PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys watch the Water Channel?

Carl C
12-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Tonight they showed Reggie Fountain's two record speed runs of 171 and 177 mph. It's unbelievable to see a vee bottom go that first. :yippie:

Patti
12-28-2006, 07:52 PM
We actually just got Dish network today..we switched from Directv and we were watching the Water Channel earlier but didnt see that..Jamie went out to work on the tractor..i'm sure he'll catch it again.

Barry Eller
12-29-2006, 06:16 AM
Yes. Thursday night has my favorite programing. All high performance boats and racing. Reggie Fountain has accomplished a lot in his career, but my wife Denise thinks he is one UGLY man! :eek!:

BigGrizzly
12-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Barry your wife is right! He is ugly inside as well. People don't like doing business with him, he is always late paying his bills etc. I have many stories but won't go into them here, because I didn't see them first hand. There was a good article on that speed run in one of the mags I think Hot Boat, engine boat setup etc.

Carl C
12-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I haven't heard much good about Reggie either but you can't dispute his accomplishments. I think he should sell Fountain Powerboats and start a new boat company. Anyway that big v-bottom screaming by at 177 mph just due to brute horsepower was a sight to see.

apollo24
12-29-2006, 10:15 AM
My woman got volunteered to hand out trophies at the Thunder on the Gulf superboat awards ceremonya few years back. Of course, Reggie was running the show. We met him- seemed like a nice guy and was happy to shoot the sh*t, but I have met a lot of "nice" folks over the years who still owe me money! :bonk:

Like Don, he's a legend and a hero to many people. Unfortunately, the powerboat racing business attracts a plethora of shady characters whose means of living involves businesses that aren't always kosher.

Barry Eller
12-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Tonight they showed Reggie Fountain's two record speed runs of 171 and 177 mph. It's unbelievable to see a vee bottom go that first. :yippie:

Here is a link to the record run. The video takes a few to download. Turn up your volume. 177 mph is 100 MPH faster than most, not all, but most Donzis' go.

Thanks Sharkey Marine, you have a lot of good stuff!

Barry

http://www.silvercoastmarina.com/downloads/video/Kilo%20Segment%201mbs.wmv

Carl C
12-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Cool video. It takes about 2 minutes to load but is worth the wait. Denise, Reggie made that homely mug famous!:boat:

gold-n-rod
12-29-2006, 08:43 PM
I think he should sell Fountain Powerboats and start a new boat company.

I thought he did. All the Fountain ads say "Fountain Mercury" or "Mercury Fountain" (I forget the order). Either that or Mercury Marine has him by the short and curlies.

Carl C
12-29-2006, 09:01 PM
I thought he did. All the Fountain ads say "Fountain Mercury" or "Mercury Fountain" (I forget the order). Either that or Mercury Marine has him by the short and curlies.Good point, I think he did partially bail.

Last Tango
12-30-2006, 09:49 AM
In this neck of the woods, we use Comcast Cable. Dish Network is not popular. Those who had it, got rid of it. Is the Water Channel only available on Dish Network? It is not on the Comcast list, even for the ultra extended subscriptions.

Met Reggie just once. He is not my favorite personality but he is a business man. If it sells his product, he is interested. Otherwise, forget it.

TBroccoli
01-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't get the water network but COURTV is now showing a lot of Cop's type shows focused on the water. Last night I watched an hour of PARTY PATROL. The camera men rode along with the Miami boat police. They had over 100 patrol boats cruising some huge event. Stops were made for not enough life jackets, under age drinking, fast in a no wake zone, etc... Most probably won't agree with me but I thought the cops were very reasonable. They let most everyone go with a warning or small citation. The show was great.

Donziweasel
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Was that video the 177 mph run? Just hard to judge the speed. Where did he make the run? I would have thought Mercury's Lake X, but there were houses on the waterfront, so not there.

Met Reggie once. I like him, but he is a redneck who likes to go fast with money. His rep ain't too good.

florida gator
01-03-2007, 03:32 PM
I don't get the water network but COURTV is now showing a lot of Cop's type shows focused on the water. Last night I watched an hour of PARTY PATROL. The camera men rode along with the Miami boat police. They had over 100 patrol boats cruising some huge event. Stops were made for not enough life jackets, under age drinking, fast in a no wake zone, etc... Most probably won't agree with me but I thought the cops were very reasonable. They let most everyone go with a warning or small citation. The show was great.

Columbus Day Regatta off Elliot Key.

Carl C
01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Was that video the 177 mph run? Just hard to judge the speed. Where did he make the run? I would have thought Mercury's Lake X, but there were houses on the waterfront, so not there.
Met Reggie once. I like him, but he is a redneck who likes to go fast with money. His rep ain't too good.I doubt that Mercury built those engines. It looks a lot more impressive on the home theater.:)

apollo24
01-03-2007, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE= I like him, but he is a redneck who likes to go fast with money. [/QUOTE]

Like many Donzi owners!!! :wink:

Carl C
01-03-2007, 04:58 PM
I doubt that Mercury built those engines. It looks a lot more impressive on the home theater.:) OK I looked it up. Even though Fountain's alliance with Mercury was in effect and the record setting boat sported the Mercury logo it was powered by two 1,500 hp Sterlings built right here in Michigan. I'm not sure if they're referring to the 171 or 177 mph runs.

Donziweasel
01-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Agreed Apollo.:wink: :bonk: