PDA

View Full Version : Double National Championships

Cuda
01-08-2007, 11:08 PM
First time in history, a school holds the National Champion in both football and baketball at the same time!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

HOW BOUT THEM GATORS?!!!!!!!!!

gcarter
01-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Joe;
You should be rightfully pleased!!!
The Florida Kinetico dealers have been part the "Gator Network" advertizing program this season and I was surprised at the depth of support this school gets.
Back in September we were invited to the opening game and a corporate tailgate party was included, complete with motorhome. Elaine, along with several of the other wives, were taken down on the field for the opening ceremonies. She said that was neat. All I could think about was how blasted hot it was before the sun went down about 9:00. I kept thinking to myself that people paid serious money for that experience, and that I should be more appreciative. At the time, I didn't get it.
It means a lot more now.

Cuda
01-09-2007, 09:19 AM
George, I've been a Gator fan since 1974, and I didn't understand how rabid the Gator Nation is until the first time I went to a game back in 1990. My little brother went to school there, as did my cousin. My sister, who is a BIG FSU fan, has been to every Nole game, home and away for about the last 15 years, said she's been to all the big stadiums in the country and NONE are as loud as it gets in the Swamp.:wink:

WingWing
01-09-2007, 11:51 AM
opening kickoff td return had more yards than the entire OSU offense the rest of the game. Gator defense sacked the OSU QB more times than he completed passes. How did OSU stay #1 all year? They are not a horrible team, but I am sure the gators have been practicing against more talent the last 4 weeks getting ready for the game.

Congratulations to the Gators, they pretty much silenced a nation of doubters in one 4 hour butt-whoopin of the press' favorite princess team.

florida gator
01-09-2007, 07:12 PM
opening kickoff td return had more yards than the entire OSU offense the rest of the game. Gator defense sacked the OSU QB more times than he completed passes. How did OSU stay #1 all year? They are not a horrible team, but I am sure the gators have been practicing against more talent the last 4 weeks getting ready for the game.
Congratulations to the Gators, they pretty much silenced a nation of doubters in one 4 hour butt-whoopin of the press' favorite princess team.

They stayed number 1 by having the easiest schedule in the country. More emphasis should be placed on strength of schedule.

I cann't tell you the last time I have missed a home game or teh cocktail party. I have had my wife reschedule birthday parties for my daughter for a home game.:anchor: :anchor:

Cuda
01-09-2007, 09:23 PM
I cann't tell you the last time I have missed a home game or the cocktail party. I have had my wife reschedule birthday parties for my daughter for a home game.:anchor: :anchor:

It's a good thing one never fell on the same day as a coed wedding shower.:eek!: :wink:

Cuda
01-10-2007, 06:38 AM
And Cuda scores!!!! :) :)

The shot was open, and I took it. :)

Cuda
01-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Gator hoops are currently ranked #2, and beat Arkansas last night. I think Osu is ranked fifth, and were already biotch slapped earlier by the Gators 86 to 60. :)

UNC is ranked #1. :(

florida gator
01-10-2007, 07:11 AM
It's a good thing one never fell on the same day as a coed wedding shower.:eek!: :wink:

That's gonna leave a mark!!

florida gator
01-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Gator hoops are currently ranked #2, and beat Arkansas last night. I think Osu is ranked fifth, and were already biotch slapped earlier by the Gators 86 to 60. :)
UNC is ranked #1. :(

Watched that game with some friends and hoped it was a precursor of things to come!!!

florida gator
01-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Easiest schedule in the country?? You need a better grade o beer my friend, those beergoggles you're wearing aint the right prescription for ya :) :)

I will rephrase that to say easiest of any BCS ranked team. That comes from ESPN, Fox and a couple of publications I have read leading up to the game.

Not the grade of beer, I have been dieting and haven't drank anything since 1/1.

That could be the problem!!!

florida gator
01-10-2007, 09:03 PM
You would need at least 9 to help me any. I just learned I will be doing what was the work of 2 men myself soon. My company is merging with a competitor and I, essentially will carry 2 business cards and maintaine the business of 2 reps on my own. Great challenge and opportunity but alot of responsibility and saves the company $$$$.

I saw in your signature Continental Trailers, do you sell for them? If you do, I may need 1 for a 26' Scarab Sport.

florida gator
01-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Hopefully I will know tomorrow. We aren't very far away on price.

Cuda
01-10-2007, 09:59 PM
And Cuda scores!!!! :) :)
Nothing but net!:biggrin.: