PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year Donzi'ers

Barry Eller
12-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Raining in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Sounds like a cow peeing on a flat rock!

Front is moving out and a "Pig Roast" is in Denise and my future this evening.

Everyone be safe and have a "Great New Year".

Here is our weather radar...

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=zoom&num=6&delay=15&scale=0.250&noclutter=0&ID=EVX&type=N0R&lat=30.38405991&lon=-87.00701904&label=Gulf%20Breeze,%20FL&showstorms=0&map.x=375&map.y=248&centerx=864&centery=164&lightning=0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0

Cuda
12-31-2006, 11:17 AM
76 degrees here today. We're waiting for some friends to ride bikes over from Kissimmee, then we might splash a boat so we can have an official "last run of the year".:wink:

I might drop another boat in tomorrow, and make an official "first run of the year". :)

gcarter
12-31-2006, 01:07 PM
If I were home in Florida, I'd be boating right now.

Barry Eller
12-31-2006, 01:28 PM
76 degrees here today. We're waiting for some friends to ride bikes over from Kissimmee, then we might splash a boat so we can have an official "last run of the year".:wink:
I might drop another boat in tomorrow, and make an official "first run of the year". :)

We may have "Foreboding" weather tomorrow. Yippy-Kai-Yay is ready to go!

I hope the front that just moved through here doesn't spoil your plans.

Cuda
12-31-2006, 01:52 PM
I guess we must have missed the call from our friends saying they weren't coming today, so now it's kind of late to splash, and I've gotten into watching the Buc's game. :(

Barry Eller
12-31-2006, 01:57 PM
We are watching the Saints. Leaving for the Pig roast in about 30 min.

Happy New Year!

Last Tango
12-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Stunning weather today here in Jacksonville. Temps near 80, sunny skies, and a light southern breeze. Nancy and I boated today to close out the '06 season.
Poetry to follow.
We were not alone in our enjoyment of the water.
With boating today, that is 7 years in a row I have logged more than 30 days on the water in Donzi's per calendar year.

Carl C
12-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Happy New Year to all! Our lakes are still open up here Florida people. We're enjoying an ill nino or whatever. Too bad my boat's down:( . Have a good one and stay out of the pokey tonight.:)

Last Tango
12-31-2006, 04:46 PM
For centuries, it has been standing nautical tradition for those on the Midwatch on December 31st to make their midnight log entry in verse. Naturally, the best entries are worked on for days and weeks in advance, and many a book has been published with the best of each years entries to logs. This is my entry for tonight, and for all of you to enjoy:

December 31, 2006
3rd Watch, 8 bells
Last entry
Lat 30N Long 81W

The ’06 boating season
Ended today
Temps were near 80
Clear skies, a great day

A breeze from the south
Kept the air fresh and warm
With nary a hint
Of a mid-winter storm

So we hitched up the trailer
Filled the cooler with beer
What better way
To end the old year

Out on the water
The wind left a ripple
No other sounds
But the whine of the Whipple

In my Donzi doo-rag
Aye Candy, her thong
We soaked up the sunshine
With the boat at full song

We chased down a Scarab
Then a Fountain, to boot
We were all having fun
And the day was a hoot

Then as the sunset
And moonrise drew near
We all rafted up
For some friendship and cheer

Back on the shoreline
The fireworks displays
Lit up the skyline
While soft music played.

With my watch beeping midnight
I gave Aye a kiss
And promised ‘07
Would be just like this

We pulled out our Donzi
And wiped off the spray
The new season’s starting
It’s now New Years Day.

DonziJon
12-31-2006, 05:11 PM
I remember a few New Years Eves aboard ship back in the 60s. One was Shore Patrol Duty in Toulon, France...on New Years Eve of course. Too much to relate here about that adventure.

Another time, docked in Norfolk, with "The Duty". Running up the "Oh One" weather deck to ring the big ships bell fastened to the foreward bulkhead of the superstructure with less than a minute to go before midnight. Ran head on into an officer coming out of officers quarters for a smoke. Picked ourselves up off the deck an continued on with our business.

Those were the days. :) John

Carl C
12-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Final log entry of 2006:

My boat is broken
So, so is my heart.
For our lakes are still open
But my boat is apart.

Patti
12-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

We're having a thunderstorm actually at the moment..go figure..a t-storm in New Years even in MICHIGAN lol..weather has been great but they're calling for a mix of rain and snow tommorow.

Jamie's family is coming for dinner/cake tommorow as a late b'day celebration for him..should be fun.

Have a great one!

Jamie, Patti & Rob

McGary911
12-31-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm down in Tampa for the eve. I may take a walk to the local hole in the wall bar (tiny tap) to ring in the new year. Happy New Year all my Donzi friends....Hope it holds a ton of great hours on the water for you.....

Barry Eller
12-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Last Tango, your poetry is exquisite... I'm impressed!
Denise and I have returned safely from a "Pig Roast" party that had a great band and too much food and grog. We behaved and ate more than we drank. The pig was a charcoal grilled feast that had been smoking since 9:00 last night. Dressed with a North Carolina Vinegar BBQ Sauce.

I'm full, home safe with my wife and having a glass of Johnnie Walker, going now to my recliner, Cocker Spaniel and Chihuahua. I probably will not be awake at midnight. But God willing and good weather I will bust off the 502 in the 22 and bring in the New Year tomorrow!

Magicallbill
01-01-2007, 03:54 AM
If I were home in Florida, I'd be boating right now.

G.Carter;

Time will be tight on the return trip for us.
If the schedule works, we'll let you know we're on the way North,and maybe stop by.
Otherwise, thanks for the invite awhile back, and we'll make it another day..

MB.