PDA

View Full Version : SBC 383 / 450HP Engine Professionally Built.

James McCommons
12-27-2006, 04:13 PM
It runs an indicated 76 mph @ 5,600 rpm! 350 Chevy (2-pc rear seal) Block bored +.030 with a Eagle forged 4340 3.75" stroke crank. Crane solid roller cam and gold 1.6 roller rocker arms. Edelbrock Victor Jr. w/Holley Marine 715 cfm carb. MSD billet marine distributor w/slip ring and 8.5 mm wires and Cap-A-Dapt cap. @ 9.5:1 compression KB pistons and Eagle 6" I-Beam forged rods. World Sportsman II 72cc angle plug heads. Barnes internal 2-stage dry sump pump and pan. *You will need a remote dry sump oil tank. Completely balanced and blueprinted. Heads were completely gone through and new roller springs installed. This engine runs GREAT! Only selling because new 434 will be done next week. This engine is still in my 22' Classic and has closed cooling and Stainless Marine aluminum manifolds w/stainless 4" elbows. Theses are NOT included in the price, but are available as are the Q-IV 22 labbed prop and Alpha 1 outdrive and gimbel assy. I just bought CMI Headers. I am asking $3,900.00 for the basic engine without accessories (which you probably already have), but am negotiable. I have over $10,000 invested. If you hurry, I can take you out on the Intra-Coastal and you can see and hear it run. Within @ 10 days I will be pulling it to install the Bravo 1 gimbel assy. The engine has @ 30 hours on it of which over half were at idle. I have spent five years perfecting the 383 marine engine. You won't find another better. You can see photos under "engine photos" on the Registry. You can reach me at 386-789-1922 (H) or 407-721-2812 (C). It is also listed on Ebay with additional photos.SOLD

fegettes
02-21-2007, 05:07 AM
ConGrats James,
But Damned! I'm a day late & a dollar short!:bonk:
Sounds and looks like it was a winner, I just wish I noticed your post earlier.:yes:
I sure would have been curious as all hell to see what your engine would do in my 86' Carlson cvx-18 that currently runs 73 via GPS with a basically stock but tweaked 350/260 and a SS Alpha-1.
Walt

Walt, are you still interested in this engine. This engine may not fit my needs and I may sell it. Call me.

Steve Fegette
305-246-1300 X 6149

fegettes
02-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks Steve, I guess you're the new owner?
How certain are you that you "may sell it", because I have three issues now with this engine that I have concerns with that could hold me back unless you could shed some light to it?
1- I may be still a dollar short depending on price.
2- The shipping cost has increased because the engine is now three times further away from NY. "originally was in Fla, & now Texas.
3- The need for a dry sump oil system with a ext oil tank that my eng compartment doesn't have room for, and would require the cost of converting back to a conventional internal pump & pan set-up.
And last:
You also caught me right now during prep time for my daughter's 18th birthday, so my extra spending funds have taken a "$$" hit.
Steve, i'll have to give this some more thought, I see a month later has changed your priorities also.
Hope to possibly hear from you too,
Walt
walriengineering@aol.com

Walt, good news.

1. Home may be in Texas, but I work in Florida. The engine is here with me in the Miami area.

2. I too did not want the dry sump, and James changed it back to a high volume oil pump and conventional pan.

Does this sound any better to you?

Bernard
02-26-2007, 12:52 AM
I was just wondering if the engine had sold again. I live in the Miami area and was considering repowering a Classic 18.