was gong faster than 72 you would wind up with an occassional all prop, no boat touching the water condition. No stability.
The most incredible experience, and the reason why I love Bella so much is the incredible adrenalin rush you experience, when you get into heavy chop and the boat starts to do things that normally would call for a quick pull back on the throttle, but not with this hull, you just stay in it, and it takes you to heights unseen. Passengars get scared for a moment, until they see how the boat handles it. It's amazing.
When the boat goes down into a swell, then as it is lurching back out, for a second it feels like the power is going to raise the bow straight up in the air, but it doesn't even come close to that. Instead the natural trim plane of the last two feet of the hull, keeps the boat straight in line. It rises and lofts without standing straight up, instead it feels like a ballet dancer on the water. It lofts and floats in air. It's a rush you can't explain. I am concerned about altering that delicate balance of not having it over powered, thereby making the nose stand too far up in the air. The thrust of the prop would then drive the bow too far up in the air, then when the back of the hull hits the next roller, the it would slam the nose down in the water. The way it is, is in perfect balance. Just stay in it, and let the magic go on. You already know what I am talking about, but others don't have a clue about how incredible the experience is. Makes driving home in a Porsche seem boring in comparison.
Anyone else have some catching air pictures, please share them. When I catch major air, I wish someone was there with a camera. Bob

pmreed
01-17-2007, 09:52 PM
See avatar:)

Phil

roadtrip se
01-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Air like this?
This is photographic evidence of why those of us with 22 Classics don't venture too far from harbor most days on Lake Michigan!
Hey Mike, I still haven't been out for a ride...

I have attached one of my own attempts to break the speed of sound out on a MADCOW run on St Clair, but that landing could have been a bit softer...

Budmann
01-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Nice shots guys!!!! Nothing better than a Donzi "CATCHIN AIR"!!!!!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Hey Phil, nice to see you posting. Hope we get together this year.

Bud and Jodeye