PDA

View Full Version : 2007 SEADOGs calendar of events

Last Tango
12-15-2006, 10:39 AM
A semi-official listing of the major events that the SouthEast Area Donzi Owners Group (SEADOGs) generally attend each year. You will see there is plenty of room in the schedule for more events, but generally these are the biggies. ALL EVENT DATES MAY BE ADJUSTED SLIGHTLY LATER TO CONFORM WITH THE 2007 SCHEDULE and CALENDAR CHANGES.
January 1st - Each year the SEADOGS take this special day to prove that the boating year begins on DAY ONE of the calandar by boating in their home waters and then pissing off the folks up north with pictures.
February 15-19: Madpoodle kicks the events calendar year off every February by hosting the SEADOGS at the Miami Boat Show
March 24:TidBart leads the gang each March to the Mt. Dora Wooden Boat Show. LUNCH STOP SATURDAY - THE CRAZY GATOR
April 20-22 SEADOGs CROSS FLORIDA... TWICE!. April 20 (Friday) arrival at an East Coast hotel, Saturday go west and stay at the Southseas Hotel, Sunday back to Stuart and head home afterwards. Budmann has the point on this event.
May 17-20: Bolts from the MidWest Donzi's hosts one of the largest Donzi gatherings each year at AOTH in Cumberland, KY.
June 15-16: Last Tango hosts the SEADOGs along with all other DONZI owners at the Angel Aid Poker Run in Jacksonville.
June/July/August - SEADOGs do their Northern Tour swing to catch events with their Northern bretheren,
Labor Day Weekend, August 31- September 3: Forrest hosts at Lake Eufaula. The oldest and proudest Donzi Gathering in the South East. Eufaula IX will be held from Friday, August 31 through Monday September 3, 2007, with almost everyone arriving in the afternoon or evening of Friday, and leaving Monday. Lakepoint State Park and Resort. http://www.alapark.com/parks/park.cfm?parkid=18
September 28 - 30:Mike Miller hosts the one and only best Donzi event of the year in Sarasota at the Donzi Hometown Gathering, which is supported in many ways by the Donzi Factory.
December 1: 2007 Toys for Tots Run. We will be doing this event at Crystal Cove Marina and Resort www.themooringsatcrystalcove.com in Palatka and will run the 2007 Toys for Tots Run with a jillyun other cool high performance boaters to a very popular restaurant on the water. Since it is a T4T event, please bring a brand new unwrapped children's gift worth at least $15 or more. More is better. If you just can't think of anything, stop by a Hess gas station... 9:00 AM show, 10:00AM go from Palatka.

Budmann
12-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Hey Mark, I know this horse has been beat to death, but I think a trip across the State would make for a fun ride. We could start on either Coast.

I would love to have the group start out at South Seas Plantation!!!!

The 2 bedroom waterfront condos are around 100+ per couple (not including "The Bubbleroom" of course). The locks are really cool to folks who have never down a cross Florida Run.

Just a thought..

Bud

gcarter
12-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm all for the "Cross Florida" thing. I did it once in a FBSF at 25 MPH, and it was a easy one day event. Most of it is free of no wake zones.
Of course the Grandaddy of all Florida locks is 10 miles from me.....24'!
Going down you feel like you're going down a toilet.

Budmann
12-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Yea Gee, that's what I'm talking about!!!:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

We have been doing it since Fish and I were around 5 years old!! Never gets boring!!!

We could go over one day, spend the night, and then get up in the morning and head back and stop somewhere for lunch.

Bud

Last Tango
12-17-2006, 06:22 PM
I am always up for this event! I want very much to do this. Important to plan it when I can go, of course. LOL!
Bud, if you would take the lead on this and suggest a date and places to stay for the out-of-towners, we can figure something out and make this happen.
From a purely selfish point of view, I would prefer we start on the East Coast. I-95 would shorten my travel time on Friday night and Sunday night. However, I can easily see you folks over on the Left Coast wanting to do the same from the Gulf (I-75) side.
We can use the date in early April that is currently scheduled for Porkey's if you like.
I also want to add a summer date to go back to Lake Harris. That event was absolutely excellent!

