PDA

View Full Version : Awakening of the Horses 2007

boldts
01-13-2007, 07:57 PM
If I could please, a sticky for this one? - It's that time again everyone. To officially anounce and invite all Aronow boat company boat owners including Donzi, Formula, Cigarette, Magnum, USA Racing and last but not least Squadron boat owners to join the Midwest Donzi Club on Lake Cumberland at the Jamestown Resort in Jamestown, KY.

The dates of the gathering this year are May 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th.

This year, the Midwest Donzi Club is honnoring the Donzi Corsican. So, you Donzi Corsican owners, get them ready to go and bring them to big beautiful Lake Cumberland and turn the horses loose.

In attendance will also be our own Doctor Dan of the Atlantic Coast Donzi Club. Dan specializes in creating and making available to all Donzi owners clothing, sport bags and other items made to match our Donzi boats or just our favorite colors. Have a lady with you needing that special event item to wear or a bathing suit update? The good doctor has it available for you. Take a minute to get with Dan and check out his wears or better yet, contact him thru the Atlantic Coast Donzi Club website and place an order now so your ready to go at AOTH 7. www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

The agenda is kept loose but I'll give you a basic lay-out of planned activities below.

Thurs. 5/17 - This is the arrival day. Your welcome to come early and explore the lake a bit on your own or relax and help owners get their boats launched. One of the highlights of being on the launch ramp is getting a first hand look at the boats out of the water and to admire them in all their glory.
Fri. 5/18 - Turbo Prepellar's Chris Booe will be on hand to answer prop questions and allow everyone to try the props he brings with him. At noon, we head out to the East end of the lake to Lee's Ford Resort and dock for lunch. It's about an hour ride by boat. While at Lee's Ford, take the opportunity to check out the boat show happening this weekend. Stop by the Alton Blakley booth as they are the local Donzi dealership. Friday night in the Jamestown yacht club we'll have Pizza and will be showing numerous videos, movies, etc. with great boating action.
Sat. 5/19 - We'll let ya sleep in a bit, but not to late as we do a fun run visiting various locations on Lake Cumberland. You can turn the horses loose, or take it easy enjoying the great site seeing opportunities that Lake Cumberland offers. Lunch will be what ya brung with ya, so pack a few sandwiches and chips. The fun run will conclude at the 76 Falls which are on the West end of Lake Cumberland. We'll raft off together and enjoy everyone's company taking the opportunity to visit with and meet new friends. See a Donzi you haven't seen before? Take the opportunity to get a up close and personal view of the boat and meet it's owner. The falls at this time of year are always flowing full force and there is even the opportunity to take your boat behind the falls. Truely a must do item before or after rafting up your boat. Dinner will be a Texas Barbeque that will make your mouth water. Brisket and pork cooked in a smoker with special herbs and cooking techniques that only our Texas friends can provide. This meal has become a tradition and one you won't forget once you've tasted it. After dinner, we hold an Auction to help raise monies to keep this great event going every year. We ask you to help by donating an item you wish to provide for auction. Items can be anything you wish to donate. In the past we've had anything from books, refreshments, shirts, to even a ride in a 100 mph Catameran.
Sun 5/20 - This again is a free day for you. Most are busy pulling their boats out and preparing for the trip home. Goodbyes are long...Phone numbers and addresses exchanged as many of you attending will meet life long friends. Many of our attendees have been returning since year one and this has become a family reuion so to speak. Of course if you wish and can hang till later in the afternoon or following week, we always get a group to gather at one of the many raft off coves available on the lake. We do a shorter run to allow those still wishing to leave this day that opportunity only later in the day.

There have always been surprise guest who have shown up. 2007 I'm sure will be no different. If you've never been to a boat gathering, much less a Donzi gathering, make plans to attend. See below for Jamestown resort contact information. This gathering sells out every year and I'm sure 07 will be no different. So, don't hesitate, check your calendar, block the vacation time needed and Contact the Jamestown resort for your reservations. Rooms are being held for us at a discounted rate. Just mention you are making a reservation to the May Donzi gathering. The resort is ready to aid you in any way you need. Also, remember to reserve a dock for your boat if you plan on keeping the boat in the water for the weekend. There is a launch ramp and yes, you have the option of pulling your boat each evening if you wish to do so.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone both new and old attendees. Take care and I wish you well in 2007.

The Jamestown Resort and Marina - www.flagshipmarinas.com/marinas/jamestown/default.htm#
3677 South Highway 92
Jamestown, Kentucky - Russell County
Reservations: 1-800-830-5131 Contact: Frieda Meincken

Doug L.
01-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Those dates don't work for me, mayby next year.:frown: :frown: :frown:

boldts
01-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Doug, yes I had been told that. I'm really sorry, but I also understand how important family is in our lives! You'll be missed and hopefully I'll be able to hook up with you later in the summer. Take care friend and be safe!

show-n-go h2o
01-16-2007, 11:04 AM
always a great time and A BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO PUT IT TOGETHER.. we have a house right above the marina so every night after the regular events if your not to tired we always have a bon fire for all to enjoy and have some :beer: and relax... cant wait to see everyone again.. hope all your holiday's were great.... deric 28zx

ITTLFLI
01-18-2007, 08:30 AM
I talked to Frieda yeasterday. I am booked and ready to RUN!!!

Ohh....except i have to put my motor back in!! :bonk: :smileybo:

RedDog
01-27-2007, 03:47 PM
After making it to 5 in a row, I had to miss last year due to #1 son's graduation. This year I'll miss due to #2's graduation.
But AOTH VIII is looking good....
And who knows, maybe I can sneak in for a quick but boatless visit this year

EDIT - I will be there on Friday afternoon

Jerry Eisele
01-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Red Dog, We missed you and that 502, 22' last year. Sorry you can't make it.

ITTLFLI
01-27-2007, 08:27 PM
After making it to 5 in a row, I had to miss last year due to #1 son's graduation. This year I'll miss due to #2's graduation.

RD,
Come on up!! I have seat for ya! :hyper:

hot shot
01-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Those dates don't work for me, mayby next year.:frown: :frown: :frown:
doug its mick from michigan steve grabke friend i would like to talk to you about repowering my boat steve gave me your fone but no answer i'm wondering if i have it wrong i am 734 516 1242

hot shot
01-28-2007, 01:26 PM
doug i'm not sure how to do this i put a message on your message and now i'm trying this, i'm looking to re power my boat and would like your thoughts on what you did, i got your # from steve grabke but have been unsuccesful at reaching you. i met you last year at aoth and the tall stacks in cinn i have a yellow and purple 18 give me a call 734 516 1242

Sam
01-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Hot Shot, I talk to Doug a few times a week, I sent him an e-mail letting him know your looking for him.
Sam

hot shot
01-28-2007, 06:04 PM
thanks sam, that boat of his flat ass flies and if i'm gonna do some re powering i'd like a tip or two from him.... are you going to aoth? i made my reservations today

Sam
01-28-2007, 06:56 PM
That's the plan :yes:

show-n-go h2o
01-29-2007, 10:48 AM

i will always have seats open as well. we will have three boats there.

vrod02
01-29-2007, 11:20 AM
I was told by my cousin who live 50 miles away from Lake Cumberland it has had a major dam failure and is being drained as we speak for repairs! Dont take my word for it but......Dont look good. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16757916/

BGH18
01-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Just made reservations today at Jamestown, they said the ramp will be fine at the lowered 680' lake level. Currently the lake is 10' below normal winter
pool.

BUIZILLA
01-29-2007, 12:48 PM
If only 10% of the available ramps will be open this year, where are the other 90% going to park their rigs??

vrod02
01-29-2007, 07:17 PM
The artical I posted specifically mentions Jamestown. My Cousin has friends on the lake,and its worse than they are reporting. It will be allmost completely drained is the "consensis" there. All hear say.:crossfing

ITTLFLI
01-29-2007, 09:04 PM
There will be plenty of water. :)

I was told by a corp official, that as recent as last week, the "gates" where wide open and the lake still rose 2 feet with all the rain they had. Point being, that they will have a hard time draining it as fast as it is coming in.

Frieda from Jamestown PROMISED us another great year for AOTH!!!

Greg K
01-30-2007, 05:14 AM
Here is your lake level history. Tree line is at 725', lake level goal is 680.
http://www.orn.usace.army.mil/hh/resplots/wol.gif

Mr X
01-30-2007, 06:09 AM
I am no chart expert, but that little red line looks like its going down to me :(

ITTLFLI
01-30-2007, 07:14 AM
I am no chart expert, but that little red line looks like its going down to me :(

Agreed! :wink: But 680 is where they are saying it will be. At 680 we are safe at Jamestown!

That rise from the 21-23 is what I was referencing in my previous post.

show-n-go h2o
01-30-2007, 09:28 AM
there will still be over 45000 acres of water, it normally has 65k..
as long as the ramp at jamestown is good we will be fine, the good news is with lower water the temp will be up...

smoothie
01-30-2007, 10:31 AM
That chart looks like some of my stock picks:eek!: Low water no timber...sounds good to me...Should be able to find plenty of snagged fishing lures...Somehow Im sure the cumberland people will find a way to launch boats,to much cash to lose.

Magicallbill
01-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Smoothie is correct..
They generate a tremendous amount of revenue with the recreational boating down there.
I'm not belittling the seriousness of flaws in Wolf Creek Dam, but they'll find a way to keep that water high enough to keep the tourists comin'.

When you all see how nice that Lake is in low pool with no logs, great rock-cliff scenery and warm water, you'll re-arrange the date to the Fall like I suggested years ago.

BGH18
01-30-2007, 01:06 PM
I read that they had to move Buck Creek Marina 6 or 8 miles down the river so they would have water. Has anyone been back to 76 falls when the lake is
at 680' ?

Last Tango
01-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Mark Twain said there are three types of lies:
Little White
Bald Face
and
Statistics

The chart is a statistic. It shows a movement from top to bottom of 3 feet.

If the lake is to be set at 680 then it will only move down 8 more feet. I have very clear recollections of the water at Jamestown going from zero to 70 feet only a few feet from the shoreline, and depths at the dock of 270 feet. My boat draws 3 feet with the drive full down and a full load of passengers and fuel. I think I'll be able to float it.
My Classic 18 had a depth meter that worked quite well. When we were at 76 Falls for AOTH on 2002, my brother and I were the first to discover that you could in fact actually go behind the falls without disaster or swamping. With my starboard rail only a few feet from the rocks I still measured 30 of water behind the falls. We went completely around behind the falls and came out the other side without getting wet, much to everyones shock and surprise. Others then decided to try as well and some even chose to take the short cut through the falls to cool off.
The raft up of Donzi's continued to move despite all the anchors out. That is because nobody had enough anchor line to make the normal 7 to 1 angle for a set on the rock bottom.

Make of these facts what you will.

roadtrip se
01-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Nobody is going to pull the plug on Lake Cumberland unless things get really bad. The Corp is keeping a very close eye on this thing with monitoring devices, shooting it with lasers on a regular basis, and accelerating the start of repair work.

For those of you who would like a source of facts on what is really going on,
just check the news area of this forum:

www.lakecumberland.com

One key nugget in all of the news releases is the fact that the Corp states that the condition of the dam "has not changed in two to three years". The draw down by ten feet is a precautionary step, resulting from new risk profiles that came out of the levy breaches after Katrina in New Orleans.

Another nugget lost in all of the noise is that over one million people count on hydroelectric power generated by the TVA Cumberland River system. Draining down Lake Cumberland has a lot more economic consequences than just losing tourist dollars in the immediate area.

Jill and I are living in the area for about ten days per month. We did a ramp tour last weekend. Jamestown will be fine. It amazed me just how long that ramp really is. At winter pool or 680', there is still plenty of water available for the Awakening this spring.

In the mean time, we will keep an eye on it for ya, okay?

show-n-go h2o
01-31-2007, 11:58 AM
from what i have read the new level wont be that much lower than it is at the poker run every year. it just makes the coves a little more narrow... cant wait for another great AOTH. see ya soon

ITTLFLI
01-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Nobody is going to pull the plug on Lake Cumberland unless things get really bad. The Corp is keeping a very close eye on this thing with monitoring devices, shooting it with lasers on a regular basis, and accelerating the start of repair work.
www.lakecumberland.com
One key nugget in all of the news releases is the fact that the Corp states that the condition of the dam "has not changed in two to three years". The draw down by ten feet is a precautionary step, resulting from new risk profiles that came out of the levy breaches after Katrina in New Orleans.
Another nugget lost in all of the noise is that over one million people count on hydroelectric power generated by the TVA Cumberland River system. Draining down Lake Cumberland has a lot more economic consequences than just losing tourist dollars in the immediate area.
Jill and I are living in the area for about ten days per month. We did a ramp tour last weekend. Jamestown will be fine. It amazed me just how long that ramp really is. At winter pool or 680', there is still plenty of water available for the Awakening this spring.

