PDA

View Full Version : 20' Cigarette history?

LKSD
12-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Does anyone here have any history on an early 1970's (I think its a 1974) 20' cig named "Hellcat" ?? As far as I was aware Hellcat was a 35 or 36'racing cat that had gone to Europe & was later converted to pleasure useage..

My client was told the boat may have been owned & run by Don Aronow or a friend of his. The woman he got the boat from claims she had some info & arcticles on the boat, but they can't find them as of yet anyway. (they are looking).. I have been thru most of my personal library at home & cant currently find anything on this boat. It is also still shrink wrapped so I cant run any #'s from it yet to try to further help. The boat is white & maroon and was last used or registerd in MD.

I am trying to compile an accurate history about the boat for him for when the project is completed. He dropped it off @ our shop on saturday and I am home yet recovering from a surgery. So I have yet to get it in & unwrapped.

No matter what the actual history, From what I can tell & what I discussed with him it has the makings for a show stopping boat when done. The boats hull is in good shape for a resto (the trailer not so much:D)The current plan is a complete hull & interior restoration with a custom 500+hp efi engine & custom drive (probably a Konrad) along with a custom trailer to further bling it out.

I know alot about the boats I work on & restore but it is impossible to know everything about all of them. I dont & wont publicize or push any inacurate info I recieve if it cant be substantiated.. It helps no one in the long run..

Thanks in advance. If anyone has any helpfull info or leads feel free to post away.. Thanks & Happy holidays.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
12-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Here are a few snap shots from yesterday in case it may help. :) J