PDA

View Full Version : Center Rise Exhaust System - Small Block?

Patrik Sweden
12-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Planing to buy these when I'm visiting the US next week, if I buy them from Sweden and ship them with DHL I have to pay, shiiping, costum, 25% Tax etc...

And the price is half compared to Sweden..

CP Performance (http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=6942)

It says "Silent Choice Risers" is it possible to use these with the Silent Choice I have today? Or do I have to modify anything to mount it? (see picture)

Thanks in advance!

//P

mrfixxall
12-11-2006, 08:26 PM
you would need a shorter riser,those manifolds dont produce that much more hp then the stock ones...go with the emi powerflos,much better but make sure you get all the brackets for the shift linkage and the bracket for the oilfilter housing...www.eddiemarine.com

RedDog
12-11-2006, 08:56 PM
to read the description, they sound like a repackaged GLM manifold with a stainless riser.

I suspect the picture of the riser is the non-silent choice version and they also market a shorter silent choice version. A phone call to verify is needed

I saw they also had a big block version - I need a set of exhaust for my 502 EFI soon and these seem interesting price wise

MOP
12-11-2006, 09:54 PM
From what I have read and heard they do give a decent weight saving but no increase in power, I do not think they will do that well in salt.

Patrik Sweden
12-12-2006, 01:38 AM
I called CPPerformance yesterday, he told me that the riser would fit like glove with my silent choice!

But are these crap you think? Almost half the price if I campare to IMCO...

mrfixxall
12-12-2006, 09:36 AM
I called CPPerformance yesterday, he told me that the riser would fit like glove with my silent choice!
But are these crap you think? Almost half the price if I campare to IMCO...

like i said theres no performance gains just weight savings...heres what a silent choice ss riser looks like...

http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/details.asp?SubCategoryID=279&CategoryID=107

MOP
12-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Patrik you will get decent replacement manifolds with nice looking risers, other thrn that don't expect much more then weight savings.

Phil

Patrik Sweden
02-26-2007, 09:18 AM
I just received my exhaust system from CP Performance... I ordered these (http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=6942) but they sent me 2 left side!!! :banghead: GLM Aluminium Manifolds and Hardin Marine Stainless risers...
take a look at the picture...
The thing is... I live in Sweden and payed $450 in shipping cost.. I hope they will send me a replacement Manifold..
:mad: :mad:

knots2u
02-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I can't make out what you circled in the picture, water inlet? I think you will find those manifolds are a universal fit, meaning each manifold can be mounted on the port or starboard side. Years ago when I was at Barr Marine our center risers were universal fit. Our water inlets were on both ends of the manifold, down low, use one then plug the other end. Only log styles were port or starboard specific.

$450 freight:eek!:

Good thing they are not iron!

Bob

Patrik Sweden
02-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I can't make out what you circled in the picture, water inlet? I think you will find those manifolds are a universal fit, meaning each manifold can be mounted on the port or starboard side. Years ago when I was at Barr Marine our center risers were universal fit. Our water inlets were on both ends of the manifold, down low, use one then plug the other end. Only log styles were port or starboard specific.
$450 freight:eek!:
Good thing they are not iron!
Bob

Ok, but if I use a hose, do I have to plug the waterintake between the riser and manifolds, were the gasket is?

yeah.. UPS is the real thing.. or not

MOP
02-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Patrik the GLM's hace water passages between the manifold and riser, you are far better off blocking them and using the by pass hose to the riser. To do it right you need the stainless steel blocking plates and 4 gaskets, those could be mailed in an envelope pretty cheap.

Phil

Patrik Sweden
02-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Patrik the GLM's hace water passages between the manifold and riser, you are far better off blocking them and using the by pass hose to the riser. To do it right you need the stainless steel blocking plates and 4 gaskets, those could be mailed in an envelope pretty cheap.
Phil

Ahh, thanks! I think it will look better with a hose!

smokediver
02-28-2007, 07:38 AM
those pipe plugs you have circled are not the right holes to use ... up real close to the riser is the right ones ... you need to get a 90 degree fitting so that it is facing forward to make the loop up to the riser , i found ones made from brass ... i bought hose from napa... much cheaper than cp performance !!! those holes are the exhaust outlets that merc. uses to go to the intake manifold ... it isn't needed ... here in fl. anyway !

BigGrizzly
02-28-2007, 08:36 AM
They are correct right and left are the same only the elbows are different. just use the right water passages. The will give an advantage over stock, usually in fuel savings and a tiny performance increase just because stock is so bad and heavy. Patric you did well.

Patrik Sweden
02-28-2007, 10:17 AM
those pipe plugs you have circled are not the right holes to use ... up real close to the riser is the right ones ... you need to get a 90 degree fitting so that it is facing forward to make the loop up to the riser , i found ones made from brass ... i bought hose from napa... much cheaper than cp performance !!! those holes are the exhaust outlets that merc. uses to go to the intake manifold ... it isn't needed ... here in fl. anyway !
Ok, like the picture? I will look at the local plumber, he probably have it made from brass incl the hose. But I would like a polished stainless pipe instead...

just use the right water passages.
What do you mean by "right water passages"? Should I plug just the left side, or should I do it "the right way"...:boggled: :bonk:

knots2u
02-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Your last picture is correct for plumbing water out of the manifolds to the risers. Are there any 3/4NPT threaded holes on the bottom or ends of the manifolds, I can't tell from the first picture. You gotta get water in! Do not use the top two holes on the riser for water in and out. Use one for the hose to the riser and plug the other.

Patrik Sweden
02-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Your last picture is correct for plumbing water out of the manifolds to the risers. Are there any 3/4NPT threaded holes on the bottom or ends of the manifolds, I can't tell from the first picture. You gotta get water in! Do not use the top two holes on the riser for water in and out. Use one for the hose to the riser and plug the other.

I have intakes under the manifolds, exactly same as the old standard manifolds, I will use those for water intake.

Patrik Sweden
03-04-2007, 11:31 AM
and the result... looks much better then the stock merc! :yes: