PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Diamond Plate

margo
12-16-2006, 02:43 PM
wHAT I,M LOOKING FOR IS THE DIAMOND PLATE IN PLASTIC ...IT WAS HALF WAY UP THE WALL IN AN ENTRANCE WAY GOING INTO A GROCERY MARKET....PROBABLY TO KEEP THE WALL FROM GETTING BANGED UP BY THE BY THE CARTS...LOOKED GREAT...HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN THIS ITEM FOR SALE ANYWERE ?...WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE SOME FOR THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT...THANKS AND HAPPY HOLLIDAYS...JOE

Sofa King
12-16-2006, 02:46 PM
and it's lighter than steel....BRILLIANT!

Mr X
12-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes, I make it in white fiberglass. $300.00 a 4' X 8' sheet plus shipping.

Super light and easy to work with.

LKSD
12-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Yes, I make it in white fiberglass. $300.00 a 4' X 8' sheet plus shipping.
Super light and easy to work with.

X, Do you offer it in any different colors? I get requests from time to time for the stuff. Latley we have usually just been cutting thin aluminum DP & powedercoating it.. If you could PM me with your contact info, I will keep you in mind next time I need some of the DP in glass.. Thanks :)Jamie / Lakeside

BigGrizzly
12-17-2006, 09:19 AM
One thing i can say is Ted uses it alot and his boats always look great, almost as good looking as his wife. Air 22 also used it and his boat also looks great(but what do you expect from a pilot). I'm thinking of doing it too, but the interior comes first. My priorities are a little different. With me, the engine first the interior next then exterior and then the engine compartment last. If it doesn't run right than no use even driving it. My wife says if its too hard to drive and put it on the trailer don't even put it in the water!! If the Queen of the castle isn't happy then no one is happy!!!!!

LKSD
12-17-2006, 09:21 AM
If the Queen of the castle isn't happy then no one is happy!!!!!

Isn't that the truth! :D My wife says the same thing! :D J

Mr X
12-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks Randy..... :)

JW, I have made it in red, but the problem is that it contaminates the mold so the next time I lay up white, it has little red specs in it.
I am sticking with white only, for now.

LKSD
12-17-2006, 04:12 PM
JW, I have made it in red, but the problem is that it contaminates the mold so the next time I lay up white, it has little red specs in it.
I am sticking with white only, for now.

No problem.. that is fine.. I should be able go gelcoat the top side any color I would need it anyway.. If you could email or Pm meyour contact info I will keep you in mind for next time I need some.. ;) thanks Jamie / Lakeside