Todd,

Thanks for the update!:beer:

DonCig
02-01-2007, 12:16 AM
I love an inside take on the news.

Besides, we Lake Powell folks find it entertaining to have to relearn the lake topography when it fluctuates in level by over 150' per year. Cumberland will be childs play to learn.

Have Blackhawk; will travel for Hickory.

Now; where did my rams go?

www.lakecumberland.com

BigGrizzly
02-04-2007, 09:30 AM
The RoadTrip has spoken, so we be there. Besides I need to see my real friend again. Ten feet ain't nuthin our lake is down 12 feet.

roadtrip se
02-06-2007, 10:14 AM
The RoadTrip has spoken, so we be there. Besides I need to see my real friend again. Ten feet ain't nuthin our lake is down 12 feet.

Looking forward to cooking for you and the gang again this year, Texas-Kentucky style.

As for the rest of you fence sitters, the sticks are going to be sitting on the banks this year, so stop worrying and fretting; if an Outerlimits/Cigarette/Fountain/Formula/Skater/Nortec/PickYourPoison can run at 100+ at this water level at the Poker run every fall, I am sure we will be fine with the Donzis!

Dr. Dan
02-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Looking forward to cooking for you and the gang again this year, Texas-Kentucky style.
As for the rest of you fence sitters, the sticks are going to be sitting on the banks this year, so stop worrying and fretting; if an Outerlimits/Cigarette/Fountain/Formula/Skater/Nortec/PickYourPoison can run at 100+ at this water level at the Poker run every fall, I am sure we will be fine with the Donzis!

:bonk: Sure that's easy for you to say you have that famous "Log Splitter Shorty by IMCO" they don't even offer that drive set up any more on Donzi's....guess I will follow you again Paul Bunyan!

Doc of East Coast World Tours and Micro Brewery's :smash:

Trueser
02-07-2007, 01:27 PM
OK if Roadtrip says were golden then were IN...

We will be attending !!!!!!!

DonCig
02-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I think that the motive for Scott is more Bar-B-Que.

It's gonna suck... Water is too low... Launching is going to be a pain in the ass.. Docks will be full of tourists... I think you guys should skip this year...
More BBQ for me that way!!!!!! :) :)

vrod02
02-07-2007, 10:02 PM
I'll be there this year. Look for the Donzi clone. Hey Poodle I'd gladly trade you a Morse control for a duplicate marine ad of my liking!:yes: As far as the Dam threat looks like I was miss informed.But theres only two types of levys and dams, thoughts that have failed and thoughts that will. New Orleans had 35+ year warning.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-08-2007, 11:30 AM
As depressing as those pix look of 76 falls, maybe I should keep my plans for Australia that weekend:confused:

roadtrip se
02-08-2007, 03:21 PM
As depressing as those pix look of 76 falls, maybe I should keep my plans for Australia that weekend:confused:

Missing In Australia

Australia? Seems like a long way to go for a Donzi rally, when you got a perfectly good one four hours from Indy!

show-n-go h2o
02-08-2007, 06:49 PM

then who would be our "Mr. announcer guy" for the auction???????????

australia isn't going anywhere lake cumberland might be. this might your last chance to boat lake cumberland.. hahahahaha

im sure it will be fine

FISHIN SUCKS
02-08-2007, 09:17 PM
I figured you guys were ready for a replacement for the auction. Heck, Jerry has not even contacted me, he used to care.

My colleague in Australia is really leaning on me to attend this trade show over there. As much as I want to go to that, I have told him that I have prior commitments here in the states (namely AOTH). No, I didn't say it was for some boat meet (sounds too leisurely), just told him 'it's important business':yes: We'll see...and besides, some of those long trips overseas require extra deodorant of which a lot of people forget :eek: :( (16 hour flight). But not me, I'm a seasoned traveler:yes: and we feel fortunate that our Donzi friends smell good:) :crossfing

Jerry Eisele
02-09-2007, 05:05 AM
TOM.........Who Loves you Baby!!!...... Not having you as the master:eek!: of the auction would be like having the BBQ without FarmerTex and Roadtrip!!! YOU KNOW we would take ten steps backwoods, sorry, backwards without you. We can handle ten less feet of water and no wood, but not having you would be the biggest loss. We are counting on YOU:convertib Give me a call on the weekend 513-885-8569. Besides, we would have to spend some big bucks to have that kind of entertainment. Randy Oaks and I had to send someone around to keep-em awake!!

Jerry Eisele
02-09-2007, 05:23 AM
:shocking: WHERE IS THE LOVE:shocking:

FISHIN SUCKS
02-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Ah hell.....now you're gonna make me cry:bawling: . I appreciate the kind words. I'll give you a call this weekend. But is Poodle right, are you suckin' up to the funny man down South:confused: ?

catch 22
02-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Gina made our reservations today.:hyper: :hyper: Will be bringing the 22 this time. :yes: :cool!:

Jerry Eisele
02-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Nice boat Catch!! We will have some really quik boats this year, Roadtrip, Doc, Byron Grizz Etc the list goes on. Should be fun!!:yes:

gero1
02-10-2007, 09:19 AM
hey whats wrong with the dam?? is there still going to be a meet at jamestown??

gero1
02-11-2007, 08:15 AM
between the barn and the shop i have around 5000' of inside storage so yall are more than welcome as i wont be here! i figure between the dam at cumberland and the one at center hill(its leaking more worser than wolf creek)that every one will be on dale hollow. so i will be at the glass house on cumberland all summer. no boats on cumberland means no wakes so i am going to take off those pesky heavy trim tabs so i can go faster! cig i am sorry to say i have a new forresty manager, he has been here and inspected ALL hickorys. they are marked and gps documented

BUIZILLA
02-11-2007, 08:22 AM
and the one at center hill(its leaking more worser than wolf creek)where can I find info on this???? this is new news to me, and I really need to know about this...

JH

gero1
02-11-2007, 08:27 AM
i have a smoker and some pre cut hickory for it, will leave the keys for the house,shop and model a in the mail box. yall have fun

gero1
02-11-2007, 08:31 AM
they say center hill is so low that there are caves you drive a semi around in! the paper showed a pic of the leak a day or week ago will try to find it for u

gero1
02-11-2007, 08:55 AM
now thats a leaky damn dam

RedDog
02-12-2007, 07:01 PM
where can I find info on this???? this is new news to me, and I really need to know about this...
JH

My cousin is a geologist for the Corp and has been working on Center Hill for some time (few years). Pumping grout into sink holes. Maybe you can find some info on the Corp of Engineers web site - http://www.usace.army.mil/

BigGrizzly
02-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Reservations made a boat will be ready. Get ready Mr Bolts here we come again!

show-n-go h2o
02-15-2007, 01:49 PM
heard a rumor that a certain 32 singer alley cat with huge power will be there.

ITTLFLI
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
heard a rumor that a certain 32 singer alley cat with huge power will be there.

Tell him to put that power in a 38 ZRC and bring it on!!

Marlin275
03-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Just saw this in todays paper.
You gotta see the photo in the link !

Fears for a Dam’s Safety Put Tourist Area on Edge
Josh Anderson for The New York Times

BURKESVILLE, Ky. — Below the Wolf Creek Dam, which holds back the biggest manmade lake east of the Mississippi, residents joke that they are not worried about a breach but sleep in life jackets, just in case.

Lake Cumberland remains one of the biggest reservoirs in Kentucky.

Willis McClure, who lives just below the dam, was asked by officials to collect the phone numbers of those who would be in the path of a flood.

Though Lee’s Ford Marina is still in business, marina operators are concerned that potential tourists may think otherwise.
Above the dam, they jest that since the Army Corps of Engineers labeled the structure “high risk” in January and lowered the water in Lake Cumberland to 40 feet below its summer level, residents now have some of the best “mud front” property in the country.

A nervous sense of humor has taken hold in this area, famed for its trout fishing and million-dollar houseboats, as worries grow about the dam, a mile-long concrete and earthen behemoth that is leaking and showing signs of age.

“That’s a lot of water,” said Keith Riddle, the mayor and barber here, about the trillion gallons of water 10 miles upstream sitting behind the dam, enough to cover the state of Kentucky to a depth of three inches. Mr. Riddle described the town’s four-hour evacuation plan, the sirens being installed in the area and the several thousand weather radios being distributed to warn residents of an emergency.

In Nashville, about 280 miles down the Cumberland River, state and federal officials this month began holding weekly public meetings to quell fears after the corps said a worst-case rupture of the dam could inundate that city’s downtown, causing more than $2 billion in damage.

Upstream, local operators of power, sewage and water treatment plants are warning of potential regional blackouts and service stoppages because many of their intake pipes running to the lake are now nearly above water. Tourism officials are bracing for the economic impact of the lowered lake on a $150 million boating, fishing and vacation industry that draws more than five million visitors annually.

“All we’re doing is trying to keep the boats afloat,” said Arlie Baker, 69, standing near his boating club’s ramp, one of the 40 of 48 on the lake left high and dry.

The situation is yet another unforeseen consequence of Hurricane Katrina. Corps officials said that while the aging dam’s problems went back 40 years, the corps’ determination of acceptable risk had changed because of lessons learned from the levee failures in New Orleans. Alarm was also heightened after outside engineers concluded that the risk of failure was much higher than the corps had originally stated.

“We’ve got a lot of work ahead of us,” said Bill Peoples, a spokesman for the corps office in Nashville that runs the Wolf Creek Dam. Mr. Peoples said the dam was one of about 610 the corps oversaw, many of which were completed in the 1940s and 50s and were engineered to last about 50 years. Five other dams are ranked at the highest alert level, he said.

Completed by the corps in 1952, Wolf Creek Dam has deteriorated as water has seeped beneath the dam through the porous limestone eroding its foundation.

Mr. Peoples said it would take $309 million and about seven years to install a thick concrete wall in the earthen section of the dam, fill holes with grout and control erosion under the dam.

Though Lake Cumberland is renowned for its striper, bass, walleye and crappie fishing, it is the trout anglers who are most worried about the effect of the falling water level on fishing. Each year, the federal trout hatchery just below the dam produces more than a million trout, with about 825,000 making up the primary source for Kentucky lakes and streams and the rest going to Cherokee tribal lands in North Carolina and waters in northern Georgia.

If it rains too much, dam officials will have to keep releasing water to hold levels steady, which would change the temperature and oxygen levels downstream and could devastate the hatchery’s fish.

“Really, in our wildest dreams, we never thought it would get like this,” said David Hicks, the commodore of the Somerset Boat Club, as he surveyed the muck surrounding stranded storage lockers and picnic tables that sat atop a small marooned dock.

Jeff Cress at Lee’s Ford Marina said the rumors about the dam’s problems might actually be the biggest threat to the economy of the region.

“You have people up in Cincinnati thinking this lake is drained,” Mr. Cress said, alluding to the legions of Ohio vacationers who have regularly visited the lake. Local officials have emphasized that even at its current level, the lake was still one of the biggest in the state.

Seated with friends in a log cabin several miles downriver from the dam, Willis McClure said he was asked by dam officials to collect the phone numbers of residents who lived nearest the dam. As Mr. McClure’s friends joked that he took the job to ensure his name was at the top of the list, he explained that having lived next to the dam all his life, he was confident in its strength.

Others were less so.

“I’ve had residents calling with their cars already packed because they thought the dam was going to break any day,” said Mr. Riddle, the Burkesville mayor.

Though worried about the cost of repairs, Shannon Thompson, a regular boater here, said local residents, many of whom live on remote farms accessed by roads that frequently washed out, were used to coping with the elements.

“Around here,” Mr. Thompson said, “the typical response to “see you tomorrow” is “Lord willing and if the creek don’t rise.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/04/us/04dam.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

roadtrip se
03-05-2007, 09:51 AM
The picture in the article is Conley Bottom and shows the place from the worst possible angle.

We were at Cumberland this weekend and did the ramp tour.
Jamestown ramp is open for business and quite accessible. The place was crawling with bass fishermen coming in off the lake.

For the facts and the latest views of the lake via webcam, access:

www.lakecumberland.com

Team Jefe
03-05-2007, 04:34 PM
That's it, the lake has gone to sh!t, we're not coming........

Actually, we are NOT coming, but it has to do with a little trip to Cabo, we've been planning for a while now..Here comes the bride, and all that stuff.

