PDA

View Full Version : Got X-18!

The Hedgehog
01-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Okay, so after watching everyone else go through the pains of a restoration project I just could not help it. I hate feeling left out so I went down to Florida and bought Speed Racer's X-18 to restore. It looks like I will be hanging out with the likes of Last Real Texan soon to pull the deck off. Let the games begin!

Three Donzi's in my posession these days. Should get the 16 done for now and back to my father in the next month. Wahoo!

BigGrizzly
01-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey don't you have a job? Does that boat still have the VOLVO on it?

The Hedgehog
01-14-2007, 06:53 PM

The Volvo is gone.

Yes, Unfortunately I do have to go back to work tomorrow. Ouch!

Last Real Texan
01-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Job ...................we Don't need no stinking job...........
Congrats Bill

Lenny
01-14-2007, 07:45 PM
The Volvo is gone.
Yes, Unfortunately I do have to go back to work tomorrow. Ouch!

But the cut-out is still there I believe and not yet filled in.

A 290 (SX) or DP would be very cool. Or restore it back to the 270/280 configuration.

Welcome to the X-18 club :D

Mr X
01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
But the cut-out is still there I believe and not yet filled in.
A 290 (SX) or DP would be very cool. Or restore it back to the 270/280 configuration.
Welcome to the X-18 club :D

I bet that AINT happening!
:wink:

The Hedgehog
01-14-2007, 08:00 PM
I bet that AINT happening!
:wink:

Yep. Got a few things in the works. Not quite as radical as yours though (although I am very impressed with the way yours is turning out). Might just pull the trigger on one tomorrow:crossfing Then I will have a few miles to go before I get to put it in!:bonk:

p729lws
01-14-2007, 10:07 PM
bought Speed Racer's X-18 to restore. Wahoo!

Very cool! Congrats! :yes:

Dan

Last Real Texan
01-15-2007, 06:10 AM
Yep. Got a few things in the works. Not quite as radical as yours though (although I am very impressed with the way yours is turning out). Might just pull the trigger on one tomorrow:crossfing Then I will have a few miles to go before I get to put it in!:bonk:
Not quite as radical.....................................I thought I remember a connversation with you about a Carbed HP 500 , a standoff box and an XR............

All jokes aside it would be cool though huh.....................should haul the mail for sure.

let me know when you want to lift the deck off and we can hoist it up in the rafters of the warehouse out of the way high and dry until it needs to go back on. I still have my pulley system in place for taking my camper top on and off of my truck, a little modification and it should work very well.

Bryan

The Hedgehog
01-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Will very likely take you up on the offer to pull off the deck.

My schedule got re-arranged on Fri. I am heading to Tn this afternoon. Got to work to pay for the toys (having a successfull wife helps tremendously as well). Will give you a shout this afternoon. Will be coming to Macon the following week. Christina told me that if I made it Fri it was likely that she would come up as well to visit.

Cuda
01-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Cool, you weren't far from me at all when you picked it up. If I buy another Donzi, it will be an X-18 too.:cool:

Last Real Texan
01-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Cool, you weren't far from me at all when you picked it up. If I buy another Donzi, it will be an X-18 too.:cool:
Geeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............now I am gong to have to start looking for a project also.............get to get on the band wagonn here and get the big boat finished so I have room for the next big project.

I have a feeling my next project will not be a DONZI as much as much as I would like to do one, however, I have a sneaking suspicion it will be a mid 80 -90's year eliminator 21-22 tunnnel hull with big blower power., I miss my little jet boat!

Bryan

The Hedgehog
01-15-2007, 01:19 PM

I noticed a number of signs to Deland. Thought it might be fun to see the Cuda collection. Hope the pipes are doing well.

Just bought a 383 to go in the x-18! Going to make this one user friendly (not that I have problems with the other boat). Want it turn key for the wife. It is going to get fun. Got lot's to do before it goes in. I have to go on the road for work now. Got to get out of here before too much money is spend.