PDA

View Full Version : wiring a kill switch on my truck??

tiger lily
01-10-2007, 10:02 AM
does anyone have any advice on putting a kill switch on my truck, maybe something that will not send power to the starter, i know if i disable the fuel pump the truck will still start and run for a block or two, thats why im thinking the starter? its a pretty flashy truck and im not to sure of the area's that it will be left in, i dont think i would ever recover if some low life stole it, my dad and i have so much time into working on it, and it grabs attention everywhere it goes, so have any of you done this before or read about it before? truck is a 99 f350 diesel..

thanks matt

BUIZILLA
01-10-2007, 10:24 AM
find the ECM power wire from the fusebox on the left side of the dash, remove the fuse, put a toggle switch in between the two fuse terminals, do not use the fuse, you can use an inline fusible link on either leg, hide toggle switch, thats what I did to my '99 F350, worked perfect, cost me less than $10 from Radio Shack for parts

JH

mrfixxall
01-10-2007, 05:26 PM
does anyone have any advice on putting a kill switch on my truck, maybe something that will not send power to the starter, i know if i disable the fuel pump the truck will still start and run for a block or two, thats why im thinking the starter? its a pretty flashy truck and im not to sure of the area's that it will be left in, i dont think i would ever recover if some low life stole it, my dad and i have so much time into working on it, and it grabs attention everywhere it goes, so have any of you done this before or read about it before? truck is a 99 f350 diesel..
thanks matt

Or go rite to the steering colum and disable the starter,,i believe its a pink wire with a green stripe(18 guage)