Let's see, so you are looking at a lowered level of about 100ft of water....Holy dry holes batman, I see why your worried. Sheesh, you lake guys are just spolied.

I run in waters that are normally 6-8 feet deep...yes 6 to 8 NOT 68ft.....Throttle up and go baby...of course we can't see teh bottom which may help:wink:

BigGrizzly
03-05-2007, 06:05 PM
That is IT I'm still going just to po the people I havn't yet, so look out you two guys here I come.

DonCig
03-05-2007, 08:06 PM
That is IT I'm still going just to po the people I havn't yet, so look out you two guys here I come.
Next thing you'll know is that he has the double wide in tow with a smoker trailing behind. LOL

Don

p.s. - for those of you disturbed by the publicity picture posted, please do as Todd suggested and look at the rest of the photos before making an opinion.
They just had three houseboats sink due to torrential rains, and they still can not find one of them (HOUSEBOAT), does that sound like a shallow lake to you?

Magicallbill
03-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Listen, Everyone....

It is obvious that the lake still has plenty of water and that some ramps will be available. The lines may be longer to launch, as people crowd to the remaining usable ramps. You can go to www.lakecumberland.com for the latest updates.

When you embark on ATOH this year, be careful in the coves and tributaries.
THE THING TO REMEMBER is that with this unprecedented low level, you could hit something that you ran over blissfully for years at the higher pools. We have no idea what's down there, and until now never had to be concerned. Most of you I'm guessing have sounders that do not read consistently at hi-speed.(Like mine,) so the possibility of something sneaking up on "formerly familiar" waters should be a concern.
They have updated the dam project by the way..With the expected Gov. funding, they say it'll be done in 5 years as opposed to 7.
They are leaving open the possibility of draining the lake further if need be, although it's a 680 feet for '07.

DonCig
03-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Must be REALLY SHALLOW to hide a 75' house boat where they can not find it!

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/news/state/16835602.htm

glashole
03-06-2007, 08:14 AM
booked :hyper:

roadtrip se
03-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Next thing you'll know is that he has the double wide in tow with a smoker trailing behind. LOL?

Didn't you forget something? What about the Critter?

And Griz, I expect to see that smoker pre-lit and ready to go when you pull in.
Better yet, throw a couple racks of ribs on when you get to Knoxville. Every man needs a snack when they arrive at their travel destination!

FISHIN SUCKS
03-06-2007, 09:03 AM
When you're 15,000 feet above the lake, it just looks like a sandy beach shoreline:yes: . I flew over it on Saturday morning on my way back from Brasil. Definitely looked like enough water, but now I feel like I should replace my King Cobra with a Berkley:wink:

BigGrizzly
03-06-2007, 09:27 AM
What smoker? One thing is I would never challenge the BBQ kingdom, my mama didn't raise no fool. I was talking about the Corsican. My problem is how to get the Corsican and the Criterion there and back. Its only fitting that Mr. Scott Bolts leads the procession in a Corsican, HIMSELF, instead of hiding in the shadows. After he is honoring them this time! After being with him for a good long time, he is top drawer in my book. The man is so good I would be there even if there wasn't any water in the lake. The word from a friend of mine in the know at a government agency is the concern is minimal. Does anybody think the corps would let anyone on the lake if danger was near.

DonCig
03-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Interesting article on the Corps of Engineers along with a little history.

Par for the Corps
A Flood of Bad Projects

By Michael Grunwald
Sunday, May 14, 2006; B01

In 2000, when I was writing a 50,000-word Washington Post series about dysfunction at the Army Corps of Engineers, I highlighted a $65 million flood-control project in Missouri as Exhibit A. Corps documents showed that the project would drain more acres of wetlands than all U.S. developers do in a typical year, but wouldn't stop flooding in the town it was meant to protect. FEMA's director called it "a crazy idea"; the Fish and Wildlife Service's regional director called it "absolutely ridiculous."

Six years later, the project hasn't changed -- except for its cost, which has soared to $112 million. Larry Prather, chief of legislative management for the Corps, privately described it in a 2002 e-mail as an "economic dud with huge environmental consequences." Another Corps official called it "a bad project. Period." But the Corps still wants to build it.

"Who can take this seriously?" Prather asked in his e-mail. That's a good question to ask about the entire civil works program of the Corps.

It came up occasionally in 2000, when Pentagon investigators, the Government Accountability Office and the National Academy of Sciences were documenting the agency's ecologically disastrous, economically dubious, politically inspired water projects.

Then the Corps failed to protect New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina, despite spending more in Louisiana than in any other state. Last month, the Corps commander acknowledged that his agency's "design failure" led to the floodwall collapses that drowned New Orleans. So why isn't everyone asking questions about the Corps and its patrons in Congress?

Somehow, America has concluded that the scandal of Katrina was the government's response to the disaster, not the government's contribution to the disaster. The Corps has eluded the public's outrage -- even though a useless Corps shipping canal intensified Katrina's surge, even though poorly designed Corps floodwalls collapsed just a few feet from an unnecessary $750 million Corps navigation project , even though the Corps had promoted development in dangerously low-lying New Orleans floodplains and had helped destroy the vast marshes that once provided the city's natural flood protection.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency's failures didn't inundate a city, kill 1,000 residents and inflict $100 billion in damages. Yet FEMA is justifiably disgraced, while Congress keeps giving the Corps more money and more power. A new 185-point Senate report on what went wrong during Katrina waits until point No. 65 to mention the Corps "design and construction deficiencies" that left New Orleans underwater. Meanwhile, a new multibillion-dollar potpourri of Corps projects is nearing approval on Capitol Hill.

That's because the Corps is an addiction for members of Congress, who use its water projects to steer jobs and money to their constituents and contributors. President Bush has opposed dozens of the most egregious boondoggles, but Congress has kept funding them and the Corps has refused to renounce them -- while New Orleans has remained vulnerable.

Even Prather, the agency's public representative on the Hill, complained in that private e-mail that the Corps has sacrificed its credibility by defending its indefensible projects -- he called them "swine" -- just as the Catholic Church defended its wayward priests.

"We have no strategy for saving ourselves," he wrote. "Someone needs to be supervising the Corps."

The Torporific Pork Barrel

The Corps is one of the oldest and oddest federal agencies.

It got its start as an engineering regiment during the Revolutionary War, building fortifications at Bunker Hill. It is still run by Army officers, and it still oversees military projects such as the reconstruction of Iraq. But most of its 35,000 employees are now civilians working on civilian projects -- deepening ports; replenishing beaches; draining wetlands for agriculture and development; and taming rivers for barge traffic, flood control and hydropower. Officially the Corps is a Pentagon agency, but it functions like a congressional preserve; its civil works budget consists almost entirely of earmarks requested by individual members of Congress and endorsed by the Corps.

So the United States doesn't really have a water resources policy; just a pork-barrel water resources agency that builds pet projects in congressional districts across the country.

But the pressure goes both ways. The Corps motto is " Essayons ," French for "Let us try," and its leaders have always pushed Congress to let them improve on nature's work. Even in the pre-Earth Day era, executive-branch officials complained that Corps leaders exploited their Capitol Hill connections to secure funding for projects that served their clients in the shipping, dredging, farming and building industries. President Franklin D. Roosevelt's interior secretary excoriated the "reckless and wastrel behavior" of the "insubordinate and self-seeking" Corps, attributing its popularity to "the torporific effect of the pork barrel." President Dwight D. Eisenhower declared that "I cannot overstate my opposition to this kind of waste of public funds."

All modern presidents have tried to rein in the Corps, but Congress has jealously protected it. In 2000, after I wrote about a secret "Program Growth Initiative" that Corps generals had devised to try to boost their budget, the Clinton administration was so embarrassed by the reaction of its assistant Army secretary for civil works -- "Oh my God. My God. I have no idea what you're talking about" -- that it announced a modest plan to reaffirm the Pentagon's authority over the Corps. A week later, after a ferocious backlash from congressional leaders, the plan was meekly withdrawn.

The Corps is allowed to endorse projects whenever it calculates that the economic benefits to private interests -- even one private interest -- would exceed the costs to taxpayers. And without executive-branch oversight, the Corps has traditionally inflated benefits, low-balled costs, and otherwise justified projects that keep its employees busy and its congressional patrons happy.

The Corps predicted its Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway would cost about $300 million and float 28 million tons of cargo in its first year; the actual totals were $2 billion and 1.4 million tons. And that was before the Program Growth Initiative ordered Corps analysts to "get creative" with economic studies.

The result was the kind of boondoggles that Larry Prather called "swine," such as the Yazoo Pump project, a plan to build the world's largest flood-control pump in the Mississippi Delta even though it would cost more than buying the soybean farms it is supposed to keep dry. Or the similarly destructive plan to build jetties to protect private fishing boats off North Carolina's Outer Banks, at a cost of about $500,000 per boat. Or a proposal to deepen the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal to attract cargo ships that had no interest in using it.

The biggest Corps scandal of 2000 involved a $1.2 billion navigation project on the Mississippi River. The Corps economist studying it had concluded that the numbers didn't add up, so his bosses reassigned him and pressured his team to concoct a new economic justification. The Army inspector general later concluded not only that the Corps had skewed that analysis, but that it had a systemic bias in favor of big projects. Generals were reprimanded, the National Academy of Sciences urged more modest approaches and the Corps went back to the drawing board.

In December 2004, the Corps came back with its modest proposal: a $7.7 billion project.

Again and Again

Today's Corps leaders say their agency is more ecologically sensitive and fiscally sensible; in recent interviews, they promised "more credible" analyses. Bush has proposed zero funding for most of the zaniest Corps projects; he also shut down the Outer Banks debacle, and fired an assistant Army secretary who complained publicly about the proposed budget cuts. The deepening of the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal seems dead, and the Corps has stopped dredging some of its little-used waterways.

For the most part, though, Congress has ignored Bush's proposed cuts. And the Corps still defends its clunkers, including a Delaware River deepening that was savaged by the GAO and a Columbia River deepening that was debunked by the Oregonian newspaper .

The Corps recently admitted in court that its bizarre Missouri flood-control project was justified by a basic math error, and a new study suggests that a multibillion-dollar Corps navigation project on the Ohio River will make the Mississippi project look cost-effective by comparison. The Corps is also struggling with its $10 billion effort to restore the Florida Everglades, the project that was supposed to turn around the agency's environmental reputation; one Corps manager complained in a 2005 memo that it's over budget and behind schedule, and that it isn't restoration at all.

"We continue to see the same systemic problems at the Corps, again and again, the same recurring themes," GAO analyst Anu Mittal said.

Themes such as unintended consequences, environmental destruction, shoddy economics and selfish politics.

The same themes that drowned New Orleans.

A City Drowned

After Katrina, the Corps said that all of its failed floodwalls had been overtopped by a hurricane too powerful for the Category 3 protection authorized by Congress, while Bush's critics said the administration's budget cuts had hamstrung the Corps.

Both were wrong. Katrina was no stronger than a Category 2 when it hit New Orleans, and many Corps levees collapsed even though they were not overtopped. Bush's proposed budget cuts were largely ignored, and were mostly irrelevant to the city's flood protection. New Orleans was betrayed by the Corps and its friends in Congress.

The Corps helped set the stage for the disaster decades ago by imprisoning the Mississippi River behind giant levees. Those levees helped protect St. Louis, Memphis and even New Orleans from river flooding, but they also reduced the amount of silt the river carries to its delta, curtailing the land-building process that creates marshes and swamps along the Louisiana coast. Those wetlands serve as hurricane speed bumps -- in Katrina, levees with natural buffers had much higher survival rates -- but they have been vanishing at a rate of 24 square miles per year.

After Hurricane Betsy in 1965, the Corps also began building levees to protect the city from the Gulf of Mexico, but its misguided plan led to even more destruction during Katrina. The Corps put most of its levees around undeveloped and highly vulnerable floodplains instead of focusing on protection for existing developments -- partly because Corps cost-benefit analyses did not consider the cost of human life or environmental degradation, and partly because powerful developers owned swampland in those vulnerable floodplains. Katrina destroyed many of the houses built on those former swamplands.

The Louisiana delegation and the Corps also deserve blame for the Mississippi River Gulf Outlet, an alternative shipping route to the Port of New Orleans. The outlet was always popular with port officials and a few shipping executives, but it destroyed more than 20,000 acres of wetlands, created a "hurricane superhighway" into the city and never attracted much traffic. Now computer models suggest it amplified Katrina's surge by two feet.

And the outlet was only the most destructive of the pork projects the Corps has been building in Louisiana when it should have been upgrading levees and pursuing its plan to restore the state's coastal wetlands. In 2000, I described how the Corps had spent $2 billion wrestling the wild Red River into a slack-water barge channel that wasn't being used by any barges; four of its dams had been named for Louisiana members of Congress, and the entire channel had been named for former Louisiana senator J. Bennett Johnston (D). The Corps was also spending $750 million to build a lock that was supposedly needed to accommodate increasing barge traffic on the New Orleans Industrial Canal -- even though barge traffic was steadily decreasing. The Corps spent $1.9 billion in Louisiana in the five years before Katrina, more than it spent in any other state. But all that money didn't keep New Orleans dry.

Ever since Katrina, independent engineers have been pointing out grave problems with the Corps levee designs, and criticizing the agency for building on unstable soils. In congressional testimony last month, Lt. Gen. Carl A. Strock, the commander of the Corps, finally acknowledged "design flaws." But his damning admission got nowhere near as much attention as former FEMA director Michael Brown's e-mail about being a "fashion god."

Where's the Outrage?

So why aren't Americans angry? Because water resources policy is so boring? Because they're counting on the Corps to protect New Orleans from the next storm? Because they assume all the other Corps flood-control projects are properly designed and constructed?

Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Russell Feingold (D-Wis.) are pushing a Corps reform bill that would require independent reviews of large projects, but they aren't getting much traction. By contrast, 81 senators have urged swift passage of a bill approving $12 billion in new Corps projects. And the Louisiana delegation has tried to use Katrina to pour billions into unrelated Corps pork, including a port-deepening project that even the Corps concluded would return just 30 cents on every taxpayer dollar.

Meanwhile, the Corps is rebuilding its New Orleans levees to mere Category 3 levels.

Maybe Americans will get angry after the next disaster.

grunwaldmr@washpost.com

Michael Grunwald is a Washington Post staff writer.

© 2006 The Washington Post Company

catch 22
03-07-2007, 06:09 PM
When you're 15,000 feet above the lake, it just looks like a sandy beach shoreline:yes: . I flew over it on Saturday morning on my way back from Brasil. Definitely looked like enough water, but now I feel like I should replace my King Cobra with a Berkley:wink:
MAKE THAT TWO BERKLEYS:bonk:

DonCig
03-07-2007, 07:41 PM
OK, so how many of ya have actually run the lake with a depth finder?? I can tell ya that Heid got a bit nervous on one spot in the lake when it came up to 50' deep.. Another spot we saw 215.. The gas docks @ Jamestown are 124'.. Now, my rudimentary math skills pretty much tell me that there is enough water to run a Donzi in even after the Corps is done dropping the levels.. Yeas, 76 falls wont happen this year, but hell, this gives us the opportunity to go visit other places in the lake for a change.. IMO, rafting up, while fun, aint what I'm there for.. I come up to burn some dinosaurs to a crisp, and rafting dont burn nothin.....
Well, OK, maybe a few brain cells, but hell, I can do that anywhere..:boggled: :boggled:
Well, for those of us down in the middle South that use a rock and string to measure our bottom clearance, does this mean that you Southern Crackers are coming up from the swamp lands to show us how to do some moonshine driving?
Gerometta, lock up the Chickens and put the Rams on the Blackhawk because I see a shine run coming on! And Todd, keep Jill locked in the boat barn if you know what is good for you.

Bubba

DonCig
03-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Shine is good... :yes: And Jill in the barn? Well hell, thats everymans fantasy...
Damm, you is a good 'ol Southen Boy!

Lookin foward to chewin some fat and sharing some shine.
But we have to Duel for Jill.
Pistols are my choice!
May I suggest the bottom one "Benjamin" for your use?

Don

gero1
03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
jill can't be in the barn, she has to make the potatoes. shine? well if you want to burn brain cells hell i got a gallon here, ought to be enough to get 3 or a hundred going. also works great as a fuel additive. burns blue. we drove on the lake last summer wfo for 3 hours! it's a very very big lake. i want to go back to skull cliffs or what ever it was, rt knows. we are hanging out in a very small section of the lake. mp you'll have to talk to the minister and ministereet of forestry about hickory. heck i only need about 3-4 foot of water to take off, after that about 9-10 inchs to 50mph above that about 5 will do.

DonCig
03-07-2007, 09:31 PM
jill can't be in the barn, she has to make the potatoes. shine? well if you want to burn brain cells hell i got a gallon here, ought to be enough to get 3 or a hundred going. also works great as a fuel additive. burns blue. we drove on the lake last summer wfo for 3 hours! it's a very very big lake. i want to go back to skull cliffs or what ever it was, rt knows. we are hanging out in a very small section of the lake. mp you'll have to talk to the minister and ministereet of forestry about hickory. heck i only need about 3-4 foot of water to take off, after that about 9-10 inchs to 50mph above that about 5 will do.
Is it possible? Can it Be?
Is Gero's Blackhawk a Florida Everglades Flats Boat in Disguise?
If they can boat on grass (legal of course) in Florida, whats a few little shallow mud flats in Kentucky?

turbo2256
03-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I got it everyone bring bottled water

DonCig
03-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Don, Thanks for the offer, but since thats the best ya got I'll borrow one of Heidi's so we'll both have girls guns:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Scott; I was trying to not "one up you", but since you pulled the Raymond Cover (Senior) knives out, I figured it was time to step it up a notch. Also, get you order into Ray Senior; he is retiring this year and he is just about done taking orders. His son will keep engraving knives like yours, but the feed stock from dad will be gone. I just ordered 6 of his last and greatest lockblades, so do not miss the boat.
So I see your R. Cover lock blade and Kahr K9 and I up you 2 Raymond Cover Fixed Blades and a Perazzi MX-8 20 SCO. As Peter Pan once said; dont mess with a Lawyer son! LOL
I will save the Big Guns for AOTH, I can see it now, shooting turtles off of logs with my Win. 458 mag, shooting floating beer cans with your pair of K9's, high on moonshine and Bar B Que. Boy are we going to have a great time in Kentucky! Todd; can you get us all out of Jail; including yourself?
Gero; are guns, moonshine, fast boats and beautiful women (Jill) still considered gods gifts in Kentucky? Espicially if they all smell of Hickory?

Todd, that will be our legal defense.

Now; back to the duel for Jill.

Don

p.s: My snake gun http://www.gunblast.com/Freedom_500WE.htm

gero1
03-08-2007, 06:45 AM
you two can play but you will leave trip and j out of this, they are my gourmet cooks. i will bring the 50c for long range, m16 with the m79 attachment for med range and the tech 9 for up close

BigGrizzly
03-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Leave Jill out of this, she can hold her own. After all she is the onlyone who can control Todd! Besides I like her more than you.

roadtrip se
03-08-2007, 10:37 AM
who tries to lock Jill up in the garage, especially if we are heading out to the lake. She would probably use one of your skulls like a can opener to pry open the garage door. Don't mess with this lady, but those of you who have met her, know this already. Respect and a gentle touch are in order, but how is that different from any other donzi girl that tolerates our crew?

Gero, don't be telling everybody here about our high performance secrets. Who needs nitrous, we got shine. As for drinking the stuff, watch out for the fruit at the bottom, as I have seen big men drop like tall hickories after just a sip and a bit of peach. It is sweet, but hauls a hell of a punch. Heck, maybe we should call the next batch "Jill's Preserves" in honor of my all suffering bride.

Guns and knives are going to be an "on your own" proposition. Let's just say that the locals don't take kindly to foreigners disturbing the peace. And if one of you takes a hit, the local horse vet will be happy to sew you up. We'll send you off with the shine to the Doc's office, because I think that would be better than the alternative.

The temps are creaping up down south, so we will have the Blackhawk and the SE in the water in the next few weeks scouting routes and floating places. Don't worry, we'll leave the light on for you all in May!

Team Jefe
03-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Respect and a gentle touch are in order, but how is that different from any other donzi girl that tolerates our crew?

No true-er-er words have even been spoken:yes:

BigGrizzly
03-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Remember the saying don't mess with Texas, Jill invented it!

gero1
03-08-2007, 09:23 PM
i see i have some back up... our three boats have more h.p than your two, na na na!!! heck i didn't even have to call in my other two gourmet cooks from the west side of the u.s. i vote for going up towards the other end of the lake, towards skullerbonestiki cliff(can't remember what it's really called). it's wide enough to run 20-25 boats wide! there has to something up there for all of us to raid.

Jerry Eisele
03-14-2007, 04:07 AM
Room & Dock booked!!!! It's been a cold winter and I'm ready!!!:eek!:

roadtrip se
03-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I realize I'm gonna get crap for this, and Grand Master Boldts will poke me in the nose when he see's me, but ya gotta admit it's funny as hell...

Accelerate by baby blue x-18 at AOTH 7 should it appear they are run aground. Afterall Biscayne Bay is six foot or less, so they should know better.

That pic is hilarious, I would sell my stock in bead companies this year, if I were invested heavily. Not sure New Orleans can pick up the slack.

T

marineclean
03-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Scott,

I didn't realize that our dates conflicted with the Flash G. run and the Horses. I wish there were more dates available for everyone. It took forever to find one that everyone agreed to this year. Ours is a way from you, so maybe we'll just pull the hillbillies. :)
Have a great run!

Donnie

Jerry Eisele
03-15-2007, 07:19 PM
We've had the weekend before Memorial Day for Seven years:yes:

marineclean
03-15-2007, 08:00 PM
We've had the weekend before Memorial Day for Seven years:yes:

I know and didn't even think. I'm helping out with a lot of others and it didn't even cross my mind. My mistake and hopefully I can get the date changed for next year.

Donnie

catch 22
03-15-2007, 09:59 PM
but ya gotta admit it's funny as hell...
NO MP thats not FUNNY. My berkley hasn't arrived yet.:wink:

FISHIN SUCKS
03-16-2007, 07:30 AM
My berkley hasn't arrived yet.:wink:
Neither has mine....and I'll be damned if I settle for a Panther or Jaccuzzi:eek!:

smoothie
03-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Ok...I admit it... LOL! and it looks like it didnt stop the party:beer:

zimm17
03-16-2007, 08:50 PM
OK I'm new to this section of the forums. Catch 22 got me interested in this meetup- even though it's 700 miles from VA beach...
What's the scoop? Rooms still available? Should I go suite or cabin? What are they like?
Is this THE event of the summer for us east coast donzi guys? Come on, talk me into it! I do have a new trailer that's more than up to the road trip.
Imco shortie is on the way too, so that gets me into the "shallow" areas. :yes:

Jerry Eisele
03-17-2007, 06:12 AM
Suites are great, they overlook the lake and marina, plus... you can walk to the dock. On the other hand, the cabins are in the woods, less expensive and you can park your trailer next to them.. Both are nice. I booked last week and they still had rooms. We always have a great bunch of Donzi people at this event and no one goes home hungry!!"thanks to Farmer Tex. Roadtrip and myself":wink: Doc Dan comes over from the coast. Farmer Tex. from Tex., Poodle from Florida, Sam from Mich. Grizz from Georg, Fish in Sucks from Ind..etc.etc. I hope you can make it. The Mid-West Donzi Club will do our best to ensure a great weekend.:yes:

ITTLFLI
03-17-2007, 08:39 AM
OK I'm new to this section of the forums. Catch 22 got me interested in this meetup- even though it's 700 miles from VA beach...
What's the scoop? Rooms still available? Should I go suite or cabin? What are they like?
Is this THE event of the summer for us east coast donzi guys? Come on, talk me into it! I do have a new trailer that's more than up to the road trip.
Imco shortie is on the way too, so that gets me into the "shallow" areas. :yes:

Come on over to our lake! It is a fun bunch of people and a great event to blow the cob webs and soot out!!! Jerrry hit the nail on the head about the food!!! :pimp:

zimm17
03-17-2007, 10:01 AM
OK I'm in. They're not answering the phone and the email button doesn't submit anything. I'll try again Monday.

BigGrizzly
03-17-2007, 10:20 AM
As for the event of the summer well thats a perspective. I always do the event because it is a little informal but organized with meeting great people. It is the first event of the season hence Awakening of the Horses. As for the shorty drawing less water only about 2 inches, not significant for shallow water,but neat. If you want to meet people and the board Icons this is the biggest bang for the buck. Now the other events are great too and to put one above the other is hard and I refuse to do that, its too hard. One for sure is that no one has ever left the event wishing they had not come. Many always wish they had not missed it. If you want to meet the board people like MR Bolts, Mad poodle, Road trip(and his beautiful side kick Jill the fastest dock liner in the country), Donzichick, Dr Dan, big grizzly(me)and Mr personality Fishing sucks It is
rumored that captain Mr X may come also as well as others then don't miss it. There will be prop testing as well hosted by Precision propellers. If you don't come only person to blame is yourself.

