PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Prop Selection

rastadr
12-15-2006, 06:42 AM
i've been around long enough to know that the right prop makes a huge difference but i dont even know where to start. its a 93 18 classic with what i think is a stock 5.8/cobra. i will never pull a skier, id like as much bow lift as possible and of course, top end. im hoping there is a pretty good consensis of what i should be running.. please all chine in, im ready to buy a prop.

glashole
12-15-2006, 07:31 AM
do a search on props in the search section

you will have more than enough info to read :wink:

good luck

Shea

ThunderMarineDave
12-15-2006, 04:02 PM
If you can tell me how fast you "think" it's going to run, max rpm and drive ratio, I can tell you what pitch might work.

For best top end (over 50+mph), I like Bravo I 4 blade type (but I sell Mercury props, so I'm a little biased...)

-David
THUNDER MARINE
727-501-3183

BigGrizzly
12-15-2006, 08:51 PM
I second that B4 statement. But I am bias as well because I sel the rest of them. I suggest you hook up with Poodle. Try them is the real way to do it. your boat may be a little different, so try them. I do know what you'll end up with but try any way. what you like is what counts, not necessarily what someone else likes.

rastadr
12-16-2006, 08:35 AM
thanks guys poodle you have an email. im new to the i/o thing. im used to outboards that do a holeshot like a corvette with slicks. but i really like the smoothness of this boat. its like a cadillac compared to my 16 outboard baby that i sold to move up to this one. it seems to me that there is way too much boat in the water to get any real performance out of it with the stock drivetrain 5.8 351 efi /omc cobra.