PDA

View Full Version : 22 speaker size

need for speed
12-11-2006, 05:39 PM
what size speaker come these days as factory in the 22's? the 2 under the dash area and 2 in the vinyl sides... the wood behind the vinyl is pre cut what size speakers will fit...

I might just cut a few holes in the dash...:eek!: :eek!:

RedDog
12-11-2006, 09:03 PM
I just like the 4 inch out of the transom.....

yeller
12-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Need, they are 6.5" speakers. Also, there is tons of room, so you don't have to worry about depth.

need for speed
12-12-2006, 11:05 AM
I love the 4" but some times you must please the wife... and a ton of no wake so.... :wink:

Thank you!

yeller
12-13-2006, 10:34 AM
I thought I should add to my previous post because I'd hate to be the one that caused you to buy the wrong size speakers.

Need, they are 6.5" speakers. Keep in mind that not all companies seem to use the same size measuring tape. If you're not prepared to do some trimming, you should remove the speaker and measure the hole size, then make sure the new ones will fit the same hole before buying.
I used to install years back and it seemed every company's cut-out was a different size, even though the speaker size was the same.

need for speed
12-13-2006, 02:53 PM
my 22 has no radio in it.. so i will be doing some work! :wink: just want it to look stock don't need anything crazy ... thank you!

hardcrab
12-13-2006, 04:24 PM
I just like the 4 inch out of the transom.....
This is what you'll be listening to.
I think it's a better idea to carry a boom box; CD, satellite. You don't hear the radio when the engine is running and the portable method gives you more sound per dollar. And, it's portable. (redundancy counts)