ITTLFLI
03-17-2007, 10:23 AM
OK I'm in. They're not answering the phone and the email button doesn't submit anything. I'll try again Monday.

Great!! It will be a blast!!

They are on Central time. Not sure what number you have but here is the one I use 270-343-5253. They do have an 800 number on the website though.

Jerry Eisele
03-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Great to have you. The # I used is 1-800-830-5131/270-343-5253 Give them a call, let them know your with the Donzi club and you'll get a better rate.
Jerry

zimm17
03-19-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm in! Booked a suite today. My girlfriend bought tickets to fly in also- so for the now the two of us. My little bro might make it too.

Now I just need to get the Imco lower on, fix the water not getting through the drive, install my XS steering, new dash panel, and pop up trim indicators, oh and finish my fiberglass patches on the stringers. The weather better start warming up!

ClassicRazorback
03-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I went wth my family 4 or 5 years ago and we had a blast!!
hope to see you guy's again.

chris

ITTLFLI
03-19-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm in! Booked a suite today. My girlfriend bought tickets to fly in also- so for the now the two of us. My little bro might make it too.
Now I just need to get the Imco lower on, fix the water not getting through the drive, install my XS steering, new dash panel, and pop up trim indicators, oh and finish my fiberglass patches on the stringers. The weather better start warming up!

Excellent!

Sounds like you and I both need to get started on our projects!!:eek!:

ITTLFLI
03-21-2007, 07:51 AM
OKAY....so lets start an unofficial attendence log.....we will do the official one in a new post here in a few weeks.

I'm arriving thursday and leaving sunday.
3 people-me, jill, dad(since he sold his 22)
1994 22 classic

Who else?:yes:

BGH18
03-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Brad & Ginnie
Arriving Thurs & leaving Sunday
1999 18 classic

CFD5
03-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Thurs to Sun
2 people
25 Powerplay.

Hope you guys don't mind a non-donzi running around. No headress' this year.:wink:

BigGrizzly
03-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Randy Carabelli companion=still up in the air
arriving Wednesday night
Boat Corsican and/or Criterion.

zimm17
03-21-2007, 12:29 PM
I'll be there (Greg) with Delicia and possibly my brother Charlie. Thurs night arrival- leave Sunday morning.

Sam
03-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Reso made :yes: see ya then :boat:.

Jerry Eisele
03-21-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm in with my neighbor Dave, and Donzi chick!! Arriving thurs. early AM, leaving on Sun. morning.:propeller

DonziChick
03-21-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm in, as usual!

I believe Connie (Eliminator) is in as well.

I have a couple of new recruits this year as well. Barb and Rob (Stinger) and Linda and her husband (38' ZR) coming from Mentor, Ohio.

I'll start up my spreadsheet and make sure I have a list of everyone who's coming :)

show-n-go h2o
03-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Me & danielle 28zx
steve and diane (dad,mom) 34 powerquest
bob and company 33 singer alley cat
andrea and chris..
a few others are mabeys at this point.... cant wait to see everyone for the best event of the year... thanks again to all that set this up.:boat: :beer:

show-n-go h2o
03-22-2007, 01:59 AM
Me & danielle 28zx
steve and diane (dad,mom) 34 powerquest
bob and company 33 singer alley cat
andrea and chris..
a few others are mabeys at this point.... cant wait to see everyone for the best event of the year... thanks again to all that set this up.:boat: :beer:

roadtrip se
03-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Jill and I will be around the whole week watching the water evaporate, serving and eating too much, maybe a cocktail or two, you know, the usual.

RTSE

gero1
03-23-2007, 08:53 PM
booked today....but i want my money back if dere aint no water oar dat dam breaks

DonCig
03-23-2007, 09:34 PM
booked today....but i want my money back if dere aint no water oar dat dam breaks
I want my custom squeezed, chopped, chamfered, lightened and totally tweaked Blackhawk 31" props back too if the dam breaks. And if you hit one of them there steel tire floating things you bought um BigBoy!
And I am not talking about scrap value; I am talkinging about kissing your daughter value!

Hickory Don

smoothie
03-24-2007, 08:58 AM
After -4 degrees this winter...cumberland is lookin real gooood! :boat: Looks like the troops are getting the ramps ready....and the main lake doesnt really look much different..except I dont see any timber:yes:

show-n-go h2o
03-24-2007, 10:06 AM
i am going down there tonight, then dunking the boat for a few hours just to make sure everything is good before i head out to havasu, i'll take some pics and post them up on monday when i return

show-n-go h2o
03-26-2007, 11:26 AM
we went to cumberland yesterday, the lake looks great as far as lumber goes. i didnt see even the smallest sticks floating. there is still plenty of water in the main parts of the lake, you can still get close to the falls but not up the last cove to them. i took pics of the damn, falls, and some other ramps and random parts of the lake. at jamestown there is only one lane of the ramp open but it's plenty deep enough to launch any kind of boat.

show-n-go h2o
03-26-2007, 11:30 AM
here is a few more

Sam
03-26-2007, 12:12 PM
"at jamestown there is only one lane of the ramp open but it's plenty deep enough to launch any kind of boat." Thanks for the update and pics. Looks like we can expect some delays at the ramp :( .

show-n-go h2o
03-26-2007, 02:42 PM
"at jamestown there is only one lane of the ramp open but it's plenty deep enough to launch any kind of boat." Thanks for the update and pics. Looks like we can expect some delays at the ramp :( .

the delay's shouldnt be that bad for the donzi meet, yesterday it took me over 45 min. to get in the water, and about 15 to get out. there was some kind of fishing thing going on so there were a ton of bass boats going in and out of the water.

zimm17
03-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Well we can plan for Thursday evening to get the boats in the water and tied up in their slips. Then the party begins! Slips are $10 a night, well worth it with only 1 ramp available.

ITTLFLI
03-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Actually looks kind of cool with all that shoreline! It shouldn't be any issue launching boats as most of us get there during the week(thurs/fri) and are fairly staggered with our arrivals.

How many more days?!! :eek!:

Jerry Eisele
03-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Smoothie, Nice shot of the lake from the top of the hill!!
I talked to "Fish in sucks" and he's a go. Does anyone have a Mic and PA, He really wants to get his act or as he puts it his "MO JO" working, without losing his voice!!:bonk:

FISHIN SUCKS
03-26-2007, 11:09 PM
...yeah, my niece's 'Barbie Karoake' machine just didn't didn't have enough booty, lookin' for a little help here. If we can't find anything, I might have to rent somethin'. Didn't anybody buy one of those Mr. Microphones back in the 70's when they were hot?:confused: ?:bonk: ? C'mon, you know, Ronco:eek!:

Jerry and I talked and I will start up a new thread in this section regarding auction items. Kind of a questions/answer/suggestion thing.

BigGrizzly
03-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Hey Guys with Corsicans lets have all who can attend after we have the honored boat this year. I am bringing mine. If no one shows up I get the best looking Corsican, the farthest Corsican towed, and the best restored Corsican awards.

FISHIN SUCKS
03-29-2007, 12:49 AM
Made reservations today for Barbi and I. So, simple Indiana math (kind of feel like Uncle Jed saying to Jethro 'go ahead boy, show'em your gozintas, well 1 gozinta 1 1 time, 1 gozinta 2 2 times...) says that be 2 showing up Thursday afternoon and leave Sunday.

Jerry Eisele
03-29-2007, 04:30 AM
I guess you could say it's official, with this news "IT"S SHOW TIME":shocking:

Donzi Jenn
03-30-2007, 02:57 PM
I guess you could say it's official, with this news "IT"S SHOW TIME":shocking:
Hey! I remember that day..... kinda. :wink:

Jerry Eisele
03-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Jenn, Great to see you on the Donzi site. Elizabeth has a friend coming to the aoth with a 38ZX, so you would have a ride, if you and the Rainman make it. We really missed you two, last year and would love for you to attend!! I know you would like the Fishin Sucks Auction Show. Keep in touch, hope you can make it.

FISHIN SUCKS
03-30-2007, 03:43 PM
I know you would like the Fishin Sucks Auction Show. Keep in touch, hope you can make it.
Are you kidding, that's probably why they didn't come and used that home building excuse instead saying they didn't want to listen to my whatever. That's a cool picture. Jenn and Ran, you two need to come down and do a repeat:yes: :yes: Hope to see you guys there!

zimm17
04-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Anyone bringing a gas radio controlled boat? I'm thinking about reviving my 55" dumas scarab with a 4HP zenoah engine. It's a lot of extra stuff to bring though unless there will be some others to "boat with".

show-n-go h2o
04-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Anyone bringing a gas radio controlled boat? I'm thinking about reviving my 55" dumas scarab with a 4HP zenoah engine. It's a lot of extra stuff to bring though unless there will be some others to "boat with".

I have a tunnel hull with a 3.5 on the back of it. i havent drivin it in years, but i could get it out and dust it off. let me know if your going to bring it.

WE HAVE HAVE ABOUT A MONTH TILL IT'S TIME........ :boat: :boat:

roadtrip se
04-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Two super suites down at the hotel this year. We need the oven and refrigerator space for all of the BBQ for Saturday night. Should be enough to eat!

boldts
04-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey everyone. You must be thinking what the heck? The guy who promotes this gathering doesn't even keep us up to date on what’s going on. Been a very busy year for me with quite a few life changing moments.

For those of you sitting on the fence about coming to Lake Cumberland because of water conditions and lake levels, put those thoughts to rest. The Jamestown resort is on one of the deepest areas of the lake with over a 150' water depth at normal lake levels. So they drop the lake 50', we're still very good to go. The resort is rebuilding their launch ramp to accommodate the needed entrance to the lake. Our Friday trip to Lees Ford resort is also a go as I have talked with them and they too have made the necessary adjustments to their marina. Normally, they hold an in-water boat show while we are on the lake. Nothing better for the Donzi dealer (Alton Blakley) than to have some 20 to 30 Donzi boats pull into the marina for lunch during their show. The other dealer's jaws just drop has they see all the Donzi owners pull in and the beauty of these boats we all love so much.

Alton Blakley wants to be a part of our gathering this year and I am hoping they can bring a 27ZR or a Shelby 22' Classic down to Jamestown to display to everyone in attendance. I'm also hoping that Donzi Inc. will be able to send someone from the factory to give them a presence with us. After all, the owners of their boats are their best advertisers and sales persons they have. I don't know about the rest of you, but if and when I can have another boat in my life, it will be a Donzi and I know that many of you feel the same way as I do.

We are honoring the Donzi Corsican this year. If you are an owner of this very rare Donzi model. I hope you'll be able to attend our gathering with or with-out your boat. Come join what has truly become a family gathering of Donzi owners from all over the country. We'd love to meet you if you've never been to our gathering and if your returning to be with us again, it will be a great reunion seeing you again.

I don't want to ruin our surprise, but yes, we will have a gathering t-shirt available, but it won't go on sale to the general Donzi owners until after the gathering. Those attending the gathering are getting first dibs on the shirts. These shirts of course like all previous years are a one time deal. Once they are gone, they are an antique never to be produced again after 2007. Anyone still have a year 2000 in their closet? Our first year and the beginning of a gathering that has grown into a hard to believe for me happening.

Roadtrip and Farmertex along with help from others in attendance will feed you a meal Saturday night that if you love Texas barbecue is beyond belief. Jerry Eisele handles the rest of our food offerings for us and with-out his help, this gathering couldn't happen as smoothly as it does. Itilfly - Byron Scholle sets up our Saturday Fun Run. He is a native to the lake and although we may not be able to go to 76 Falls this year as one of our stops due to the lake levels, he and other owners who frequent the lake will make the needed adjustments and make a great run for everyone to enjoy. Having boated on the lake in the past, I'm thinking that we may just be able to see more fantastic land masses now with the lower water levels. Little waterfalls will now be dropping 50' more. :)

Then there is our Saturday night auction. Fishin Sucks here on the Registry pulls off and makes this part of our gathering truly a must see. Tom and Barbi own a 24' Black Widow and are a wonderful part of our family. So ZX, ZR and Ragazza owners, this isn't just a Classic gathering. We welcome and invite any Donzi model owner to come have fun with us. You'll be welcomed and I'm sure probably experience the best time at a boat gathering you've ever experienced. Back to the auction, it is the last thing we do together at the gathering. The monies raised at this auction keep this great gathering happening every year. We also send a portion of the proceeds here to the Registry as with-out this website, this gathering would never have been born. The Registry is also our biggest advertisement for Donzi owners to find out about the gathering. Mr. VanAlstine truly does a wonderful job with this site and the Midwest Donzi Club appreciates his and the people who help him efforts immensely! I saw where Fishin Sucks created a post about this, so I won't expand on what he has given you as far as advice, but Tom will auction anything you offer to us. Might be a case of a favorite drink, popcorn, left over Texas barbecue, Donzi clothing you might have had made or made yourself, pictures, even a ride in a 100 + mph catamaran. Yep that's right. We have a friend who loves to come down from MI with a Cat that flies and last year put a ride in the boat up for auction guaranteeing you would see 100mph on the gps. Quite a thrill if you've never experienced a ride like that in your life. So, as you can see, anything you care to offer will be greatly appreciated!

On the Donzi clothing note, if you need a few items before our gathering, I highly recommend you check out his items through the Atlantic Coast Donzi Club at www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com The good doctor really has some great items to offer Donzi owners wanting to show off the brand. The coolers Doc as available are the perfect addition to any Donzi. They can be color matched to your boat and what boater doesn't need a place to keep food and refreshments warm or cold? Another hot item Doc has is those cute bikinis to dawn your Donzi lady in. The wind jackets are fantastic for those early morning cruises on the Donzi. Check it out and put in an order!

I almost forgot, (Thank-you Griz) but for those of you wanting to try a new Precission Prop, better know as Turbo, on your Donzi, they will have a represenitive at the gathering along with props for you to test run. Wanna try how a 4 blade will work on your boat, they have examples of their products there for you to try. Just upgrade your engine or maybe gone to a surface drive over the Winter? I would suggest e-mailing or calling Precission and talking with Chris Booe. Chris knows our boats and will also have an idea of prop you want to try so he can be sure to have one with him. Contact them through: http://www.precisionpropeller.com

BTW, a personal friend and gentleman who has helped me with this gathering over the years, Byron Scholle and his lovely wife Jill are expecting a baby this year. Congratulations to you both and I wish you a fantastic non-eventful delivery of your baby. The 80+ Classic may be minus one passenger this year, but I know there will be no worries of a ride for Jill on something a little bigger and smoother for her if she desires a ride. Take care both of you!

In closing and yes as usual, I'm way long again, the Awakening of the Horses or AOTH for short will be happening on Thursday May 17th thru Sunday May 20th. This is the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. Come early or stay late if you wish. You won't be disappointed in this beautiful wide open lake where the horses under the hatch can run free. You'll be awed by the beauty of this place and your heart will pound harder and faster as you put the throttle down. Take care in your travels to be with us. I look forward to meeting and seeing both new friends along with friends I've had the pleasure of meeting over our last six years. Don't wait till the last minute, call the Jamestown Resort in Jamestown, KY and make your reservations today. Take care all and have a wonderful summer enjoying the best boats built named Donzi. Until you experience a day at the launch ramp as you launch your Donzi with all on-lookers admiring your boat and asking questions of you, only then will you understand the mystic known as Donzi!

boldts
04-02-2007, 03:41 PM
LOL I just took the time to read back over the previous postings. You guys crack me up and yes, while being an issue, no stoppage of one of the best boat gatherings in the country will happen. Poodle.........you and I have to talk about that picture my friend. LOL anyone else notice that the party was still in full force? That's Cumberland and while yes there are parties, don't be afraid to bring your family. This is not a gathering of a bunch of wild and crazy go fast boaters. Everyone attending is an adult and knows where and when to have their fun. We are family and everyone is treated as such!

It was interesting. Last year I rode with a gentleman from the Jamestown marina who owned a 43' Formula sporting 3 ProCharged engines. He had attended the Formula gathering on Lake Cumberland. He was so surprised how loose and inviting we were. He said the Formula gathering in his opinion was a bunch of stuck up snobs and he was very surprised how open and willing to share our gathering with him. When someone on the dock asked him how he could run with a bunch of Donzi owners, he simply pointed to the AOTH shirt from last year he was wearing and said: "We're all a part of the Aronow family!" I was proud to be standing next to him when he said that. My true want for the gathering had in deed happened. Don Aronow started 6 companies and all were honored last year with pride and respect towards the man who started deep vee speed boating as we know it today.

It's your choice folks, there is no registration fee to attend and our gathering might not have the corporate backing of say the Sarasota Donzi gathering, but if your looking for a relaxing, family reunion type of setting, AOTH is one of the best you'll ever attend. I relize that you the owners are the ones footing the bills to attend, so along with the many volunteers who help me do this every year, we're out to make it the best possible gathering we can. Nothing makes me smile more than to have a first time attendee come up to me Sunday and tell me just how much they enjoyed their time at Lake Cumberland.

Enough said. We're just over a month away. I look forward to seeing everyone and if I look at you like a deer in a headlight, be patient as I tend to remember your boat a lot faster than I remember your names. Take care all and be safe in your travels.

BigGrizzly
04-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Bolts I beleive that precision propellers will be in attendance again.

FISHIN SUCKS
04-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Bolts I beleive that precision propellers will be in attendance again.
I still have Chris in my speed dial, I'll call him tomorrow and find out. Lookin' forward to seeing you, Griz!:yes:

ITTLFLI
04-04-2007, 05:36 AM
I still have Chris in my speed dial, I'll call him tomorrow and find out. Lookin' forward to seeing you, Griz!:yes:

I talked to Chris (Turbo)the other day. They are planning on attending! :)

DonCig
04-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Room and boat slip booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
Should pull in sometime Friday.
1,206 miles should net me the long haul award. Gift certificate at Shell would be appropriate. LOL
Farmer TX, I think that I am only about 50 miles farther away than you, so If you can get lost at least once on the trip, you can take the award!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=3241+Blue+Grass+Court,+Castle+Rock,+CO&daddr=3677+south+highway+92,+jamestown,+kentucky&mrcr=0&layer=&sll=36.990762,-84.984398&sspn=0.159872,0.275345&ie=UTF8&z=5&om=1

DonCig

rumshaker
04-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Shelley and I are in for the AOTH this year and we'll be bringing our 97
22 ZX! Our last gathering with the other Donzi owners was in Sarasota two years ago. Needless to say we had an absolute blast! We're coming from Jacksonville, anybody else from Jax area heading up? See ya there!

BigGrizzly
04-04-2007, 08:55 PM
fishing -looking forward to you and pretty Barbie too.

catch 22
04-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Rumshaker, When are you planning on leaving?

Budmann
04-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Just map quested this one!!! WOW!!!! 755 from my door step. If any Florida boys want to share the drive, I might be talked into it.:yes: :yes: :yes:

ITTLFLI
04-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Just map quested this one!!! WOW!!!! 755 from my door step. If any Florida boys want to share the drive, I might be talked into it.:yes: :yes: :yes:

It's all interstate 75 except for the last 45-60 minutes for you!

Come on up!!!! :yes:

rumshaker
04-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Rumshaker, When are you planning on leaving?
We're leaving jax Wednesday afternoon..

gero1
04-14-2007, 08:18 AM
what's up here? no one has posted on this thread in a week! has the dam broke? is there still a meet(party) at jamestown? is some one gonna cook me some dinner? i want some some hickory smoked brisket!:smash:

Jerry Eisele
04-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Just talked to Connie and she is bringing the Cat, last year, she's buying a Skater for next season. She is bringing the Mich. gang with her, three or four boats??:yes:

Dr. Dan
04-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Just talked to Connie and she is bringing the Cat, last year, she's buying a Skater for next season. She is bringing the Mich. gang with her, three or four boats??:yes:

Oh Boy....Now Todd will have an excuse for not being able to run over a Buck 20 when she blows his doors off!

He won't have the Speed Prop on...or my cooler is too full, or my Rooster Tail is too high, or the density and specific gravity of the water in relationship to the laminar flow of my shorty was directly proportional to the adhesion coefficient of the soil that formed on the seat of my pants when I was passed by Byron...again! :wink:

Schmack Attack from the Quack...Yakity Yak...Don't Talk Back....

Doc :eek!:

BigGrizzly
04-17-2007, 08:37 AM
My excuse is I am not bringing the Criterion, I am bringing the Corsican! Scott Bolts will HAVE a Corsican, To drive, at the event that is honoring the Corsican. Its not the prettiest, its not the fastest, it does sound great, but it will be there. I will be riding with someone for a change.

undertaker
04-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Oh Boy....Now Todd will have an excuse for not being able to run over a Buck 20 when she blows his doors off!
He won't have the Speed Prop on...or my cooler is too full, or my Rooster Tail is too high, or the density and specific gravity of the water in relationship to the laminar flow of my shorty was directly proportional to the adhesion coefficient of the soil that formed on the seat of my pants when I was passed by Byron...again! :wink:

:) :) :) :) :propeller: :propeller: :propeller: you are freakin nuts!!:yes: :yes:

Undertaker owner of a slow 496HO boat:)

undertaker
04-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Attendees::eek!:

Ed Schumacher, Jr.
Ed Schumacher, Sr.

2005 Red Donzi 22 classic SLOW 496 HO....rookie driver:)

Will be arriving wed afternoon leaving Sunday morning. Maybe I will have someone from eastern PA follow me....:wink: :wink:

Undertaker:pimp:

roadtrip se
04-17-2007, 06:05 PM

Beuller, Beuller? Home in PA! You gonna talk that kind of smack, you better bring it on over to KY friend. Fricking keyboard racer! You make AOTH, I'll make Lake George. Deal? Afterall, it is time you enjoyed looking at some of that lamiar flow again big boy. Trash talk is cheap...

Cuda
04-18-2007, 12:12 PM
I was just on the phone with Catch 22. He was just telling me about her and that cat. He said she wasn't afraid to run it either.:eek!:

I'd come, but I'd have to get a day's head start to keep up. :(

Red said he'll either keep up, or there will be pistons laying in the bilge. :eek!: :wink:

Dr. Dan
04-18-2007, 12:58 PM
I was just on the phone with Catch 22. He was just telling me about her and that cat. He said she wasn't afraid to run it either.:eek!:
I'd come, but I'd have to get a day's head start to keep up. :(
Red said he'll either keep up, or there will be pistons laying in the bilge. :eek!: :wink:

Well I can tell ya there is not an ounce of Caution or Fear in this womans body..... I am willing to bet in most cases, she would kick the asses of 95% of the guys and girls on this board.... and I am not talking in her boat... she is a "Strong Willed Woman", and she can drive!

Of course... it's always embarrassing to watch Todd floating in the water with his hatch open, she knows of this technique...as well as the cut the corner off the turn trick.... not really a factor at her rate of speed.

I will miss running with her.

Doc the Wimp of the East :smash:

Jerry Eisele
04-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Connie emailed me. She's going to sell her cat this summer, just ordered a 30' Skater W/ twin Tyler Crocket 700 HP. If someone's going to take her out, you best do it this year!!

Cuda
04-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Jerry, what kind of cat and power does she have now?

undertaker
04-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Cuda, I believe she has a Eliminator Cat now with a high hp Tyler Crockett motor. She is very good friends with Tyler Crocket from what I have heard....

Undertaker :)

DonCig
04-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Cuda, I believe she has a Eliminator Cat now with a high hp Tyler Crockett motor. She is very good friends with Tyler Crocket from what I have heard....
Undertaker :)

Around 900/950 HP currently as best that I can recall.

Makes the nicest morning wake up call that I have heard. Unfortunately a fair amount of the AOTH crew does not know how to get out of bed before 11:00 am. Which puts a crimp in Connies early morning high speed runs. Sorry for the shot, but just calling it as it has been in the past. Maybe this year we can have some activities that begin before noon.

Don

Sam
04-20-2007, 02:35 PM
What would you suggest Don..............anybody have a radar gun :confused:.

DonCig
04-20-2007, 03:15 PM
What would you suggest Don..............anybody have a radar gun :confused:.

Sam, great idea. I think I know where I can get a radar gun for morning activities.

Don

roadtrip se
04-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Well I can tell ya there is not an ounce of Caution or Fear in this womans body..... I am willing to bet in most cases, she would kick the asses of 95% of the guys and girls on this board.... and I am not talking in her boat... she is a "Strong Willed Woman", and she can drive!
Of course... it's always embarrassing to watch Todd floating in the water with his hatch open, she knows of this technique...as well as the cut the corner off the turn trick.... not really a factor at her rate of speed.
I will miss running with her.
Doc the Wimp of the East :smash:

and you get to see and practice all of the latest racing techniques.

If you are going into the bilge, ya better make it convincing because someone is probably catching it on a camera every time.

