PDA

View Full Version : ...and another Storm...

Lenny
12-14-2006, 10:44 PM
:rolleyes:

STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM PST FRIDAY

TONIGHT
S WIND 50 TO 60 KT...BECOMING W AND EASING TO 40
TO 50 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. COMBINED SEAS BUILDING TO 30 FT AT
12 SECONDS. SHOWERS.

:rolleyes: no power once again no doubt when I wake up... where's Poodles generators http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/outtahere.gif

Donziweasel
12-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Lenny,
Not sure where you are, but if you are in the mid west, you are probably getting the same storm that pounded us over the last 5 days. 32 inches of snow fell.

spectras only
12-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Lenny , I've heard on the radio Victoria was pounded by 157 KM gusts . The wind subsided here in Vancouver but could pick up again . Lots of municipalities are out of power still. Craig pulled his boat out in Maple Bay before the previous storm a few weeks ago , wise move . Wonder if he's going to make it home this weekend . BTW Chris mentioned the 06 run is on dvd and being sent out . Did you get yours yet ?

Lenny
12-15-2006, 06:47 PM
157 KM per hour is correct. For those in "miles" that is 97 mph. It was unreal. Sheet lightning, clear skies, cloudy, rain, clear, and windy, I mean windy.

Most every tree in the Southwest Coast line came down in some areas. Power went out early, still will be for some time as everywhere there are broken poles, trees, and hydro is down everywhere.

Never seen it like that before.

:eek:
:eek:

Formula Jr
12-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Just got power back 6:30 PST Friday. Central western Oregon, Eugene area.

Last evening was wild. Thought I was seeing lightning strikes, but it was transformers exploding all over the valley. In the middle of it I decided to check if there was any damage. One gust damn near ripped my jacket off over my head, felt light on my feet like I was being sucked up and it moved the car about 1/2 foot and I caught my eye glasses just as they were being pulled off. Went back in and hunkered down. Good thing I spec.-ed the roof tiles for 90 mph. Gotta love the phone company, land line service never went out.

Lenny
12-15-2006, 09:25 PM
We had sooo much lightning last night Owen, (I went outside at 3am with the dog to watch :D ) it was unreal. No "crashes" or "booms" or such, just a lit up sky.
Top speed recorded here offshore of the roads was 102 MPH :eek:
That just DOES NOT EVER happen here.
The tree problems are because, they have most likely had a life of luxury for the last 1500 years, (many areas here have that) and have never been exposed to this kind of thing.
Nature just cleaned 'em all out here...
Weasel, ALL of our weather comes from the Pacific, dead on at a 90, and then travels East across the USA towards you.
http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?pageID=bc_home&articleID=2485334

gcarter
12-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Yep, gotta second what Poodle said. Looks pretty familiar. The next thing you'll see is a bunch of new businesses spring up to clean up the mess. I never did figure out where they took all the debris here. There was so much of it.
Didn't they have a freak storm like this in Cornwall, England about 15 to 20 years ago? Maybe 140 MPH winds?

Lenny
12-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Need a chainsaw shipped out to ya?? :D :D

Nope, I have a 42 and 55 Husky already :D

spectras only
12-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Didn't they have a freak storm like this in Cornwall, England about 15 to 20 years ago? Maybe 140 MPH winds?

I was in Brighton England in 1986 when that hurricane happened there . If you know Brighton , the ocean swells washed up on the upper level :eek!: . Have a VHS footage of it . One day I'll convert it to DVD . Huge trees toppled .
We had the light show here on the mainland like Lenny on the island , but it was all the transformers blowing , according to hydro officials. It was like halloween :lookaroun