PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust advice

problemchild
12-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi all,
I am looking into headers for my classic 18 and was wondering what would work best for both my buget and my boat, for starters. (I have the 410 hp 400ci chevy small block) Also, anyone know what my "like New" mercrusier exhaust manifolds are worth?
Thanks so much for the help, And Happy New Year!
-Problem Child

Cuda
12-31-2006, 03:23 PM
From what I read (and I read a lot), it sounds like Lightning headers give the most bang for the buck.

LKSD
01-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi all,
I am looking into headers for my classic 18 and was wondering what would work best for both my buget and my boat, for starters. (I have the 410 hp 400ci chevy small block) Also, anyone know what my "like New" mercrusier exhaust manifolds are worth?
Thanks so much for the help, And Happy New Year!
-Problem Child

Get what you can for them on Ebay.. Poodle is right about the stk stuff.. As far as replacments Lightning, hardin & cmi stuff is good.. Stainless marine makes a good is a good flowing manifold if you were considering that as well. It's all going to run you at least close to 2k or more though for a set up like you are asking about.. Feel free to call me if you want to look into any of these produts further. We also sell & install all of them.

By the way are you thinking of doing it for cosmetic reasons, performance resons, other or a combination?? Just curious.. Jamie / Lakeside

mphatc
01-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Check Ebay auction number:

Mario L.

justleft
01-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Also remember that anything hanging off of your manifolds
will most likely have to relocated. Like oil filter, electronics,
etc.

It all adds $'s.

problemchild
01-03-2007, 07:29 PM
:eek!: Thanks for the help, I think I'll look into used headers as I've already got to spend some money on my outdrive to get it rebuilt:frown:
Happy 07,
Problem Child