Cutting corners might not be a great idea this year with the water depth down. Can you say "instant shortie drive", yes I knew you could!

roadtrip se
04-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Sam, great idea. I think I know where I can get a radar gun for morning activities.
Don

and set something up. I too get tired of standing around on the docks until noon waiting on everyone. Let's go run... Maybe a little prop testing and exchange with Precision?

ITTLFLI
04-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Jerry, what kind of cat and power does she have now?

Here she is last year during the fun run!

Jerry Eisele
04-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Cuda, DonCig is close, I think in the 1000HP range! If someone would like to take the lead on a morning event, that would be great. Let me know so we can put it in the agenda. We could do it out in front of the marina, that's a good spot in the morning.:eek!:

catch 22
04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Here's two pix's of Connie's MOTOR at the AOTH. I think it was 3 years ago. WOW. What a nice set up.

catch 22
04-20-2007, 06:55 PM
LMAO :wavey:

DonCig
04-20-2007, 07:32 PM
and set something up. I too get tired of standing around on the docks until noon waiting on everyone. Let's go run... Maybe a little prop testing and exchange with Precision?

I volunteer to put on the following early morning event if I can get enough support:
Here is what I have in mind. A little game of Honest John; Donzi style.

Everybody gets to have fun; and what top speed your boat runs is not what wins the money!

The game and $$$ money pot works as follows.
1. You call out and write down your expected 2 way average top speed run through my radar trap. Everybody gets to run; and the boat that gets closest to what they called out as their two way average gets the pot of money. The Honest John part comes in that you can not use your Speedo or GPS unit in your boat. And the radar gun is the law, no going to court to plea bargain that I was using a faulty gun. We will cover your speedo with 3M Blue Painters Tape and we have to trust you on turning off your pocket GPS units.
The betting works as follows: for every .1 mph avg. that you are below your Honest John estimate, you put $.50 in the pot after your run, for every .1 mph that you are over your honest John speed estimate you put in $1.00. So if Todds boat really runs 85 mph, but he tells everybody that it only does 81 mph, he could loose $40 big ones and his position as head sandbagger!
So the fast boat sandbaggers can loose a little more money than the slower Honest Johns.
In the event of a 3 way tie we will do a runoff. If we have a two way tie the two winners can split or the low mph Honest John can demand a runoff. If one person is -.1 mph under and one person is +.1 over their Honest John; the two can split the pot or do a runnoff. Closest always wins; but under is better than over; the one under gets to decide on whether they want a run off or not.

So, does these sound more fun than sitting around waiting for the late risers?

Don

ps- I am very open to any modifications or another game. I just wanted to get the ball started.

BUIZILLA
04-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Brilliant.....

but change the fitty cent to a nickel bag, and one dolla to a dime bag....

makes it worth your while...

but DON'T release the winner's numbers until the auction BBQ is over...

suspense doncha know...

:wink:

BigGrizzly
04-20-2007, 08:05 PM
What is funny about that is that the Mad guy and I were first at the last check point and we stopped so I could take a dip. If you guys really want I could ask Dan if he wants to come.

DonCig
04-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I volunteer to put on the following early morning event if I can get enough support:
Here is what I have in mind. A little game of Honest John; Donzi style.
Everybody gets to have fun; and what top speed your boat runs is not what wins the money!
The game and $$$ money pot works as follows.
1. You call out and write down your expected 2 way average top speed run through my radar trap. Everybody gets to run; and the boat that gets closest to what they called out as their two way average gets the pot of money. The Honest John part comes in that you can not use your Speedo or GPS unit in your boat. And the radar gun is the law, no going to court to plea bargain that I was using a faulty gun.
We will do a test on the gun with one boat that has a couple of GPS units in it the day before hte event. And we will make the information public before anybody posts their Honest Johns. Please keep in mind that Livorsi GPS Speedos are only guaranteed to be accurate to +/- 3%; or about .2/.3 mph.
We will cover your speedo with 3M Blue Painters Tape and we have to trust you on turning off your pocket GPS units.
The betting works as follows: for every .1 mph avg. that you are below your Honest John estimate, you put $.50 in the pot after your run, for every .1 mph that you are over your Honest John speed estimate you put in $1.00.
So if Byrons boat really runs 86 mph, but he tells everybody that it only does 81 mph, he could loose $50 big ones and gain the most envied position as Head Donzi Sandbagger! You can replace Byrons name with one of many others that I can think of. LOL
No offense meant Byron; and all the others.
So the fast boat Sandbaggers can loose a lot more money than the slower Honest Johns.
In the event of a 3 way tie we will do a runoff.
If we have a two way tie, the two winners can split the pot or the low mph Honest John can demand a runoff. If one person is -.1 mph under and one person is +.1 over their Honest John; the two can split the pot or do a runnoff.
Closest, but low speed always wins; under is better than over; the one under gets to decide on whether they want a run off or to slip the pot.
So, doesn't this sound more fun than sitting around waiting for the late risers?
Don
ps- I am very open to any modifications or another game. I just wanted to get the ball started.
We can put a max. loss on the run; something like $20 under, and $100 over.
My thanks to Jim H. (Buizilla) for a few helpful suggestions:
1. Let the participants set the cost $ of each .1 mph deviation. But once agreed on is does not change.
2. Do not annouce the results until the Saturday night banquet.
3. Leave the public humiliation of the Sandbaggers to our entertaining M'cee at the banquet.
Jim, I can see it now, the early birders out with their GPS units making runs at first light; all with the intention of dialing in their speeds and then planning on going home with the GOLD!
I think some trophys may be in order!
Handicapping has always been the great equalizer in sporting events.
Don

ITTLFLI
04-21-2007, 08:17 AM
I like it! This will add some excitement to our "show and shine" period! Thanks for taking the initiative Don!

Jerry Eisele
04-21-2007, 09:55 AM
That's a great idea Don, thanks for jumping in. I think the cost should be kept reasonable, so every one will make the run? We will be posting the agenda next week, so give us a time frame, so we can post it. We can come in after the morning event and then do Byrons Fun Run after lunch. Along with the Tex-BBQ and the Auction, it should be a fantastic day!!!:eek!:
Thanks again, keep us posted.

DonCig
04-22-2007, 08:37 AM
After input from a number of the event organizers; it appears that the First Donzi Honest John event at AOTH is a go.

I have been asked to put together an agenda and time frame so here is what I have submitted:

Announcement: Donzi Honest John Run

When: Saturday Morning
Where: Registration or sign in is at 8:30 am on the Johnstown Marina Dock.
Time trials start at 9:00 a.m. We will finish by 11:00 am.
First in line registering gets first run, etc.

You will write down your estimated two way average on a marker board before heading out to the staging area. We are going to use the No Wake Buoy at the entrance/exit of the marina as out staging area. The course or run will be along the shore to the right just as you exit the marina; provided the water is clear of logs and the wind is not a significant factor.

I will be working the radar gun along with one assistant. The assistant will be videoing all runs and radar readings on a HD Video Camera that we will be playing at the Saturday night auction for entertainment.
We will announce the results starting with the least Honest contestant finishing with the Honest John winner/winners!

You will not need to bring any money to the time trial; $ all damages will be collected at the Saturday evening auction.

This event is not a top speed run; as you can choose to run at any speed that you desire; the goal is a two way consistant run that matches your Donzi Honest John estimate.

There will be some humor prizes awarded Saturday night but the big prize is a pile of GAS money $$$$.

We have decided to put a financial limit on your losses; because if you were to break down on your run you could owe a bundle.
The maximum amount that you can donate to the pot is $15.00 if you error on the slow side and $30.00 if you error on the fast side.

For every .1 mph that your two way average is below your estimate you donate $.15 cents (or $1.50 for every 1 mph).
For every .1 mph that your two way average is above your estimate you donate in $.50 cents (or $5.00 for every 1 mph.)
Do not forget that you can not loose more than $30.00 at this event!

Will will not be disclosing the winner / winners or the results of the event until Saturday night at the auction.

We will not be doing any runoffs; in the event of any ties the pot will be split as follows:
Two below Johns will split 50/50.
Three below Johns will split 33/33/33.
Two above Johns will split 50/50
Three above Johns will split 33/33/33
One below John and one above John will split 2/3 to the low and 1/3 to the high.
Two below Johns and one above John will split 1/3 to each low and 1/3 to the high.
One below John and two above Johns will split 1/2 to the low and 1/4 to each of the highs.

Rules:
1. You must put 3M Blue Painters tape on your Speedometer and/or dash GPS unit. We will supply the tape.
2. No GPS units allowed. Remember this is a Donzi Honest John event. I guarantee you that we will Roast you saturday night if we even suspect foul play.
3. Lifejackets will be worn by everybody in your boat; no exceptions!
4. You can take as many in your boat as is legal by the USCG tag.
5. You must maintain at least a 30mph average run in order that this event can finish by 11:00 am.
6. If you break down during your run you will be allowed one more two way attempt if we can still finish by 11:00 am. No guarantees on a re-run.
7. There will be no second attempts other than rule #6.
8. After your run please leave the area so as to allow the next person to have some clean water for their run. You can return to the staging to be an observer; if you so desire.
9. We will give each contestant a map showing how to enter and exit the time trial course. Safety is rule # 1.

I will be looking for three volunteers to work the event with me. One to work the registration desk, one to work the staging area, and one working the radar gun and HD Video camera recording the radar gun times and boat runs for the evening auction.

Thanks,

Don

Jerry Eisele
04-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Great job Don!!!!!!

Cuda
04-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Great idea! It's like bracket racing on the water. :)

show-n-go h2o
04-22-2007, 01:11 PM
"I will be looking for three volunteers to work the event with me. One to work the registration desk, one to work the staging area, and one working the radar gun and HD Video camera recording the radar gun times and boat runs for the evening auction.

Thanks"
Don

i'd be happy to offer my boat for the radar/film crew to use while this run is going on. just let me know

catch 22
04-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Cuda, Gina said she would give up shotgun if your interested?:wavey: :biggrin.: Sounds like fun. Count me in.

Sam
04-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Sounds good Don, thanks for picking up this ball and running with it. I would be happy to help as long as I get a chance to play as well :yes:. Let me know what you need.

Sam

boldts
04-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Thank-you Mr. Tamn! It's kinda funny. Last Wednesday, I went to a local track near my home on a Wednesday night and saw Drag Racing at the local level. They do drag racing on water of course, but not in a 2 direction format. It's a great way to bring something new to a Donzi gathering, but you and the suggestions here are going to make it happen.

I'm looking forward to seeing and doing this with Big Grizzlie's help since he has so generously offered the use of his Corsican at AOTH this year. I can see it now, Thursday and Friday will be filled with owners dialing in their boats and getting the exact speed at say 4,000rpm. Water how-ever offers things like waves that will throw a kink into anyones dial-in. Makes it all the more fun I think and the winnings all the more challenging.

Been away from Donzi.net for way to long. I miss my friends both made and not made yet. I've finally gotten our club website updated and added the planned agenda to the Awakening page. I'm hoping to give the site a new look soon. We'll see how it goes.

For Awakening of the Horses VII information, please see the club's website and if you know owners who maybe don't know about the Registry, let um know they are invited if they would like to meet some wonderful Donzi owners! www.mwdonziclub.com

roadtrip se
04-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Just shot in the past week.

http://www.statedock.com/GotWaterVideo07.wmv

Are you ready?

Dr. Dan
04-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Are you ready?

Todd, Great Video...so did you shoot it from the Bell Ranger Helicopter or the Citation Jet while you were cruising by?

:spongebob: Looks like maybe a little of both... can't wait to see the Rooster Tail and stories of this years "Dishonest Todd " or I mean "Honest John" runs... should make for good reading!

Doc the Instigator :wavey:

DonCig
04-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Are you ready?

Todd, how did you manage to PhotoShop out all of the logs in the water?
Your skills amaze even I! LOL

Don

RedDog
04-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Don - well thought out venue. Should be fun

DonCig
04-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Don - well thought out venue. Should be fun

Thank you for the kind comment. I agree it should provide some lighthearted safe performance boating.

roadtrip se
05-01-2007, 09:44 AM
"I will be looking for three volunteers to work the event with me. One to work the registration desk, one to work the staging area, and one working the radar gun and HD Video camera recording the radar gun times and boat runs for the evening auction.
Thanks"
Don
i'd be happy to offer my boat for the radar/film crew to use while this run is going on. just let me know

Don, I am in to help you wherever you need it. Registration, staging, corraling, abusing, the usual.

One other detail I would suggest that might make this thing go off easier. Please bring your FRS radios, so we can chat each other up, Um, I mean move people through the course more quickly.

