PDA

View Full Version : V-6 Build up

The Hedgehog
12-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Engine is coming out this week. The heads will be joining Last Real Texan over in Macon for some re-working.

I am sure that I will be communicating with Buiz, Big Grizz and others. Thanks for the advice so far guys. It will be a fun and learning experience.

Got a few things happening to the 27Zx as well. I like winter projects.

Last Real Texan
12-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Good deal......Spoke with the race engine builder the other day about getting the heads to him...he is procuring the inconel valves and the head porter has been notified he has an intersting project coming in to him...He will give before and after flow results on his bench.....Should be good..................I wish I had the ZX out today but it was a wifey do day.....sometimes you have to pay the price.

Bryan

BigGrizzly
12-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Pay the price today and have the freedom tomorrow. I know Chrismas decorations and shopping puts a big dent in boat funning (not just running). I know "just hang this one more light and we are finished"(yea right)!! Truth I wouldn't trade her for the world, its just too hard to train another wife to drive the boat to the launch ramp and like it!

The Hedgehog
12-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Pay the price today and have the freedom tomorrow. I know Chrismas decorations and shopping puts a big dent in boat funning (not just running). I know "just hang this one more light and we are finished"(yea right)!! Truth I wouldn't trade her for the world, its just too hard to train another wife to drive the boat to the launch ramp and like it!

I know what you mean. Mine won't tow the ZX to a ramp but she will pull it out of the water. She got aquainted with the whole Donzi thing when we started dating years ago. When it became time to move up she was constantly showing me Donzi Pics and adds. When we bought the ZX she actually called the add and handed me her cell phone. I did not know how she would react to me dropping a bunch of money on a blower right after we just moved and bought a bigger house. When she heard it spool up and accelerate nicely at the former max speed she loved it. Makes carrying Christmas boxes etc. not as big of a deal.

Thanks for your help so far Grizz. I will call Barry Grant this week. Got overloaded last week.

The Hedgehog
01-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Heads are off and all else is in good shape.

Any ideas on a ignition upgrades? Got to lose the points?

Time to get some goodies. Will be ordering the manifold, carb and some other goodies next week.

BigGrizzly
01-05-2007, 06:11 PM
I only go two ways, Mallory or MSD. Take your pick. there is lots of stuff on the market but I use what is most trouble free. There isn't an ignition system on the market that hasn't had a horror story about it, so spare me the the stories. Both these companies are proud of their product and should they be.

The Hedgehog
01-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks Randy. The MSD sounds good to me.

HallJ
01-08-2007, 12:02 PM
I've got a used MSD V-6 dist if you're interested.

Jeff

LKSD
01-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Bill, you busy beaver! Not one boat at a time but doin stuff to 2 at a time! Want a job??? lol :) Jamie

The Hedgehog
01-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Bill, you busy beaver! Not one boat at a time but doin stuff to 2 at a time! Want a job??? lol :) Jamie

Maybe even three! We shall see

If you cant boat that much in the winter, you need to find some way to play with them.

LKSD
01-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Maybe even three! We shall see
If you cant boat that much in the winter, you need to find some way to play with them.

:D :D:boat: