PDA

View Full Version : Old classic's/Striped upholstery

Morgan's Cloud
01-09-2007, 07:01 AM
I contacted my upholstery gal yesterday to put her on notice that I would soon be needing her services again. She did an excellent job for me a few years back on the Magnum and I know she's up to the job for the St T.
I am giving serious consideration to having the new cushions done in the retro 'stripe' pattern as I think this will give the finished product a really nice appearance. Besides, I think I'm past the money IS an object stage .
Can anyone with an old classic (pre -70's) tell me what the width of the stripes is on their upholstery ? Don't want to accidentally go too narrow or too wide.

Thanks for the assistance.

Morgan's Cloud
02-14-2007, 08:11 AM
OK ,
I know that winter has set in with a vengeance now and the trip to the barn on the lake in all of the snow is a bit much to ask .Or to shovel off the boat and cut off the shrink wrap just to confirm that the stripes are 1.5" and not 1.75" but I'll be patient :D
Appreciate all feedback.
Thanks/Steve

Lenny
02-14-2007, 08:24 AM
A quick trip downstairs and... vvvwaaaaalllllaaa :)

They "measure" an 1 7/8" visually on the flat, but are actually 2". Due to the roll in the fabric it comes up a tidbit short. Do you pleats at 2" and once stretched over the foam you will end up here.

That was easy :D

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8529&d=1103939538

Morgan's Cloud
02-14-2007, 08:46 AM
HA !

You were holding out on me Lenny .... So you did'nt have to even go outside in the snow or cut up some shrink wrapping ......

Would you say that the width of the stripes remained the same over the years ?

Thanks again ..... and how's your winter been so far ?

Remember us all to Deneen .

Steve

Lenny
02-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Deneen says "Hi" Steve. :)

As far as I know the "striped" option was a hippy-dippy early mid seventies thing and remained unchanged till it died.

...a real shame it died :D I love looking at it after a long day on Yazgurs Farm and a few hits of purple micro-dot.

smoothie
02-14-2007, 09:30 PM
purple micro-dot....lenny I kinda figured you had some mind expansion treatments somewhere along the line:shocking::biggrin: :wink:

Kirbyvv
02-15-2007, 11:47 AM
If I'd only known earlier that Bob (bilt rite) was going to stop doing seats. I was going to go for the stripped look this year.

Carl C
02-15-2007, 12:17 PM
a few hits of purple micro-dot. :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: Been there and done that a few times back in the day!:chillpill

realbold
02-15-2007, 01:07 PM
:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: Been there and done that a few times back in the day!:chillpill
Yep, got a couple brain cells that still remember :bonk: