PDA

View Full Version : Stock Exhaust Riser Height ???

Zinger
12-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Hello All, can anyone help me with a clearance issue . I need to get a measurement on a 22 classic 454 or 502 , using a straight edge on the top deck from starboard to port side right over top center of the riser. I need the distance between the top of the riser and the bottom of the straight edge. What I'm doing is changing the exhaust ,the motor is out and the exhaust is 3 inches taller than the stock exhaust hopefully this will fit. Thanks Jeff

Cuda
12-13-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure of the height of the stock merc risers, but Revolution said their exhaust from the bottom bolt hole, to the highest point was 15.25 inches. I got in the bilge and measured with the hatch closed, and I had 15.5 inches of clearance.
I ended up going with Dana exhaust, which I think must be the same height as the Rev's, because I have the same .25 inches of clearance.

I'm pretty sure Merc's is less.

Cuda
12-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Btw, you can't measure it with a straight edge, it doesn't take into account the bow in the hatch. I guess you could use a straight edge from front to back, right over where the risers go. I used the straight edge going across when I put the risers on, and it scared the chit out of me, until I realized it didn't take into account the bow of the hatch. :)