PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool

Cuda
12-08-2006, 12:14 AM
I had a guy drive up from Cape Coral today to buy the extra 350 I had in my garage. He saw my other boats, and seemed to know a bit about Kaama drives etc, so I asked him what he did for a living before he retired. He told me he was a rigger for Richie Sutphen for 20 years. He started to explain what a Sutphen was, one of those "Cigarette boats". I stopped him mid sentence and told him I was familiar with the 30 Sutphen Ocean Pacer. You should have seen his eyes light up. :)

He was about to leave, and we yacked about boats for another 45 minutes or so. We would have talked longer, but his son was expecting him in Melborne, and mom had some homemade soup he was waiting for. I could tell by the way he knew how to get the engine into his van, he knew what he was doing. He actually reminded me a lot of my own dad. His name is Walt. I didn't catch his last name.

Debbie and his wife were yacking pretty good too. I don't know how old he was, but his wife said they had been married 50 years. He was impressed with how much help Debbie was to us getting the engine in the van, and his last words when he was pulling away was that she was a good one, and I better hand on to her.

Kirk
12-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Getting married to my wife was the ONLY smart thing I have done in life, we have been married now for almost 18 years. Now if I could land that PERMANENT JOB in IT with a class outfit my life would be complete.

All the best to your family Cuda!

Happy Holidays,

Kirk