PDA

View Full Version : I want to redo my Donzi the right way

steven s
01-08-2007, 02:50 PM
I am sorry I can not spell so stay with me).
I have a 1971 16 ob.When my dad and I purchased the boat in early march of last year it was not in as good as shape as I wanted.So me and my dad want to restore the boat to as original as possible.I would like to find a list of the standard and optional features. but ihave some problems..?
1.Where can I buy a bow ring on top of the deck ft behind the running light.
2.wher can I find the origional Donzi and symbol/flag stickers,plus the regesterd identification which is Fl 0925 AX
3.Is there any way to get the available paint and stripe colors donzi offerd when the produced the boat
4.What were the guages that were insatlled.
5.Were there any cleats inthe stern
6.Was there a radio and how many speakers.
7.How were the cushins attached to the boat
8.Was the deck painted smooth or non -skid

If you have any answers it would help me alot.

Rootsy
01-08-2007, 02:59 PM
I am sorry I can not spell so stay with me).
I have a 1971 16 ob.When my dad and I purchased the boat in early march of last year it was not in as good as shape as I wanted.So me and my dad want to restore the boat to as original as possible.I would like to find a list of the standard and optional features. but ihave some problems..?
1.Where can I buy a bow ring on top of the deck ft behind the running light.
2.wher can I find the origional Donzi and symbol/flag stickers,plus the regesterd identification which is Fl 0925 AX
3.Is there any way to get the availablepaint schemes donzi offerd

1) do a search for rich pflaumer here on donzi.net
2) look up the contact info for Richard Weaver... again here on donzi.net
3) please clarify this statement
4) most likely teleflex... others may be more helpful
5) no idea
6) others may help more than I
7) snaps
8) smooth

olredalert
01-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Steven,,,

------I was a dealer back in the early 70s and ordered two 16 eggbeaters. To my knowledge they were only available in white with either blue, red, or yellow trim. I may be forgetting one other. Interiors were all white. Now, its possible that special orders could have been made but John C told me at the time that they were trying to keep special orders down on the eggbeaters as options on them were a pain in the butt to implement..........Bill S

steven s
01-08-2007, 08:03 PM
3.Is there any way to get the available paint and stripe colors donzi offerd when the produced the boat

steven s
01-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Whats you hull #??

Where would I look to find it on the boat.The title is at my dads office.
And thatnks for the info.

Rootsy
01-11-2007, 06:16 AM
if it truly is a 71... it won't be embossed in the transom under the rubrail... therefore take yourself a wet towel and a flashlight.. crawl under the dash, side opposite the steering wheel and wipe the glass and see if it is written there in felt tip...

steven s
01-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Or, look on the registration copy that we all know you carry in case you get pulled over and see if it's there.. :D :D :D

It is pretty true I keep a copy of my registration for my boat and trailer tag in a orange west marine thing that is attached to my keys.And i

But the cops get a little shocked when there coming over and you take out the lifejacket bag,dry box with flairs a E-perb vhf and horn ,take out the fire extinguisher,and throw the bouys over the side before they get there.And hand them my wallet with my i.d. with boaters license.I got my time downfrom being with them from 15-20 min. to 5 min.! But some cops see me and try to catch me doing something wrong.One guy told me that I was going fast in a manatee zone but earlier in the day I asked the coast guard boat if it was a manatee zone becuase of conflicting signs.

steven s
01-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Is that gel or paint??

It is paint