PDA

View Full Version : Jackson -35 degrees

Donziweasel
01-15-2007, 08:23 AM
I know many of you in the mid west have been dealing with a crippling ice storm, but Jackson is in the deep freeze. Haven't been online because I am working 24 hours a day keeping busses running. Last four days temps have been horrible. -27 to -35 lows with highs of -5 to 0. Wind chills -50 to -80. My truck's block heater took a crap on Sat and even getting my own truck running is a bitch. Suppossed to break tommorrow and hopefully that will be it for our cold snap of the season. It is too cold to even think about my Donzi:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: Why do I live here?????!!!!!!

P.S. In Yellowstone, 150 miles north of here, -47 on Saturday and -51 at West Yellowstone. How about a snowmobile tour of the Park today?

McGary911
01-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Jackson = -35. Jacksonville = 78 today. :wink:

Stay warm and keep that truck running......You still got me on one thing. I have a 78 degree day, no work, and while I live in Jacksonville, my Crit' still lives in NJ.......

Rootsy
01-15-2007, 11:27 AM
lovely ice storm we had last night.. least temps are mid 30's so it is slowly melting.. supposed to be dropping into the teens and twenties for the rest of the week though... i have a bit of "clean-up" to do when i get home tonight... poor maple tree...

gcarter
01-15-2007, 12:05 PM
In an earlier life I designed equipment for the development of the North Slope. The companies using this equipment would fall into one of two operating theories;
either put heaters on EVERYTHING, i.e., batteries, transmissions, fuel tanks, fuel lines, block, injector pump, differentials, etc, OR.....
let the equipment run for ever and use a few heaters!
You would see equipment with almost no miles and hundreds of hours on the meter.
The coldest I've personally been in is -35* in Colorado. My car sat there for a couple of days, in fact, it wouldn't roll down hill when I tried to push start it.
I'm glad I'm in Florida.

roadtrip se
01-15-2007, 02:10 PM
going on twelve hours, but no worries with the 30KW natural gas genset cranking away out there in back.

Takes DTE a bit of time to get things moving again with trees dropping all over the place.

I am thinking about giving her a break here shortly...

Off grid.

CHACHI
01-16-2007, 06:03 AM
The coldest I've personally been in is -35* in Colorado. My car sat there for a couple of days, in fact, it wouldn't roll down hill when I tried to push start it.
I'm glad I'm in Florida................and people ask if synthetic lubricants are worth the money.
Ken

Cuda
01-16-2007, 07:25 AM
It was only 115 degrees warmer here yesterday.

Donziweasel
01-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Only -18 today, getting warmer!:)

mikev
01-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Only -18 today, getting warmer!:)

Mental note to self: be sure and plan future camping trip to Yellowstone and Jackson in July.

Tim Morris
01-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Mental note to self: Dont forget to pack the sunscreen today bozo, that sunburn from yesterday hurts.... :eek!: :eek!:

...that sunscreen do anything for frostbite? Hurts about the same.

RickSE
01-17-2007, 10:54 AM
It's not a whole lot warmer down here in Arizona, 4-below zero when I came into work this morning at 9:00am. 14 below last night and 19 below on Monday morning. At least we're getting to 30 degrees above during the day.

All this and now 300 miles of I-10 are closed in TX due to ice. Man I hope this clears out before I take off for FL. I can't go any further south then I-10.:sombrero: