PDA

View Full Version : Our new ride

LKSD
12-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Here are a few pics of our new ride.. It's a leftover 06 06zx.. Come on summer!! :) Jamie & Kristin / Lakeside

22zxla
12-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Nice Ride.! Winter Will Move Slower Now...anticipation!

BUIZILLA
12-26-2006, 09:03 PM
is that ice I see on the fore deck??

LKSD
12-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys.. :)

Buzilla, its actually water. Kristin started washing ot for me on saturday afternoon.. :) It was 55* out, if the docks were in I probably would have taken it out for a spin.. The cold weather is coming back though. We had some light snow on Christmas day & the temps are now in the low 40's high 30's today. Unfortunatley the usual cold (20-30*) will be back soon enough im sure..

I am planning to hit the water a bit more this year.. I already got the green light for engine upgrades over next winter (and some light ones now).. :) I really loved my classics but we just needed some more space & something we can take a cat nap on if we need to..

I am hoping to try to get to AOTH this year if I can as well as Jacksons usuall run and a few others if all works well..

Jamie

Dr. Dan
12-27-2006, 04:28 AM
:wink: Nice Color Combo... I am sure you will enjoy it alot.... that looks like it will make Kristin alot happier.... Look forward to seeing you guys on the water in 2007.:wavey:

Good Luck with it ... I am sure its alot more Bay friendly...as well.

Doc :spongebob

LKSD
12-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks everyone. I will be adding a red pinstriping to the trailer to bring out the red in the boat more. I was going to paint it totally red because it would look better the wife thought. However the color is kind of growing on me and with a few red stripes it should be fine. To be honest I really don't need or want to create the extra work for myself. jamie

MOP
12-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Very sweet, I was hoping it was ICE! As icing on the cake! Best of luck and lots of enjoyment!

Phil

The Hedgehog
12-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks guys.. :)
Buzilla, its actually water. Kristin started washing ot for me on saturday afternoon.. :) It was 55* out, if the docks were in I probably would have taken it out for a spin.. The cold weather is coming back though. We had some light snow on Christmas day & the temps are now in the low 40's high 30's today. Unfortunatley the usual cold (20-30*) will be back soon enough im sure..
I am planning to hit the water a bit more this year.. I already got the green light for engine upgrades over next winter (and some light ones now).. :) I really loved my classics but we just needed some more space & something we can take a cat nap on if we need to..
I am hoping to try to get to AOTH this year if I can as well as Jacksons usuall run and a few others if all works well..
Jamie

So Jamie, What is the plan on the upgrades?

BGH18
12-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Great looking boat!! enjoy it:boat:

LKSD
12-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Bill,
The current plans are some light exhaust work first. Then at the end of this coming summer (assuming all goes well) I already have the green light from the wifey to either go with one of Raylars big kits or some of their internal components and go forced induction. Eventhough I am a big procharger fan I am deliberating on a low boost whipple kit for this application. If it was an early 04 or older set up I would just go Procharger all the way.. As far as anything else we shall see.. :) Jamie /Lakeside

Dan, I was talking to Ed last night about hitting up the bay more this coming summer.. We all will have to get for some "bay time" this year.. :) J

LKSD
12-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks again for the compliments guys.. :) Jamie

Last Tango
12-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Very nice looking boat, Jamie. And I like the drive train combination. Hard for me to visualize this as a "Leftover". But it might very well be the LAST 26ZX. As I own the LAST 22ZX, and neither are produced anymore, I think we got the best-of-the-best for the size and money.

SurfGreenTele
12-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Hot boat...:cool:

LKSD
12-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Very nice looking boat, Jamie. And I like the drive train combination. Hard for me to visualize this as a "Leftover". But it might very well be the LAST 26ZX. As I own the LAST 22ZX, and neither are produced anymore, I think we got the best-of-the-best for the size and money.

I am wondering that as well.. I just havent had enough time to look into it.. :)

LKSD
12-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Hot boat...:cool:

Thanks. :)

Dr. Dan
12-27-2006, 05:55 PM
:eek!:" Dan, I was talking to Ed last night about hitting up the bay more this coming summer.. We all will have to get for some "bay time" this year.. J "

That would be cool...I am only one hour away from the Bay(NorthEast,Md) so I am always game...just make sure you fill it up before you splash... Ed can fill ya in on those details.. to our MidWeek Romp one Thursday afternoon... I think I got home about 1:00am that time...with a few less lines and a 5 Gallon Gas Can.

We have found some awesome raft up places...and then some ...Rock the Bay was great for discovering a few new places to hang.

Happy New Year..

Doc:smash:

LKSD
12-27-2006, 06:27 PM
:eek!:" Dan, I was talking to Ed last night about hitting up the bay more this coming summer.. We all will have to get for some "bay time" this year.. J "
That would be cool...I am only one hour away from the Bay(NorthEast,Md) so I am always game...just make sure you fill it up before you splash... Ed can fill ya in on those details.. to our MidWeek Romp one Thursday afternoon... I think I got home about 1:00am that time...with a few less lines and a 5 Gallon Gas Can.
We have found some awesome raft up places...and then some ...Rock the Bay was great for discovering a few new places to hang.
Happy New Year..

Ed told me about that!! It sounded like an interesting night.. :D :D We are game for some boating & checking out the new raft up sites down there.. :) Keep in touch.. :) Jamie

undertaker
12-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Happy New Year..

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :propeller :propeller