PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy BILL (OLERED') The morphing El Pescador !

Morgan's Cloud
01-16-2007, 09:57 AM
I was on a photo mission this weekend , armed with digital camera , and was in the area of this , so decided to snap a few.
The pics will be loaded thanks to the kindness of MP when he spots this.
I thought everyone who has a soft spot for the 24' series and especially the El Pescador (Like me) would want to see it.
This Sonic arrived on the island new sometime in the early 80's I believe.
It was imported by the then Honda agent , who's family had the agency for over 50 years. (Im surprised he did'nt get something a little larger :biggrin: )
It was originally rigged with two Mariner V6's and really had that 'Help , I'm sinking by the stern' look. Actually , it ended up on the bottom of the harbour on more than one occasion because of the seriously stern heavy weight bias.
When new it was all white. It dissappeared recently and when it showed back up on the mooring it had been given the 'Testa Rossa' look.
I've never seen this boat running anywhere , but I'm sure that single 200 has it's work cut out for it.
The owner is very proud of his boat , no doubt. But it sure is'nt an El Pesc to me !

olredalert
02-01-2007, 11:20 PM
-----Thanks for the pics of the "El Pescador". I see a cuddy very similar to the one grafted into mine by a former owner. Luckily he and his son didnt rough up the gel-coat and the whole thing peeled right out. Boy, you would be correct about underpowered. The 24 hulls really come into thier own above 55 and this boat would be hard pressed to reach 40 in my opinion. A bit of a waste, IMHO..........Bill S

Morgan's Cloud
02-02-2007, 06:49 AM
I had to read your post more than once just to be sure . Bill .
I was going to say that I always thought that yours was a 'pure centre console' without any cuddy ... It seems that someone had tacked one in but you were able to remove it ?
I'm sure the proper factory cuddy as seen here broadens the boat's appeal to a wider market but you sure can't beat the looks of the unfettered El Pesc.
ps/yeah , I'm glad I'm not that poor 200 !

olredalert
02-02-2007, 10:47 PM
-------What is that thing, Poodle??? It looks like a decent hull, maybe DONZI heritage, but the deck is completely different. Cant quite make out the brand on the side.........Bill S

Morgan's Cloud
02-05-2007, 06:36 AM
That originally would have been a 24 Seabird right ?
Had one here as originally as an o/b form the late 60-s/early-70's and a few other models. Unmistakeable very pretty Harry Schoell hulls with a single strake.
There is an Answer splash also running around here that just got repowered with a single 300 Yammy.
Lovely classic shape and hardly a straight line anywhere on the whole boat .