PDA

View Full Version : Whose going out in Pinnellas this weekend?

florida gator
01-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Not sure where I'm staying yet but I'm leaning toward John's Pass. I need to look at a boat in Clearwater and one around Reddinton. I will be pulling mine down also.

Cuda
01-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Richard, how could you let your son leave the family? It's like joining the mafia, you can never leave the family.

florida gator
01-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Why don't you check out the Holiday Inn - Sunspree down close to the Skyway. There is a great beach and a nice place to keep your boat. There are two heated pools and a very nice bar and restaurant. Super view of the bay. Great price too.
Holiday Inn Sunspree - 727-867-1151

I have stayed at that one before and may this time. I have some boats to look at while I'm down that way. One of the boats is in Clearwater so I may stay at the Island Inn Resort near Johns Pass. It's a nice place on the beach and has parking and docks across the street on a canal right by Johns Pass.

I'll call if I head south of Johns Pass.

florida gator
01-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Richard, I didn't have time to call but we stayed in Treasure Island and went to Clearwater Saturday and Shell Island today.

Place I stayed was great. Hotel on the beach with a parking lot and docks across the street in a canal that is almost dead center from Blind Pass and Johns Pass.

I have stayed there before and will again.

Donzigo
01-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Cuda,

David had the chance to buy a Baja with twin Mercs for a song. I'm cetainly no fan of Bajas; but, I have to say, this one is a sweet ride. It's a 1999 and it has zero stress cracks anywhere. He's the second owner. The orginal owner was an airline pilot who never used the boat. It's got plenty of equipment and has never been fished.

Cuda
01-10-2007, 07:05 AM
Cuda,
David had the chance to buy a Baja with twin Mercs for a song. I'm cetainly no fan of Bajas; but, I have to say, this one is a sweet ride. It's a 1999 and it has zero stress cracks anywhere. He's the second owner. The orginal owner was an airline pilot who never used the boat. It's got plenty of equipment and has never been fished.
I imagine momma is a lot happier with it than the Talon. :wink:

florida gator
01-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Wish I would have found it first. I almost bought one a few months back but the inspection revealed a soft floor and corroded shift shafts in the motors. I am negotiating on a 26' Scarab Sport now. That is primarily what we went down for this weekend.

While I was at shell island, I was beached next to a really nice Concept and we started talking about cc's and he loves his Concept but has a Baja 280 in the Bahama's and said that is one of the best boats he has ever had.

Cuda
01-10-2007, 07:33 AM
Wish I would have found it first. I almost bought one a few months back but the inspection revealed a soft floor and corroded shift shafts in the motors. I am negotiating on a 26' Scarab Sport now. That is primarily what we went down for this weekend.
While I was at shell island, I was beached next to a really nice Concept and we started talking about cc's and he loves his Concept but has a Baja 280 in the Bahama's and said that is one of the best boats he has ever had.
Who currently owns the Scarab? The guy I bought my Formula from bought a Scarab open with the money he got for my boat. He still wishes he hadn't sold the Formula.

There was a CC that ran it this poker run, and I'm pretty sure it was a Baja, and that thing was hauling the mail! There were probably 50 or more boats in this run, and that fishboat was the hot topic at the lunch stop.

Note that it is behind the Formula.:wink:

florida gator
01-10-2007, 08:56 PM
That looks like a Baja in the pic. I've looked at enough boats that I can just about tell you what year make and model from a mile away:bonk: .

The Scarab is owned by a guy named Ryan in Bellair. I don't think he had a Formula. He says he bought this boat from the original owner about 6 months after he bought it. We spoke again today. We're fairly close on the money but I won't pay what he came down to yesterday. It is probably the cleanest one I have looked at but he wants considerably more than I have seen them selling for. Not to mention evry other one I have looked at has had a newer efi motor and some other upgrades. This has the original motor, older gps without mapping, no trailer.

Wish me luck for him accepting my offer tomorrow.

Donzigo
01-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Madpoodle............yes, he could sell the boat and make some dough; but, then you gotta turn around and buy another. The two Mercs have new powerheads and the boat is quite sound. I don't know why this model Baja looks so great and the ones I see at the shows are so rough; but, it's nice. We're buffine this weekend getting ready for Gasparilla Invasion in Tampa in a few weeks.

Cuda, It was ME that was so scared of the Talon..... 18 ft + 100 MPH + testatarone + 2 kids & wife + NO INSURANCE = a big problem. I know he loved the rush; but, there are many who could testify to the consequenes. I am one of them. I laid my motorcycle down one night out at Ft. Desoto, when a big dog hit me - came out of nowhere - and I didn't even know what happened until I was down. With scrapes and pain and some bruised ego, I sold it to Ray Hempstead at Barneys the next day. I had a nice lady on the back and she got hurt too. Everybody's smiling until somebody gets hurt.

Florida Gator - We saw a guy in a red/white 16 at Shell the other day, was that you? he was too far away to hail and I was in the Scout, so he wouldn't have recognized me.

R.

Cuda
01-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Richard, I wait until AFTER Gasparilla to do the buffing, if you know what I mean. :(

florida gator
01-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Not me, might be at 3 rooker tomorrow.

I have always wanted to do the invasion. Where do you leave from?

Donzigo
01-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Out in the Tampa cut off David Island is a good place to start. Yeah, Cuda, the last fiberglass damage was done at Gasparilla too. There's something about staring at the shirts going up on the babes that keep a captain's eye off the job of paying attention.