Budmann
12-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Yea Mark, Early April sounds great!!! Want to make sure we are before or after Hurricane season.
I will post a seperate thread on this as well as the other site.

Bud

BUIZILLA
12-18-2006, 02:34 PM
you all may like my idea here.... I can handle some things from the east side of the tracks... :yes:

www.piratescoveresort.net

Check it out... my bro and I used to keep our Intrepid in the barn here, and I have overnighted and eaten here a TON of times. Awesome place. We are VERY tight with the management here :wink: the rooms, docks, fuel, water access, and everything else is just perfect for this run, you leave the dock and go north a couple miles under the Roosevelt bridge, then south into the waterway to the first lock, then it's straight to Indiantown, then Okee Lake, and from there you scoot across the lake, or take the rim canal. I have never done this cruise, so I don't know if the rim is better than open water.... you get to Moore Haven and then it's about 2 hours or so thru Labelle, towards Ft. Myers. I have zero clue about boating in that theatre of water... so someone else has to be responsible for that. I like the east to west > then back east > idea best... I am pretty sure the S&F guys would join in as well, if prompted, they just did a Moore Haven/Ft Myers and back run a couple weekends ago... hell I may have to bring 2 or 3 of my Donzi's for this trip...

just thinking out loud here..

J

Cuda
12-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Here's a link to a Scream & Fly thread that basically did half a run. They ran from Clewiston to Ft Myers. Seems like they had some problems with low water or something, not to mention it sounded like damn near everyone blew up there boats. :(

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119593

Budmann
12-18-2006, 04:32 PM
O.K... I will see your Eastcoast thang and raise you...:yes: :yes: :yes:

http://www.southseas.com/?src=yahoo_

We could spend the night here and get up in the morning and head over. It is all Intercoastal from Southseas thru Ft. myers etc.

Quite frankly, since none of my Westcoast homies have chimmed in, then the Eastcoast Homies win!!!

Bud

gcarter
12-18-2006, 05:07 PM
You can wait to make the decision about the rim canal or the lake till ya get there. When I went the weather was completely calm so the lake was no problem. If I remember correctly, we were glad the lake was calm because the canal silts up in places. If the lake is anything like the Harris chain, then the water is down nearly three feet, so if that's the case there also, then we'll need to go through the lake.
Hopefully we'll get some more rain!!!

gcarter
12-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Another thing about planning this trip is to time the locks correctly. It's been a number of years since I went but it seems some (but not all) of the locks open only a few times a day. It's pretty easy to do and if ya cruise at a pretty good clip, you can schedule some lunch along the way instead of waiting along side the entrance.

Budmann
12-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Yea G, we have done this for allot of years and with the exception of an occasional train bridge closing, it has not been an issue.

Bud

onesubdrvr
12-18-2006, 08:25 PM
you all may like my idea here.... I can handle some things from the east side of the tracks... :yes:
www.piratescoveresort.net
Check it out... my bro and I used to keep our Intrepid in the barn here, and I have overnighted and eaten here a TON of times. Awesome place. We are VERY tight with the management here :wink: the rooms, docks, fuel, water access, and everything else is just perfect for this run, you leave the dock and go north a couple miles under the Roosevelt bridge, then south into the waterway to the first lock, then it's straight to Indiantown, then Okee Lake, and from there you scoot across the lake, or take the rim canal. I have never done this cruise, so I don't know if the rim is better than open water.... you get to Moore Haven and then it's about 2 hours or so thru Labelle, towards Ft. Myers. I have zero clue about boating in that theatre of water... so someone else has to be responsible for that. I like the east to west > then back east > idea best... I am pretty sure the S&F guys would join in as well, if prompted, they just did a Moore Haven/Ft Myers and back run a couple weekends ago... hell I may have to bring 2 or 3 of my Donzi's for this trip...
just thinking out loud here..
J
Jim,

That's a nice run,....we made it to about within 5 miles of Indiantown last time,....but the locks took for ever on our way there, and had to turn around. We ran from Fort Pierce though, much longer run (by about 20 miles), not to mention, Catch 22 and Baby Donzi were being slowed down by me in my Ragazza :wink:

Wayne

florida gator
12-18-2006, 08:43 PM
O.K... I will see your Eastcoast thang and raise you...:yes: :yes: :yes:
http://www.southseas.com/?src=yahoo_
We could spend the night here and get up in the morning and head over. It is all Intercoastal from Southseas thru Ft. myers etc.
Quite frankly, since none of my Westcoast homies have chimmed in, then the Eastcoast Homies win!!!
Bud

Well if we're taking a vote, and if I am able to attend, I would vote west. How many days would we be talking about?

florida gator
12-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Speaking of west coast, I'm surprised noone has suggested Pinnellas County. They have so many great places to stay, eat, party, etc. Anywhere from Ft Desoto to Anclote Key is awesome. Fortunately I live close enough that I am somewhere in that area at least 3 times a month when the Gators aren't playing.

Last Tango
12-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Onesubdriver,
If you ride with ME for the weekend, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to keep up with the rest of the folks. :wink:

Budmann,
I'm good with which ever way we go. EAST to WEST, or WEST to EAST. Your call!

FLG8R,
We can still do Crystal River another time if we want. It deserves it's own special weekend. No limits on where we can go.

It is an 8 hour tow for me each way to the suggested starting/ending point. I'll need to extract equal blood from all of you when the Angel Aid Run comes in early June.

BUIZILLA
12-19-2006, 06:38 AM
It is an 8 hour tow for me each way to the suggested starting/ending point. I thought you had a HEMI in that thing... not a camel...

JH

Budmann
12-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Well I don't care where we leave from. I just think it would be a nice easy run for everyone. The water is pretty calm even in the Lake.

I am just looking for something different and new that little and big boats can do together.

even though my baby has a new motor, I still don't like "ruff" water. I find it sooooo hard to keep the ice in my drink!!:yes: :wink: :) :shades:

Last Tango
12-19-2006, 09:49 AM
The problem is not with the HEMI. It is the number of Outlet Malls I'm often forced to stop at in between.

The FIRST Sunday in April is the 1st. Palm Sunday. The SECOND Sunday in April is the 8th. I think an April Fools Day Run would be perfect. However, I have Friday, April 6th off from work (Good Friday) which would improve my travelling opportunities. For those who will actually be GOING to services on Easter Sunday, I'm certain they will have sunrise services at a church near where we will be spending Saturday night, regardless of whether we start East or West. Bring your Easter Sunday clothes for the overnight.

If we look hard enough we will find plenty of things that conflict on any given weekend. Particularly in April.
I suggest that Budmann pick the weekend and the start side and "Git 'er done." Those who can make it, will. Those who can't, shan't.

Budmann
12-19-2006, 11:13 AM
O.K... what if we started on the East Coast Friday night, Saterday morning and spent Sat. night on the West Coast!! Got up Suday and ran back. Us West Coast folks will just have to drive back Sunday night.

As far as what weekend to do it... What if we did the third weekend in April. I can't do Easter Sunday cause the Easter Bunny comes to my house and my daughter would never forgive me!

If this sounds like a plan then could someone on the East Coast pick a hotel inStuart and I will call Southseas and see if I can get us a break on rooms.

It would be a "big" help for both sides of the State to get a tenitive head count.

Bud

Budmann
12-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Here a some pics of the 'Best" Damn resturant in the State!!!

florida gator
12-19-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm not even talking Crystal River. Although I would be happy to show anyone around that does come to visit, I think we have too many idle zones. But, Just a little south of here around Budmann, Jamesbon, etc they have some great places top run and play.

Either way, I think the cross state trip sounds fun. I hope to have found my new boat by then.

Last Tango
12-20-2006, 12:03 PM
OKAY, I make that April 20 (Friday) arrival at an East Coast hotel, Saturday go west and stay at the Southseas Hotel, Sunday back to Stuart and head home afterwards.
I'll be there with Donzi Quixote.

ONESUB, are you my room mate and Nav for this?

Budmann
12-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Engraved on my calender!!!

Jodi and I will be there with bells on!!! As you can see by the pics, she wouldn't miss this for the world!!!!!

smokediver
12-20-2006, 01:59 PM
I have been wanting to do this for a long time ..Count me in !!! Hopefully by april i will have faith in my outdrive , if not , I might need a ride !!!!

onesubdrvr
12-20-2006, 02:38 PM
OKAY, I make that April 20 (Friday) arrival at an East Coast hotel, Saturday go west and stay at the Southseas Hotel, Sunday back to Stuart and head home afterwards.
I'll be there with Donzi Quixote.
ONESUB, are you my room mate and Nav for this?
Should be!!!

Sounds like a great run, and most likely will be, but 4 months is an eternity in my world, so, as we get a little closer, I'll firm it up!!

Thanks!

Wayne

Also, everyone, since Stuart is so close to my house (about 15 miles), if everything timing wise permits, I'll have a Friday night cook-out here, pool side, so you'll need bathing suits.

Looking forward to this one, hope it all work out for me!!

Last Tango
12-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Why do we need bathing suits? It's YOUR pool, isn't it?

Cuda
12-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Why do we need bathing suits? It's YOUR pool, isn't it?
Mark, I think most of us can stand naked in front of a full length mirror, and figure out why we need bathing suits. :( :(

Budmann
12-20-2006, 04:36 PM
O.K... that's more visual than I need!!!!:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :cool:

Cuda
12-20-2006, 06:39 PM
O.K... that's more visual than I need!!!!:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :cool:
Exactly my point.:eek!: :( :boggled:

Budmann
12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey Joe, Is this mean you and Deb will be joining us??

Also, Jodi and I didn't schedule anything tomorrow so we could "Launch" the Princess in Lake Tarpon.

Fish is going to put his pocket rocket in also so I should be posting actual running pics (I HOPE) tomorrow.:crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing

:crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing

Cuda
12-20-2006, 07:21 PM
It will depend on how business is. Right now it absolutely sucks. I've never been this slow since I started this business. I have a a feeling after the first of the year, things will start busting out again.

I hope Fish doesn't get a picture of you tomorrow on the wrong end of the tow line. If he does, he'll probably have it blown up, and framed.:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Budmann
12-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Yea, benn kinda slow in the advertising world as well. New year brings new hope!!

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Cuda
12-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Also, Jodi and I didn't schedule anything tomorrow so we could "Launch" the Princess in Lake Tarpon.
Fish is going to put his pocket rocket in also so I should be posting actual running pics (I HOPE) tomorrow.:
Well, what's the report on the new power? Need a new prop?:wink: :cool: :)

Budmann
12-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Yup... NEED A NEW PROP!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn is all I can say...

Budmann
12-22-2006, 12:33 PM
You have mail... also is this something you would be willing to part with in the event I likey,likey???:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Budmann
12-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks pal... So,I spokewith Jim and he's in as well for the Florida crossing in April. Can we count on the Supreme Poodle to join us????
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Budmann
12-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Just a heads up... this date in not engraved in stone!!!! This was started to see how many people actually wanted to do this run.

I do suggest however, we plan it before Hurricane Season.:bonk: :bonk:

Last Tango
12-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Well, if you need to change the date, let us know soon. I'm all in for this event on that weekend.

onesubdrvr
01-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Well, if you need to change the date, let us know soon. I'm all in for this event on that weekend.
This date is as good as any for me,.... however, I'd really like to do a Friday PM party, so, if this is good for everyone, I'll get the clear from flight, and hit the runway

So, how's about's it's y'all?

Me

Last Tango
02-03-2007, 04:19 PM
We had our first organizational meeting of the year for the Angel Aid Poker Run in June. This year the host will be the Florida Yacht Club. The FYC was the last checkpoint on last years' run. The Florida Yacht Club in Jacksonville is Florida's oldest continuous yacht club. The facilities are 5 Star for boaters and those who appreciate fine dining and quality surroundings. The Florida Yacht Club is host to several major boating events throughout the year, most of them being sailing regattas, including the recently held J24 Nationals.
The club house was built in the early 1900's and has recently has its historic and intricate ceiling woodwork meticulously and beautifully restored. FYC offers it's own private launch ramp capable of handling larger powerboats with ease, and superior docking facilities as well as ample (and secure) parking for visiting trailered boats and their tow vehicles (over 40 J24's were brought in from around the country and were launched and stored there - I think they will be able to handle us). Saturday evening will be a sit-down dinner in the club (resort evening dining attire) with a stunning view of the river and the city skyline. Awesome prizes, door prizes, auction items. Ah, yes. Just what the doctor (and your First Mate) ordered.
The Friday night party, Saturday morning breakfast, and Saturday night dinner and party will all be held at the FYC.
Registration for this premier event will cost only $245 per boat, which includes all meals for the Captain and his First Mate. Additional Crew can be registered at $55 each.

florida gator
02-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Do they have lodging as well or would we need to stay somewhere else?

Last Tango
02-06-2007, 08:25 AM
There are no rooms at the FYC for overnighting. We will be just down the street at one of several motels at the intersection of I-295 and US 17. We have not picked the host hotel, yet. But, we will let you know as soon as we do since we always negotiate a very good deal on the rooms and then allow you to register for the room as a contribution to Angel Aid (hence tax deductibility for the entrant). You are far better off to wait until we send out the registration forms that include the registration for the room. We block an ample number of rooms for the event well in advance.

We would like to encourage ALL readers of this board to enter, regardless of what you boat in. We always invite the SEADOGS first. Then we open registration to other entrants. If you think you are NOT a SEADOG, may I remind you that by merely reading these posts, you have already officially qualified. Attendance at ANY SEADOG EVENT is automatic membership for life.

florida gator
02-07-2007, 11:57 AM
We would like to encourage ALL readers of this board to enter, regardless of what you boat in. We always invite the SEADOGS first. Then we open registration to other entrants. If you think you are NOT a SEADOG, may I remind you that by merely reading these posts, you have already officially qualified. Attendance at ANY SEADOG EVENT is automatic membership for life.

That's good news since I may not be a Donzi owner by the time this event roles around. :wink:

florida gator
02-07-2007, 11:59 AM
anyone up for this http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48090

Last Tango
03-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Updates to the Calendar.
Next gathering is the Cross Florida run in April.
New info on the Angel Aid Poker Run. If you have questions about any event please feel free to ask them on this thread or call me on my cell (904) 534-9928.

Budmann
03-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Sooooo... anyone still planning the "Cross Florida run"??

Budmann
04-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Well judging by the sounds of Crickets on the above question, I have my answer!!!

I wonder why a group of Donzi Freaks like the Seadogs and a 12 month boating season can't have more get togethers. I have to imagine that our friends to the North of us would get together allot more if they had the same options that we do...

Bud

gcarter
04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Buddy, Buddy, Budddy......
You miss as many or more as anyone else.....

BTW, I won't have my new boat by then.:yes:

Budmann
04-01-2007, 08:44 PM
I think Dora is the only one I have missed. I was in the Keys in Nov. Only two other seadogs and myself there.

Cuda
04-02-2007, 07:17 AM
I think Dora is the only one I have missed. I was in the Keys in Nov. Only two other seadogs and myself there.
Porkey's '05 when just Last Tango, One Subdriver and us were there.
Dora last year, and this year.
We'll have to get a ruling from the judges whether showing up at the Miami Show with "suits" for a day counts or not.:wink:

gcarter
04-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Porkey's '05 when just Last Tango, One Subdriver and us were there.
Dora last year, and this year.
We'll have to get a ruling from the judges whether showing up at the Miami Show with "suits" for a day counts or not.:wink:
I didn't want to say anything more lest I look to be "nit picking", but there was also the river outing in the fall w/ LT, Cuda and, of course, me at Palatka.:wink:

gcarter
04-02-2007, 07:49 AM
BTW, I was in KW in November also, just didn't happen to run into you.
Was staying with friends on Cudjoe Key.

Cuda
04-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I didn't want to say anything more lest I look to be "nit picking", but there was also the river outing in the fall w/ LT, Cuda and, of course, me at Palatka.:wink:
You're right George. I knew we went somewhere during fall last year, but couldn't get it in my mind. That's when we went to Three Bananas from Palatka. That alzheimer is really getting to me.

Last Tango
04-02-2007, 10:31 AM
I think Budmann is suffering from Selective Memory. But, if you look at the 2007 Schedule on the very first page of this thread, you can see that the SEADOGs have an event pretty much every month of some sort.

Bm,
I admit to being one of the offenders when it came to your suggestion about this event a few months ago. It sounded great at the time and I was pretty much up for it. Now, the realities have set in and that weekend has a multitude of things I'm expected to attend. They have all come up since then. Looking back at previous years, the April event has always suffered a lack of last minute participation. Probably having to do with folks planning around Easter, and visitors on Spring Break, and the coming of Spring and what-have-you. I have at least 4 major events that weekend. My wife did not include the SEADOG event in HER plans for me that weekend. LOL!
But it is still a great SEADOG event idea. Perhaps we just need a little more planning. Several folks stepped up, and then faded. I suspect thay suffered the same problems as I.

Cuda
04-02-2007, 11:53 AM
LT, I was surprized not to see you in Dora. You are nearly always there, if by car if necessary.

Budmann
04-02-2007, 04:56 PM
I GIVE!!!! All I was trying to say is that it would be nice to get together a little more often since we have a 12 month boating season!!

I was also thinking that we could plan more things on our own instead of piggiebacking on someone elses event.

All the things on the Calender are fun with the exception of fighting to get rooms, dock space, etc.

AGAIN... just making a suggestion,

Bud

Last Tango
04-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Budmann,
Again I agree with you. We do about 4 stand-alone events a year. And I hope we continue to do so for a long time.
Cuda,
I, too, was amazed and greatly disappointed that I couldn't get to the Mt. Dora event this year. First miss in a long time. I LOVE that area and particular that weekend get together for the SEADOGs! But it was my own fault this year. I made the flight reservastions for and cut it too close. Nancy was in Arizona that week visiting our son and his family and her flight back to Jax was scheduled to be back in Jax in the very early AM Saturday morning and I had to be available to pick her up. I had hoped to drive down afterward and join the gang for lunch at the Crazy Gator, but her flight out of Las Vegas was delayed two hours which forced her to take a different connection from Charlotte to Jax. She didn't land until almost noon. By the time we got back to the house it was already 1:00 PM and then another 2 hours to Mt. Dora. She was dead dog tired from her adventure, and I was dead dog tired from a week of lap dances while she was gone. :wink:

Next year for sure. And probably at least one or two more this year. I think we should do the Lake Harris picnic thing again like last year. I also think we should do an evening dinner at the Picees Rising restaurant and watch the sun go down over Lake Dora.

onesubdrvr
04-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Several folks stepped up, and then faded. I suspect thay suffered the same problems as I.
Absolutely, I'm still game, and had checked back on this from time to time, and saw alot of people seemed to have suffered the same fate (myself included)

Even though I haven't been around much, doesn't mean I haven't missed you guys,.....

And my Donzi :( ,

I'm having sever "issues" right now dealing with it, but I'll come around,....time heals all wounds.

Wayne

Last Tango
04-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Registration forms will be mailed next week to those who have previously attended. Or get them online now at www.angelaid.com

Grand Prize (best poker hand) is a 2007 Yamaha VX Sport Wave Runner and trailer. More than a dozen places will receive awards (cool stuff). Hundreds of auction items.

Major sponsors are:
Haskell's Marine
Exum Electrics
Ron Turner Cycles
North Florida Yamaha
Jacksonville Landing
Tony Sleiman Family

Friday night at Florida Yacht Club: Resort Casual. Casino night and dinner
Saturday Morning: Breakfast and Skippers meeting (8:00AM) at Florida Yacht Club. Poker Run starts at 10:00AM. Cannons will fire the start from a Pirates Ship.
Lunch at Club Paris (yes, as in Paris Hilton) at the Jacksonville Landing. Bingo and Pirates show.
Finish at the Florida Yacht Club
Evening at the Florida Yacht Club: Resort eveningwear (but no jacket or ties required) or Pirates and Wenches costumes. Banquet and Casino night. Prizes and awards for poker hands.

florida gator
04-27-2007, 08:09 PM
I just made a life change that will allow for more H2O time. May no be in a Donzi though!!

Budmann
04-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Did you turn into a fish???:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

florida gator
04-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Yes, in more ways than 1.

Cuda
04-27-2007, 08:53 PM
He turned into a fishboat I believe. Scarab if I'm not mistaken. Did you keep the Donzi also?

florida gator
05-02-2007, 09:12 AM
He turned into a fishboat I believe. Scarab if I'm not mistaken. Did you keep the Donzi also?

Only because I have been to busy to try and sell it. My wife wants it gone quick.

I also just accepted a job in marine conservation that will be considerably less stress and hours than the bank. And when I am working, it's work I enjoy!!

Cuda
05-02-2007, 10:05 AM
If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. :)

Last Tango
05-09-2007, 08:03 AM
I realize that folks are tunnel vision right now on AOTH or some other thing, but we are only a little over a month away from the Angel Aid Poker Run and I want to remind everyone that now is the time to register.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48457

I have some "hard copy" snail-mail registration forms if you want me to mail one to you. But you can also download them from the www.Angelaid.com website.

Cuda
05-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Mark, a guy that goes by "Boostable" on some other boards came by yesterday to look at my HP. We got to talking, and I asked him if he was going to Angel Aid. He said he hadn't gotten any word about it, but he went last year. I told him he should have gotten a registration by mail. His name is Jack, he knows you, and said you helped him organize that charitable run they had about a month ago at the Harris Chain of lakes. He has a Sunsation 288 MCOB.

WA-LO
05-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Im one of the floridians that read alot about these great events and end up
looking at pictures!! Between my 4year old and my wifes bad knees it has
been a sh##ty year for boating. Last Tango and all that help try to get these events off the ground thanks, you do a great job. Hopefully next year
will be better for us. Had a great time having lunch at Dora even boatless it
was great to see the Seadogs!!!:cool:

Budmann
05-09-2007, 06:08 PM
This has always sounded like fun partly because its for a great cause but do you have to run "balls to the wall" for this thing??

My girl is getting up there in years and I just don't want to beat on her anymore! She has had a fairly tough life and I want her golden years to be gentle.

Can you cruise and still be part of the fun?? If so, then count us in!!

Bud

Last Tango
05-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Budmann, et al,
The SEADOGs endeavor to run this event as a pack, regardless of the speeds of the other boats. We have found it a LOT more fun to run together. And it makes it easier to assist a fallen comrad. Donzi or other, makes no difference. There will be 50 boats and lots of very fast ones, and several very slow ones. The SEADOGs start with the fast boats but run together at a speed that is comfortable for everyone. If the river is smooth we tend to run at regular SEADOG cruising speed. If the river is rough we run slower and take the smaller boat folks in the bigger boats. The SEADOGs will be one of several "clubs" in this event. The hardest thing to do is hold back against the Baja's and Fountains. Bring the old girl up and treat her nice. We'll be right there next to you.

rumshaker
05-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Hey there Last Tango! The Rumshaker the Mrs. Rumshaker are in for the Angel Aid. I haven't singed up yet because I got the OATH in my sights right now. When we get back I'll be signing up for it. I got my 22ZX running great so we're ready!

