PDA

View Full Version : history of powerplays

tiger lily
12-12-2006, 06:40 PM
always really liked these boats, but cant find alot on the history of them, anyone know anything? who designed them, i know they are built in miami and are damn nice boats, but i cant find alot on them, and i dont feel like asking on OSO so i felt id check here.

gold-n-rod
12-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Powerplay boats were made in Holland, Michigan throughout the 80's. Pretty respectable boats. The boating bust of the 90's caused the company to resurrect itself as Powerquest. As you may or may not know, Powerquest went tits up in 2005 and hasn't built a boat since.

I know nothing about the Powerplays being built in Florida. If indeed they are, it's a new company using an old name..... nothing unusual in the boating biz. The Powerplay designs were very 80's in style so it's not likely they are using molds from the original company.

HTH,

boxy
12-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Powerplay boats were made in Holland, Michigan throughout the 80's. Pretty respectable boats. The boating bust of the 90's caused the company to resurrect itself as Powerquest. As you may or may not know, Powerquest went tits up in 2005 and hasn't built a boat since.
I know nothing about the Powerplays being built in Florida. If indeed they are, it's a new company using an old name..... nothing unusual in the boating biz. The Powerplay designs were very 80's in style so it's not likely they are using molds from the original company.
HTH,
Actually PowerPlay Florida was the original company, they went through a "restructuring" at some point and the guys in Holland started producing PowerPlays, then the original PowerPlay started back up, and the Holland guys started producing "Powerquests by PowerPlay", we had a 1992 230 Conquest, named that way. Then after a few years, and some legal pressure from Florida they just became Powerquest. PowerPlay was still producing boats in Florida at that time, mainly a 33 Offshore, and a 33 Open Concept.
I think they are both gone now...

tiger lily
12-15-2006, 12:24 AM
the powerplay out of florida is who i was referring too, i know all about powerquest and what they went through, but not alot on powerplay's, im looking at some right now, but i need a damn job before i can get to serious about them.