PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new car.....

vonkamp
01-09-2007, 08:12 PM
for my wife. Stopped by the GM dealer near my house and test drove a few. New cars seem so un-inspiring and when I expressed that, the key's to a 06 GTO were tossed to me. While the looks are not great, it really runs nice. Kind of like a half price vette.
Any owners out there? How do you like it?

SideshowRob
01-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Aren't they about the same price as a new Mustang? I find the Pony is a better looking car. As for the GTO, it's a nice enough car it's an older Australian platform, I've read the suspension and brakes are lacking but this is coming from guys who do nothing but drive cars....

vonkamp
01-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Aren't they about the same price as a new Mustang? I find the Pony is a better looking car. As for the GTO, it's a nice enough car it's an older Australian platform, I've read the suspension and brakes are lacking but this is coming from guys who do nothing but drive cars....

I agree, i've allways been a GM guy but I'm going to look at Mustangs today. They do look much better. With the convertable option :convertib .

The GTO has almost no trunk because the Fuel tank is verticle for the Aussie dual fuel laws.

Barrret-Jackson in Florida soon. Hmmmmm. :cool: :cool:

stillcrazy
01-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Ya, it's a real delemon! I'm in the same boat and have been a GM guy since '72 when Ford wouldn't stand behind a defect in their car.
recently though researching some of the problems with different makes i came across some disturbing info on GM. They have had a problem with Dexcool and intake manifolds. Seems that the plastic gasket is eaten away and motor ingests antifreeze leading to a premature death.
The problem has been known since '96 and they haven't owned up to it or changed anything but the gasket,bolts and lowered the flush and refill to 36,000 miles . Which places the car out of warranty Down from 150,000 originally touted and recently advertised 100,000. Engines fail around 35 to45,000 miles.
Google: Dexcool or Buick intake manifold problems.

I'm not trying to bash GM but I am very disapointed that a large American company could continue to stiff the public knowing that there was a problem. Their lawyers reply to the class action suits was as expected. There is no problem. The cars were out of warranty!
What do I buy? Korean ? or wait for the Chineese?

mrfixxall
01-10-2007, 05:30 PM
for my wife. Stopped by the GM dealer near my house and test drove a few. New cars seem so un-inspiring and when I expressed that, the key's to a 06 GTO were tossed to me. While the looks are not great, it really runs nice. Kind of like a half price vette.
Any owners out there? How do you like it?

i would wait til mid 07, dodge is sopose to come back out with the challenger 2 dr,,its a sharp car....do a google search on it and check it out
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.classic-and-dream-cars.com/image-files/tmb_dodge_challenger_2007_002_300x225.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.classic-and-dream-cars.com/2007-dodge-challenger.html&h=225&w=300&sz=13&tbnid=GYycChnxDeGSlM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3D2007%2Bdodge%2Bchallenger&start=2&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=2

McGary911
01-10-2007, 07:52 PM
I recently traveled to Dayton on business and rented a Dodge Charger R/T. 340 horse. It got outta it's way pretty well. Pretty roomy, with a big trunk and not all that mucn $$$. dash and some of the interior seemed a bit plasticy, if that's a word. I doubt it. I put about 200 miles on the car and about 1000 on the back tires. That's not a bad car in my bood :wink:

justleft
01-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Mustang Convertable. Didn't like it.

The windshield extends too far back and with the top
down it doesn't feel like a convertable.

But I like the new Mustang.

SideshowRob
01-10-2007, 11:18 PM
i would wait til mid 07, dodge is sopose to come back out with the challenger 2 dr,,its a sharp car....do a google search on it and check it out

I was coming on here to say the same thing. That Challenger is AWESOME! 6.2 Hemi I believe. Nicole wants a new Mustang but I showed her the Dodge... I may have changed her mind.

I'm a GM guy too. I love my 94 3/4 ton 4x4. Nicole has a 2000 Impala. But for new stuff I think it's all about the same. They all have their problems. I like Toyotas, but they aren't quite big enough yet.

vonkamp
01-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Wow, the Challenger is nice. I wonder what kind of markup they are going to put on it when it comes out. Old mopars were bringing a LOT of money at Barrett-Jackson last year so the new ones ought to be a sellout.

I like BMW's and have owned the for the last 15 years. My problem is with the dealer which is 60 miles from me and their poor cust. service and general bad additude.
Anyone interested in a fully equipped 01 530I? $19,500 for fast sale.

I may just go the used Toyota route for a year or so.

Craig S
01-11-2007, 08:33 AM
I want the Challenger...BAD!

BUIZILLA
01-11-2007, 08:38 AM
how many miles on the Beemer?

stick or auto?

black interior?

options?

vonkamp
01-11-2007, 09:38 AM
how many miles on the Beemer?
stick or auto?
black interior?
options?

64300 miles

Auto with Triptronic

Grey Interior

Sport & premium package, GPS, xenon lights, 6 disk changer, moonroof, rain sensor, power everything, michelin pilots (2 are new) 235x45x17, window shades.

If interested, PM me & I'll call you.

mrfixxall
01-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Wow, the Challenger is nice. I wonder what kind of markup they are going to put on it when it comes out. Old mopars were bringing a LOT of money at Barrett-Jackson last year so the new ones ought to be a sellout.
I like BMW's and have owned the for the last 15 years. My problem is with the dealer which is 60 miles from me and their poor cust. service and general bad additude.
Anyone interested in a fully equipped 01 530I? $19,500 for fast sale.
I may just go the used Toyota route for a year or so.

If interested a buddie of mine has a 2004 M3 (7000 miles)with all the toys.

$32.000 firm

Hay! buiz whyle your at it why dont you make a offer on the M3 and my buddys 1970 gs stage2 fact race car to.(the one that was in texas,,its forsale again)