Okay, I'll declare the first number. 50! Thats right, 50 baby. Read it and weep! Now, I'll go find the rocker tabs, so I can keep her on plane at that speed.

DonCig
05-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Don, I am in to help you wherever you need it. Registration, staging, corraling, abusing, the usual.
One other detail I would suggest that might make this thing go off easier. Please bring your FRS radios, so we can chat each other up, Um, I mean move people through the course more quickly.
Okay, I'll declare the first number. 50! Thats right, 50 baby. Read it and weep! Now, I'll go find the rocker tabs, so I can keep her on plane at that speed.
First, I see your 50 and raise you 5, yes 55mph Big Boy!

Second, yes I will bring the radios.

Third, I will be playing my Sammy Hagar "I can't Drive 55" CD at maximum volume as I make my run!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000000OPF001001/103-1135868-5509446

gero1
05-04-2007, 09:10 PM
are we bidding? i am cheap and broke but will go 56.378

Jerry Eisele
05-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Shirts just came in and they look SUPER!! Thanks Jeff for the nice design......Mark ,..The Cotton is sooooo soft!

farmer tx
05-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Cool too.

BUIZILLA
05-05-2007, 06:42 AM
Mark, how do we get you, Polly and your Critter to LG this year??

roadtrip se
05-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Hmm, can you say relay?

She gets dragged to KY for AOTH and then I drag her to LG.

Did I mention I have plenty of storage?

You fly in to Albany, your boat is there, maybe with a few more hours on her, and I save the embarassment of getting soundly beat by some ambush artist in the SE.

Sumthin to think about.

roadtrip se
05-05-2007, 02:30 PM
take your LG stuff to the LG thread please, geesh.

POKER RUN. Talking to Mr. Eisele this morning and we are looking to repeat the infamous, chaos-riden Poker Run on Saturday afternoon. Last year's scene looked like something out of a James Bond movie with boats going every direction, in and OUT of the water. Heck, my boat had plastic ducks in it of all things, separate story.

Mr. Gero and I will be scouting the water next weekend for the card stop locations. I am thinking:

Grider Hill

The Dam(Dam thing)

Island at Beaver/Otter Creek entrance

Wolf Creek

Shinibone

Raft-off at Difficulty or Harmon Creeks.

Byron, Jerry, and Jeff hit on something last year that was a true blast and the feedback was great.

The scouts will report in, but just wanted to plant the seed that this is in the works.

Could be a record, if I burn TWO tanks in one day at the rally. Worse things have happened.

FISHIN SUCKS
05-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Don- looking forward to this time trial even though i don't plan on winning! Yeah, I know, wrong attitude, but I am going off my history of Bracket Drags with the Corvette and can just never pull the money shot.

Todd- you're right, that poker run was great last year, I think we might have even done well, can't remember. Barbi probably knows, she always does, just ask her.

Got the speaker and microphone all lined up to pick up on the way down. I know how much Poodle likes those things (ha Ha).

Can't type anymore, my fingers are worn out from waxing the boat today. see all next week,

tom

gero1
05-06-2007, 07:53 AM
i am? we are? am i bringing my boat? do i need to go put the drive back on my boat?(its laying on the floor)

roadtrip se
05-06-2007, 11:20 AM
i am? we are? am i bringing my boat? do i need to go put the drive back on my boat?(its laying on the floor)

Yes. Yes. Yes. Not going to do you much good lying on the floor!

And no fair grabbing parts off the lawn tractor or the Jimmy this year.
MP has red label delivery! White glove detail and full mechanical inspection will be administered on the ramp next Saturday morning, so get it done.

The scouting report is on the line friend...

Man I hope mine starts this week.

show-n-go h2o
05-11-2007, 11:20 AM
6 more days untill we'll be floating on cumberland... everyone be safe on your drive..

Donzi Jenn
05-11-2007, 12:09 PM
We'll see you soon! :wink:

Jerry Eisele
05-12-2007, 11:47 AM
If You have a DVD you would like to share on Fri. night please bring it. Thanks!!

roadtrip se
05-12-2007, 09:47 PM
take your LG stuff to the LG thread please, geesh.
POKER RUN. Talking to Mr. Eisele this morning and we are looking to repeat the infamous, chaos-riden Poker Run on Saturday afternoon. Last year's scene looked like something out of a James Bond movie with boats going every direction, in and OUT of the water. Heck, my boat had plastic ducks in it of all things, separate story.
Mr. Gero and I will be scouting the water next weekend for the card stop locations. I am thinking:
Grider Hill
The Dam(Dam thing)
Island at Beaver/Otter Creek entrance
Wolf Creek
Shinibone
Raft-off at Difficulty or Harmon Creeks.
Byron, Jerry, and Jeff hit on something last year that was a true blast and the feedback was great.
The scouts will report in, but just wanted to plant the seed that this is in the works.
Could be a record, if I burn TWO tanks in one day at the rally. Worse things have happened.

and everything looked great. And I mean great! The water is as close to debri free as I ever have seen it for this time of year. Occasional stick and that was about it. We did not push our luck by venturing too far up the creeks, but there was a spectacular waterfall up Wolf Creek that was very cool.

Harmon Creek, aka alternative to 76 Falls, was showing 90+ feet at several choice raft off spots. The penninsula at the entrance is something I had never seen in 20+ years of coming to Lake Cumberland.

Jamestown ramp is a well organized affair. There were three guys playing traffic cop at the top of the hill, so you get notification that it is your turn and you go. There are cars parked on the side and their corresponding peoples, so I almost did claim a 45Q Igloo as MYCO roadkill. Jill claims that a ****zu almost bit it too, but I never saw it, so I won't take responsibility for free ranging mutts.

Long range forecasts look flawless.

Get ready for an awesome AOTH 7!

ITTLFLI
05-13-2007, 01:31 PM
and everything looked great. And I mean great! The water is as close to debri free as I ever have seen it for this time of year. Occasional stick and that was about it. We did not push our luck by venturing too far up the creeks, but there was a spectacular waterfall up Wolf Creek that was very cool.
Harmon Creek, aka alternative to 76 Falls, was showing 90+ feet at several choice raft off spots. The penninsula at the entrance is something I had never seen in 20+ years of coming to Lake Cumberland.
Jamestown ramp is a well organized affair. There were three guys playing traffic cop at the top of the hill, so you get notification that it is your turn and you go. There are cars parked on the side and their corresponding peoples, so I almost did claim a 45Q Igloo as MYCO roadkill. Jill claims that a ****zu almost bit it too, but I never saw it, so I won't take responsibility for free ranging mutts.
Long range forecasts look flawless.
Get ready for an awesome AOTH 7!

RT,

Thanks for doing the "dry run" for us!

On that note I need 3 more volunteers as points to drop off the "Fun Run" tickets! Who wants to volunteer?

Byron

BGH18
05-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Byron, I would be glad to help out. Not sure of all the locations mentioned by
RT but I would like to do the dam or if someone can show me another location
I would be fine with that!
See a soon!
Brad & Ginnie:boat:

ITTLFLI
05-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks Brad! I have you down for the Dam. I will fill you in when we get down to the lake.

I have a great map for everyone to use and will be around for questions!

I need just 2 more volunteers....... ;)

roadtrip se
05-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Just look for the red boat below the cliff line with a smiling skull rock formation in it. The skull rocks!

Thanks for putting it together Byron.

boldts
05-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Byron, seeing how we're honoring the Corsican this year. I'll be happy to be a stop on the run with Mr. Carabelli's blue Corsican. Just let me know what you need when I get there Thurs. Morn. 3 days and counting down. Can't wait!

show-n-go h2o
05-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks Brad! I have you down for the Dam. I will fill you in when we get down to the lake.
I have a great map for everyone to use and will be around for questions!
I need just 2 more volunteers....... ;)

I'D BE HAPPY TO BE A STOP AGAIN THIS YEAR... that was a great time last year at little falls. let me know

Sam
05-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Check this out...............nice:yes: http://ky.weather-forecast.ws/jamestown

glashole
05-14-2007, 01:50 PM
as always the best weather is the day you have to go home

ITTLFLI
05-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I'D BE HAPPY TO BE A STOP AGAIN THIS YEAR... that was a great time last year at little falls. let me know

Great! I have you down for the first stop, Grider Hill! We can chat when we get down there!

ITTLFLI
05-14-2007, 04:24 PM
I need one more person for the final stop where we all tie up for a while........

Atomic Tan
05-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Byron,
Patti and I will be happy to help out. Just let us know where you want us.
Carl

undertaker
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Check this out...............nice:yes: http://ky.weather-forecast.ws/jamestown

VERY NICE!!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

ITTLFLI
05-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Byron,
Patti and I will be happy to help out. Just let us know where you want us.
Carl

Carl,

That would be great! I have you down for the 6th and final stop Harmon Creek. This is where we all tie up!

We can chat on Thursday!

Byron

BGH18
05-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Looks like great weather and a great time!!:)

show-n-go h2o
05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
For anyone thats interested we will have a bon fire meet and greet thurs. night. if you drive up the exit of jamestown, at the top of the hill the first street on the right is Scotts chapel, (turn right). the next street on the right is harbor springs (turn right) our house is the 4th on on the left the house number is 212. Everyone is welcome... come on up and hang out with everyone you know and meet some people that you havent. see you all soon

rumshaker
05-15-2007, 04:40 PM
That sounds great! How long is the party going for? We don't get intown until around 10 p.m. though. Coming up from florida. A meet and greet house party everynight sounds good too!!

show-n-go h2o
05-15-2007, 05:11 PM
we will be up late, every night everyone is welcome. i figured since there's nothing planned for thurs. it would be a good time to do it. i look forward to seeing everyone again. btw: my cell phone number is 513-403-5553 if you need better directions.:beer:

DonCig
05-16-2007, 07:06 AM
Donzi Folks, my apologies as I will not be able to attend this weeks event.

Family matters have dictated a new schedule for me this week.

Enjoy the perfect weather heading your way and good luck to being the first Honest Donzi John!

Sincerely,

Don

glashole
05-16-2007, 07:17 AM
we won't be getting there until 12-1ish depending on traffic etc leaving canada

if the meet and greet is still on we would love to attend :)

Jerry Eisele
05-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Show, We are planning on coming up!!

show-n-go h2o
05-16-2007, 01:53 PM
we won't be getting there until 12-1ish depending on traffic etc leaving canada
if the meet and greet is still on we would love to attend :)

We should still be up and out. if your on your way in you welcome to tow the boat straight to the house, there is plenty of parking in the grass. mine will probly be out on the side so you'll see it before you get to the driveway.

jerry glad to hear that you be up for the fire. we look forward to seeing you again. have a safe drive. we are pulling out at 6pm on wed.

SEE EVERYONE SOON. BE SAFE ON YOUR DRIVE

DonziChick
05-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Donzi Folks, my apologies as I will not be able to attend this weeks event.
Family matters have dictated a new schedule for me this week.
Enjoy the perfect weather heading your way and good luck to being the first Honest Donzi John!
Sincerely,
Don

Don - I'm sorry to hear you won't be there!!

Show - see you soon!

zimm17
05-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Anyone know exactly where the resort is? I'm planning on hitting hwy 92 and driving south until I see a boat ramp with a bunch of donzi's...

http://www.google.com/maps?q=3677+S+Hwy+92,+Jamestown,+KY+42629,+USA&ie=UTF8&om=0&ll=36.939739,-85.04787&spn=0.014338,0.0424&z=15&iwloc=addr

BGH18
05-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Zimm, last year was my first trip, but I think RT 80 west out of Somerset to
RT 127 South through Russell springs and then South through Jamestown until you hit RT 92 and its just a few miles to the resort. I think 92 ends at the resort.
Brad

ITTLFLI
05-17-2007, 04:34 AM
Anyone know exactly where the resort is? I'm planning on hitting hwy 92 and driving south until I see a boat ramp with a bunch of donzi's...
http://www.google.com/maps?q=3677+S+Hwy+92,+Jamestown,+KY+42629,+USA&ie=UTF8&om=0&ll=36.939739,-85.04787&spn=0.014338,0.0424&z=15&iwloc=addr

As Brad said............
Out of somerset take 80 west to russel springs.
Then south on 127 to jamestown.
When you get to downtown Jamestown there is a round-a-bout..continue "straight" or south on 92
I think it is marked for Jamestown Marina.

rumshaker2
05-22-2007, 12:06 PM
The Rumshaker's had a great time for our first AOTH visit! Everyone was very nice. Thanks for the great times......even with a broken throttle we rolled on!