PDA

View Full Version : donzi oars

22zxla
12-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Was talking on the corvette forum (my new toy) and a guy said he had some donzi oars left from when he sold his donzi. I remember people talking bout them on here and told the guy i would find out about them.You know like what the worth , last year made etc etc Thanks !

MOP
12-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Have not seen oars but there were paddles with Donzi painted on them, do search there are some photos posted.

Phil

22zxla
12-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Alright any one know bout donzi paddles?

goatee
12-25-2006, 01:21 AM
they have been up here before.

Carl C
12-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Here is a pic of one type: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=366452&postcount=6 There is another type with cheesy looking stenciled lettering, green I think. They might be easy to fake. I think they go for around $300.

olredalert
12-25-2006, 09:59 AM
------Over the number of years I have been a DONZI nutcase the only paddle I have ever seen was the cheesy stencil type. Dont know when the DONZI Racing Team paddle pictured by Carl would have been included with the basic Coast Guard package that DONZI put with every new boat. Not saying it didnt, just saying I have never seen one except the one in the pic........Bill S

22zxla
12-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey guys thanks for the responses! I guess the guy really has one he said he kept it when he sold his donzi. I know he said it had donzi racing on it. Im going to talk to him again and see what he s got.

gold-n-rod
12-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Those Donzi oars were OEM on my 1962 Donzi rowboat. Honest, I swear. Some guy named Cupcake, who used to work at the Donzi factory, told me so. It was even featured on the cover of Hot Row Boats. This was such a rare boat that Old Don himself kept it a secret for life. I tried to sell it on eBay, but so many Donzi freaks sent me nasty email, that I pulled it.

I remain, keeper of rare Donzis.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

bertsboat
07-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I saw on ebay not too long ago a paddle that said DONZI RACING PADDLE on it. Anybody seen one??

bertsboat
07-28-2010, 10:53 AM
------Over the number of years I have been a DONZI nutcase the only paddle I have ever seen was the cheesy stencil type. Dont know when the DONZI Racing Team paddle pictured by Carl would have been included with the basic Coast Guard package that DONZI put with every new boat. Not saying it didnt, just saying I have never seen one except the one in the pic........Bill S
Anyone have a picture of the cheesy one??

GBond
07-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Here is a pic of one type: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=366452&postcount=6 There is another type with cheesy looking stenciled lettering, green I think. They might be easy to fake. I think they go for around $300.

I have the paddle that came with our 81' 18 just as the attached link shows. Will let it go for $299 if anyone is interested? :wink:

gcarter
07-28-2010, 01:35 PM
The cheezy one's look like a $25.00 canoe paddle w/ a very cheezy paint stencil of "Donzi" on it.

Carl C
07-28-2010, 09:32 PM
The cheezy one's look like a $25.00 canoe paddle w/ a very cheezy paint stencil of "Donzi" on it.

Yup yup

mattyboy
07-29-2010, 08:02 AM

and in the cheezyness lies all it's value, It is not the artistry, or craftsmanship!! The value lies in the fact that it was part of the original "STANDARD" equipment package from the factory, printed in almost all the brochures from the Chisholm era......
"life jackets,dock lines,paddle,Donzi racing team bag"

also the value is increased as most are not present with the boats today so they are very uncommon.

gcarter
07-29-2010, 09:00 AM
and in the cheezyness lies all it's value, It is not the artistry, or craftsmanship!! The value lies in the fact that it was part of the original "STANDARD" equipment package from the factory, printed in almost all the brochures from the Chisholm era......
"life jackets,dock lines,paddle,Donzi racing team bag"

also the value is increased as most are not present with the boats today so they are very uncommon.

I suppopse a complete package would be a cool item and valuable to the right person. Just a paddle, I don't know......it would be easy to duplicate.

I once saw a complete Vincent tool kit being bid up to over $2000.00 on eBay.

mattyboy
07-29-2010, 09:42 AM
George,

I am not sure what the stand alone value would be for just the paddle or the other items. But added to a clean original boat they add alot of value.

GBond
07-30-2010, 07:29 AM
I have the paddle that came with our 81' 18 just as the attached link shows. Will let it go for $299 if anyone is interested? :wink:

Will throw the "Donzi racing team bag" in too. :yes: