PDA

View Full Version : This will bring a tear to you eye

Cuda
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
I saw the old Callan Tencara sitting in a field today. Very sad ending for the most bad azz boat I ever saw run in person.

need for speed
12-05-2006, 04:12 PM
walk over to that farm hosue and make a deal.... you have n;t bought any new boats in the past 60 days..!! ( i don't think):wink:

Cuda
12-05-2006, 04:19 PM
It's in a field beside Mystic Powerboats, which is somehow affiliated with Callan Marine. I think Callan does the design, and Mystic does the layup. I've been in there once looking at some engines a guy had for sale. Some incredible stuff they build in there, including the 62 foot V.:cool:

McGary911
12-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Here's a pic from happier days. This thing did 203 on radar at the LOTO Lake Rescue Shootout. I think it had the turbines then. I think they eventually switched to sterlings. Didn't Callan buy up the Torque V-12 stuff as well? From what i've read, Tencaras are crazy expensive boats.

Cuda
12-05-2006, 08:43 PM
We saw it run at Marathon back in 02 or 03. I have never seen anything like it before. I was standing on the seawall at the seven mile bridge, watching some super v's or something go by. I looked back over my shoulder and saw it flying right along the bridge, headed right towards me. Those turbines are so quiet compared to the piston driven boats, it took me by surprise, and I could have sworn there was no way it could turn before hitting the seawall. I was looking for a hole to dive in, or at least a 55 gallon barrel they had set up for trash. I couldn't have been more shocked if I turned and found a barrel of a gun between my eyes. It was running Px Class, I don't remember how many boats were running in that class, but they weren't alone. I do remember they won by 2 laps.:eek!:

The boat they have now I think they built themselves. We saw it at the boat launch the day I bought my Mx14, and I was dropping it in for a test run. Talk about feeling small! I talked to the guys, they had the turbine engines in it, but they planned on changing to the V 12's for a race, then back to the turbines for the Loto Shootout. Nice guys, they let Debbie go on board and take a look around.

Lenny
12-05-2006, 09:35 PM
I watched it in 2004, before the metallic Silver one came out in 2005. It sounded sooo cool. V-12's I believe, but basically big block Chevys, and some block mating, according to BROWNIE, as he described the boat to me :)

Great time that year, and a TON of boats, and probably about 5, 38 ZR's that year.

pmreed
12-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Saw her first at the St. Cloud races in early '03. A debut for her. Very, very cool!!

Phil