PDA

View Full Version : 454 Mag engine identification

Jeff V
12-28-2006, 06:58 AM
I've seen reference to a website to identify engine numbers and outdrives but haven't found it yet. I'd like to verify what I have and its hp rating. The tags on the bell housing are as follows... OF774195. There's another tag that says 454 Mag/Bravo and has the number 4454110JS.
Thanks,
Jeff

Dr. Dan
12-28-2006, 05:19 PM
:wink: Is there a stamped Serial or Model Number on the Intake Manifold?

Doc of Do Little if Anything :bonk:

Tony
12-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Jeff, I asked a similar question in this thread. (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46429)

One of the more informative sites I was directed to was this one. (http://www.mortec.com/location.htm)

Good luck, and keep your eye out on the Events section for some Michigan gatherings next summer. Real close to you will be a mid-week affair with some Northern Ohio guys, Carl C., and (hopefully) Rootsy with his completely redone Red Mistress.

:beer:

Jeff V
12-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Doc and Tony,
Thanks, I'll examine the casting numbers closely and now know where to go other than where my wife has been telling me where to go which isn't much help!:wink: Tony, I think we met at the AOTH this spring? Where do you typically go boating?

Tony
12-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I remember, Jeff, that you live nearby the "other" university in Michigan!
We usually drop in along the west coast...Grand Haven, Muskegon, Holland, White Lake, etc. Also, we try to get up north at least once a summer...Torch, Crystal, Lake Charlevoix, Glenn, Lake Lelanau, Walloon, etc. We've got a small lake about 20 minutes away that we use for quick jaunts like sunsets or shakedowns, or whatever.

This summer I plan to put in at Leland and cruise along the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, and another summer soon I'd like to put in at Munising and cruise along the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore over to Grand Marais.

Pismo
12-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Looks like a 1996 Gen V 454 Magnum if that OF number is for the engine. Looks like they switched to Gen VI during the 96 model year starting with number OF802350. Or it is a 1996 Bravo I drive if that OF number is for the drive, 1996 started with OF730000.

Jeff V
12-30-2006, 09:50 PM
I remember, Jeff, that you live nearby the "other" university in Michigan!
We usually drop in along the west coast...Grand Haven, Muskegon, Holland, White Lake, etc. Also, we try to get up north at least once a summer...Torch, Crystal, Lake Charlevoix, Glenn, Lake Lelanau, Walloon, etc. We've got a small lake about 20 minutes away that we use for quick jaunts like sunsets or shakedowns, or whatever.
This summer I plan to put in at Leland and cruise along the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, and another summer soon I'd like to put in at Munising and cruise along the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore over to Grand Marais.
Tony,
You must have an affiliction or affinity towards the "Udder University" here in MI. Have never seen the pictured rocks..that wouild be an awesome trip. We'll probably go to Torch this summer also with some friends. We're thinking of a jaunt out to Put-in Bay this summer with an onernight. Hope to be at the AOTH this spring with the new (to me) 22.