PDA

View Full Version : Any Glass Gurus Here?

realbold
01-13-2007, 12:51 PM
This is what I'm looking at, the light colored areas, possible busted glass, maybe the mat close to the brown gell? A guy told me it ALL has to be ground out, looking for other opinions. Thanks.
Craig

LKSD
01-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Hard to tell 100% for sure from those pics.. But it looks more like a different fabric at the bottom. Unless you can actually see tears or damage & cracking that the pics don show or on the other side of the hull, I think I would get a second opinion if I were you. Depending on materials used & ammounts of resin used in certain areas there could be discoloations. I am too far away to look at it "hands on" in my place but I would have it looked at by another pro in your area. :) Jamie / Lakeside

realbold
01-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Thanks jw, trying to get more opinions. Probably have to grind down in one spot to see what I get or cut a hole with a hole saw and see what the piece looks like thats cut out.

LKSD
01-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Do you have any more pics that show a wider view of where the damage is (a few further away), and a few more that are a little more detailed (closer)?? I wouldnt go cutting or doig anything just yet.. :) J

realbold
01-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Thank jw. I can get more pics up here tomorrow. Wont be doing any cutting till spring anyway. Area in question is on the sides of the hull where the cockpit sole is glassed to it. Other bigger spot is port side of hull in cuddy just below and behind port window as you can see cutout in pic.