PDA

View Full Version : Another NEW Member to the Family

Rootsy
01-14-2007, 08:42 PM
I just couldn't resist the poor lil guy sitting there all tethered to the rack just begging to be brought home and played with.... ;) I've always wanted one of these lil things... and there is SO much you can do to them... the aftermarket is endless... :)

I need a larger safe... i am 4 rifles short on space :bonk: and i have a hankering to add a few more... CMP is getting some M1 Carbines in :yes: then there's that S&W 637... and the hankering for an M1 Garand... and an 03 Springfield... and i really want to put together an AR15 flat top w/ telescoping stock (M4 style)... and and and and... http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/propeller.gif

FOSTER
01-15-2007, 12:37 PM
I see we have some of the same problems, but it's a long winter. Aftermarket gun, boat, or truck parts always seem to give me a reason to go to work.

Rootsy
01-15-2007, 12:54 PM
looks like i have a LOT of catching up to do :eek:

I see the 10/22 is ALL tricked out... how does it shoot... that a green mountain tube?

FOSTER
01-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Yes green mtn barrel, with Clark laminate stock and deluxe trigger kit. All told about four hundred invested, Shoots one hole groups all day.

FOSTER
01-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Very small.
couple more

Rootsy
01-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Very small.
couple more

You have a lovely family Foster... i aspire to be like you when i grow up :yes:

FOSTER
01-15-2007, 05:03 PM
You have a lovely family Foster... i aspire to be like you when i grow up :yes:

Thanks, all part of my retirement plan. I think i need another safe.

Donziweasel
01-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Guns in Wyoming are CHEAP and plentiful! It is still legal to walk through town with a .45 on your hip and occasionally you see a cowboy doing it. There is always a AR-15's, M-16's (chromed action) AK's, MAC 10's and 11's, etc (and of course the usual rifles and pistols)... out here somewhere. If anyone has a wish, let me know and I will see what I can find.

Rootsy
01-15-2007, 05:39 PM
USAS
with to two drums please.

did you do the M1 Carbine look a-like for that 10/22 or did you have it done?

I am going to keep my 10/22 iron sighted... but i want to go with an apeture setup such as the military peep and winged front sight as you have there... bout 70 bucks or so...

If i go bull barrel it takes the portability out of the gun really but i see that Green Mountain has "sporter" contours in 22 inches long which REALLY interests me.. even fluted... have to find out of it is cut for dovetails though... Otherwise i reckon i could go with a Reflex HUD display... or just cut a dovetail on the mill myself...

At a minimum, once i get a brick or so of ammo through it i will probably put a new hammer, sear and disconnect in it to get a better trigger and an aftermarket magazine release as well as bolt release... all very inexpensive all told... as well as a few other things

amazing how wild you can get with a 10/22... there are folks out there shooting competition with these things with well into 4 figures into a off the shelf 22... www.rimfirecentral.com if you want to know all there is to know about these things...

p729lws
01-15-2007, 06:00 PM
The laser and red dot scope that was on the 10/22 is on another rifle right now. That was fun, you can cut a leaf off the stem at 100 yards on a bench with match 22 ammo. If I had to pick just one out of this batch, it would be the 10/22. The other would be the tricked out SKS....not shown.

Is the .410 pistol a Thunder 5? How do you like it?

Dan

Rootsy
01-15-2007, 06:28 PM
trigger pull weight and creep are pretty easy to eliminate with the plethora of aftermarket trigger parts... or being the engineer that i am... i just do my own ;)

My 686 is now smooth as silk and breaks like glass... DA and SA...

RedDog
01-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Very small.
couple more

I have the same plastic ruger with target barrel - great shooter

who makes the 1911s - I've been wanting one for some time. My bro has a target Kimber that awesome

FOSTER
01-16-2007, 12:47 AM
I have the same plastic ruger with target barrel - great shooter
who makes the 1911s - I've been wanting one for some time. My bro has a target Kimber that awesome

Para ordanace, Colt, and springfield, the para is put together very well and worth a look if your buying.

p729lws
01-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Para ordanace, Colt, and springfield, the para is put together very well and worth a look if your buying.

I'll second the recommendation on the Para. Mines a P14-45 Limited. The Limited's are pretty smooth if you can find one.

Dan

p729lws
01-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Well since this thread started off with .22's, here are my new family members. This his/hers pair of 22 magnum NAA revolvers showed up for Christmas. These were custom ordered with our weiner dog's name as the serial numbers. The wife will be a new shooter so "Birdie 2" won't get loaded until we get her some training.

Dan

Rootsy
01-16-2007, 07:14 PM
well we ordered a few parts to help the new Ruger out today... she is pretty gritty and won't feed Federal LR... Automatic bolt release from Volquartsen, Target hammer and springs from Power Custom, Titanium Extractor claw from Power Custom and Buffer stop from same... Rest i can do myself until i decide on what i want for a barrel and sights, one of the HUD Reflex systems would be kick ass but a bit of $$$... maybe i'll see if i can retrofit a Creedmor Veneer ;) Last but not least i'll just modify my sear to make it adjustable for take-up... creep be gone!

I've been putting a box of rounds through it every night thus far... Over the past couple of years i've become blind as a bat with open leaf sights... i cannot focus on any thing but 1 object.. either the leaf, the post or the target... and objects far away have begun to lose sharp contrast... so i've been back to instinctively shooting offhand.. 50 yards... she is pretty accurate... a Peep and fine post would eliminate one of the three...

i guess i should really visit the opthamologist.. :bonk:

FOSTER
01-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Nice bunch of parts, I was looking at the carbon fiber barrels when I built mine but it would have put me to far over budget. Maybe next one. Had to go with bifocals on my glasses last year, most of my rifles have scopes on them so I can see the target.