Last Tango
05-11-2007, 09:17 PM
WOW! Glad to hear you've got things shakin' again! Look forward to seeing you there if not sooner.

Last Tango
05-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Only 3 weeks until the event. Time to get your entry forms in to Angel Aid. I have hard copies I can mail snail mail if you need one. E-mail me at Varyak@aol.com with your full name and address and I will get it out to you ASAP.

Last Tango
06-01-2007, 08:52 AM
The fun starts two weeks from today!

Last Tango
07-19-2007, 11:47 AM
As a subscriber to this thread, you are being given the first heads-up on the new 2007 SEADOGs T-shirts. The white T-shirts will have the SEADOG on the back and a pocket on the front. The front is plain. The logo is very similar to my Supreme SEADOG avatar in the upper left corner of this post. I am selling them for a measely $20 each which INCLUDES postage and handling in the US of A. Canadians and other-worldly folks are encouraged to find out how much postage would be required to send a T-shirt by US mail, and add that full amount to your check. I am taking your personal checks only. CHECK. In US Dollars. When your check arrives, I will deposit it. In five days, if I haven't heard from the bank, I will send your shirt.
Mail your CHECK for $20 to:
Mark A. Laszlo
116 Cypress Landing
Jacksonville, FL 32259-3819

Make your CHECK payable to: South East Area Donzi Owners Group.

Be certain to include the amount and the SIZE of the shirt you want.

I have already ordered the shirts and will bring some to Eufaula for purchase there, and also to the Home Town Rally in Sarasota.

If you participated in last years raffle of the Miami Vice posters and were a paying winner (I know who you are), you will receive one free T-shirt as I promised.

If you are a XXL or XXXL you MUST let me know NOW so I can have those made.

Budmann
07-19-2007, 11:54 AM
3 XXL and 3 MED. Please!!!

Bud

Last Tango
09-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Can you really be a genuine SEADOG if you aren't at the Hometown Gathering? :bonk:

Cuda
09-19-2007, 03:52 PM
3 XXL and 3 MED. Please!!!
Bud
XXL? Have you been eating good Buddy? :)

Cuda
09-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Can you really be a genuine SEADOG if you aren't at the Hometown Gathering? :bonk:
We have Debbie's son that weekend, but I will try to stop in. We will be in St Pete. I just got word this morning, that my Lowes job in Sarasota starts the day AFTER the Rally. :(

Last Tango
11-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Regarding the Toys-for-tots run in December, I have been asked to be part of a totally different event in the opposite direction, not involving boats. Since I haven't seen much chat about the Toys-for Tots run, I hope some of you will still attend the currently scheduled event, as that is going to be an annual big deal with several fast boat groups participating.
As for me, I will see you all in soon again. If the weather looks promising at all, we might want to do a New Years Day gathering (for those who are well enough), perhaps at Lake Eustis. I will post something before then.

Last Tango
11-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Toys for Tots Run, December 1. See the first page of this thread in the calendar area.

onesubdrvr
11-21-2007, 05:59 PM

***YES YOU CAN*** :wink: :tongue: :lookaroun: :) :nilly:

Hope to see you guys soon

Wayne

Last Tango
11-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Time to start building the calendar for 2008. Please review the 2007 and previous calendars and make suggestions for 2008.
One suggestion is that we do the cross-Florida trip. Each year this comes up, but there is little last minute actual interest for whatever reason. Before you suggest this particular eent again, please do the following:
1. Suggest a date that doesn't conflict other major DONZI events that happen every year at the same time. Most folks can't do more than one per month at the most.
2. Check to see if there is any water in the rivers, canals and Lake Okeechobee at that time of year (hint: Spring is a DRY season).
3. Come up with a start and finish hotel/ramp location, and an overnight location at the other end that is affordable.
4. Take the helm and BE the event chair for this event.

We have been a VERY successful group in the last few years when it comes to event planning and execution. Let's keep the ball rolling!