PDA

View Full Version : No fun law makers at it again

Cuda
12-17-2006, 07:18 PM
We went to where we usually ride the ATV's, and they have it fenced off now, saying foot traffic only.
That spot is only a mile and a half from the house, it's on some power lines. I knew where another road crossed the same power lines, so we drove there to see if it was fenced off. It wasn't, but just as we pulled up, we saw some other guys that we'd seen out there before. They said the Forestry guys were out there handing out warnings. As we were talking to them, the forestry guys came driving out. I flagged them over and asked them what the deal was. I was bitter. I told them I know they didn't make the laws, but I wanted to know what they thought they were accomplishing. They started talking about trash left behind, and wetlands being damaged. I pointed out that none of those wetlands on that power line are not natural ponds, they were dug out for the powerlines. Also, I pointed out, that it's not the atv's leaving boats, refrigerators, old truck, piles of old tires and crap like that out there, but the bad thing is, the Bubba Trucks are still allowed out there, if they are licensed. I asked where we were allowed to ride now, and he gave me a map showing certain trails we are allowed to rid on now. There is one loop that's 16.4 miles long in our area that rideable now. There are other spots in the ONF that are marked for riding also. Now there are 112 miles of trails to ride on now, and it was litterally at least a thousand miles of trails to ride before. :mad:
We went to the closest place, which is now 14.5 miles away, and rode that loop. Someone had knocked down one of the signs for the trail, so we ended up going a few miles on a trail that we shouldn't have been on, before we came across a paved road that I knew was too far, so we backtracked, and I found that sign that was knocked down. It was a pretty good ride, but it will get like mowing the lawn if we keep riding the same trails.
I don't think it was atv riders who left this truck cab in the forest,or this pile of junk glass, or spun out this mud hole in the road.:mad: :mad: :mad: