PDA

View Full Version : I let my Wife drive the Donzi!

Barry Eller
12-18-2006, 07:19 AM
Denise and I ran the Donzi yesterday. She wanted to drive, sooooo...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1139670988932290459
We had breakfast at the Elks Lodge and lunch at Peg Leg Pete's. The Oyster Rockefeller at Peg Legs is the greatest!

Cuda
12-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Make you proud doesn't it? :)

It also makes them enjoy it more. I don't mind playing rope monkey for Debbie. She was so proud when Big Grizzly asked her how many years she had been driving performance boats at the Hometown Rally. It made her even more proud when I told her Big Grizz isn't the kind of guy to blow sunshine up anybody's azz.:wink:

Here's a shot the first time I let Debbie drive my 302 Formula in a poker run.:cool:

MOP
12-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Watch it guys! Next thing you know the ladies will be lobbying for shopping centers on the canal:shocking:

P.S. Mine enjoys a turn at the wheel a bit more sedate though!!!

apollo24
12-18-2006, 12:55 PM
That's really cool, Barry!!! My woman loves to drive the Donzi, too. She takes it out by herself now with no problems. She kidded the other night after I caught her teaching herself to drive my old landcruiser (stick-shift) that if we ever split up, she'd be keeping both. Good enough reason to behave myself! You had better, too. Great girl and boat you've got.

cheers, Ben

Cuda
12-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Watch it guys! Next thing you know the ladies will be lobbying for shopping centers on the canal:shocking:
!!!
I'd only have to worry about it if they built a Home Depot, Tractor Supply, or a feed store on the water. Debbie isn't much of a mall type person. As for me, I think the last time I was in a mall was when I dropped my cellphone in the bottom of Tampa Bay about six years ago. I had to stop at the mall on the way home to get a new phone.

Barry Eller
12-18-2006, 01:15 PM
P.S. Mine enjoys a turn at the wheel a bit more sedate though!!!

We docked at the Portofino Boardwalk for a bathroom break and Denise did hit a few shops!!! Under the guise of Christmas Shopping!!!

She drove mostly around 45 MPH, but she did nudge it up to 60 MPH one time. After that, she said she didn't like driving that fast.

p729lws
12-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Denise and I ran the Donzi yesterday. She wanted to drive, sooooo...

That's all we need...Blondes driving high performance boats. :jestera: The bay will never be safe again. Did the stop at portofino cost you more that breakfest, lunch and gas?

I guess you better hope my wife doesn't get my keys after that dig you made about The University...

Forrest
12-18-2006, 02:31 PM
. . . Big Grizz isn't the kind of guy to blow sunshine up anybody's azz.:wink:

I second that!

SurfGreenTele
12-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Rock on! :cool:

Barry Eller
12-18-2006, 04:50 PM
That's all we need...Blondes driving high performance boats. :jestera: The bay will never be safe again. Did the stop at portofino cost you more that breakfest, lunch and gas?
I guess you better hope my wife doesn't get my keys after that dig you made about The University...

Has Laura forgiven me for the University of Alabama joke?

The previous owner of our Donzi was a surgically altered,(as in huge!) bottle blonde business woman. She named the boat "BLONDE AMBITION". Denise is a natural blonde and the first thing she said was we have to change the name!

Dan, if you and Laura can get up early the Sunday morning before New Years, let me pick you up and take you to the new Elks Lodge for breakfast. We will go by boat if the weather is good. Otherwise we can go in the truck or Mustang. You only have two seat-er cars! A great way to keep from driving when other people are around!!!

Cuda, you will notice the Bimini Top is not on in the winter!!! Denise won't ride in the summer without it!! I'm glad to see you and Debbie wear PFD's as we do!!!

jl1962
12-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Never mind wives - my MOM used to drive our old Donzi on Lake George in the late '60's. :eek!: She had never before (or since) demonstrated any aptitude or ability in piloting any vehicle whatsoever. But she got the job done back in the day - although I do remember all the sailing instructors running to fend off when it was time to pick me up!

As for my own wife - I have only recently gotten her to sit in the boat. With the motor off. Out of the water. On the trailer. Some things take time. Fortunately our kids LOVE the boat - maybe it skips a generation!

JL

MOP
12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Forget all the banta, I don't know Barry's Misses but Debbie has proven a ton of times she is an above average "KEEPER"! I think all the great Donzi Ladies deserve a HAND!

Barry Eller
12-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Forget all the banta, I don't know Barry's Misses but Debbie has proven a ton of times she is an above average "KEEPER"! I think all the great Donzi Ladies deserve a HAND!

Hear, Hear!! You can tell by the grin on Denise's' face that she is having a good time! I have no problem getting her to go out in the boat. Only thing is she has to have that damn Bimini top in the summer! (The shade does feel good, I must admit)

apollo24
12-19-2006, 08:49 AM

I think all the great Donzi ladies deserve a section!!!!