PDA

View Full Version : Pro Charger Progress

Last Real Texan
12-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Well I have been tinkering the past couple of days with the project and am making some headway...All the hardware is hung and the new thermostat is in and all I have to do now......is complete the fuel system connections. All water connections except the right header are complete and let me tell you the fuel plate that ATI provides that mounts to the bottom of the front of the motor is pretty trick but a pain in the arse to install . try crawling around in here @ 6' 5" on your head and working upside down.....:( All in all not a bad install but tedious none the less, so far I have about 8 hours in it and I think I have probably another 3-4 to complete it. The only real hickup is the water supply to my right header is going to be very close to the bell mouth of the unit. The existing stock water hose is going to be replaced with one I found at the auto parts store with a pretty tight 90 turn and then straight then going forward to match up with the existing hose via a 1 inch union . I don't think it will disrupt the airflow to the unit and it should not hurt water flow either.......or at least hope not. Almost forgot still need to mount the intercooler to the fire wall should not be too bad , I have ordered new blue silicone elbows and t-bar clamps to make it look nice......
Also have to order a boost guage and Fuel preassure guage in the morning from someone....not sure on what brand yet....leaning towards the gaffrig stuff, any suggestions here?
The computer is on its way to Mark@ Precision marine and he assures me he has a good program for this set up.......Lets hope so.
I am no tgoing to be able to complete it for about a week or two due to my work schedule and all but look forward to getting the tune right and then its go time!
a few pictures ......
Bryan

Cuda
12-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Sweet! What do you have for exhaust?

Last Real Texan
12-04-2006, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=Cuda;396099]Sweet! What do you have for exhaust?[/QUOTE
Stock CMI 's that come with a 500 EFI

BigGrizzly
12-04-2006, 08:41 PM
don't worry about the hose in front of the intake it won't affect the air flow since the throttlebody is under pressure and downstream from the blower.

MOP
12-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Setup looks great, hope to see it run one day!

Wonder about a wee hole in that hose He He a little water injection:biggrin.:

Dr. Dan
12-05-2006, 06:24 AM
:wink: Bryan ...That looks awesome.... I am sure if you keep it all mild you will really enjoy the performance gains.... I am curious...what Brand Throttle Cables and the Spark Plug wires are those? I love the Red Color?

Keep us posted...

Doc :smash:

Last Real Texan
12-05-2006, 07:29 AM
:wink: Bryan ...That looks awesome.... I am sure if you keep it all mild you will really enjoy the performance gains.... I am curious...what Brand Throttle Cables and the Spark Plug wires are those? I love the Red Color?
Keep us posted...
Doc :smash:
Throttle cable I believe is Morse.....? not sure though, the plug wires are 8.5 MSD's.

As far as keeping this mild ....that is what I have in mind....Not trying to set this motor on kill just a nice increase in power and when I want it to spool up it is there. I spend a lot of time @ 4000 rpm's and like the 60 mph cruise there. But when I want it spool it up take it to 5400 and go.......

Thanks for the encouragement guys I will keep up with progress updates.

Bryan

LKSD
12-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Looking good Bryan.. :) I can set you up with the gauges.. Call me if you need them yet.

You & Bill will be tearin up the lake this summer! :) Jamie

Last Real Texan
12-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Looking good Bryan.. :) I can set you up with the gauges.. Call me if you need them yet.
You & Bill will be tearin up the lake this summer! :) Jamie
Yeah................................... if I can keep a drive behind it! ANy on e have a deal on an XR upper? looking for one............winter is here and people are upgrading.

On the guages....I am still waffling around on what kind to do, and thank you for all of your help on the phone...
Bryan

LKSD
12-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Yeah................................... if I can keep a drive behind it! ANy on e have a deal on an XR upper? looking for one............winter is here and people are upgrading.
On the guages....I am still waffling around on what kind to do, and thank you for all of your help on the phone...
Bryan

Youre welcome... If I come across any drive specials or take offs I will give you a shout.. :) Jamie /Lakeside