PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Champ Game

RedDog
12-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm glad to see UF selected to play in the championship game even though I am a "Gator Hater"!

Cuda
12-03-2006, 09:36 PM
I reckon the Gators should just go ahead and beat OSU, just to curb all that crying coming out of Michigan.:eek!:

Tony
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
This Michigan resident is not crying...I'm an MSU Spartan and don't give a shat about the Wolverines. In East Lansing, BCS stands for Basketball's Coming Soon, in fact Tom Izzo's boys spanked Bradley today by about 30 points.

P.S. The Gators will not beat OSU...

:beer:

goatee
12-03-2006, 11:20 PM
this is the biggest bunch of B.S.!!!!!!:mad:
this is the national championship game!!!!! it should be played by the two top teams. the only team mi. lost to, was the #1 team.:mad:

i hope o.s. (and i hate them) walks all over florida. (nuthin against them)
i hope it is a slaughter. not even close! i want the entire nation to turn the channel, because it doesnt even look like a football game anymore.:mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad:
i dont care who you are or are not a fan of,,,spartans, wolverines, gators, buckeyes,,i want to see the two best teams!

Carl C
12-04-2006, 07:05 AM
I'm a big Wolverine's fan but really don't have a problem with this situation. We had a crack at OSU and lost. The computers put Michigan and Florida even; it was the human vote that broke the tie. This is not pro ball. Good luck to Florida. BTW, we're still going to the Rose Bowl.:)

Cuda
12-04-2006, 08:53 AM
this is the national championship game!!!!! it should be played by the two top teams. !

Err, check the papers. That's exactly what's happening.

1 OSU
2 UF

goatee
12-04-2006, 11:14 AM
so florida is #2 because they beat ark???? thats crap! mi. only lost to the #1 team, and not by much. ohio is going to stomp them like a bug.
and i kinda like the gators. i'd really like it to be the other way around, but,
now i just want to stick it in the faces of the voters.

Cuda
12-04-2006, 11:19 AM
so florida is #2 because they beat ark???? thats crap! mi. only lost to the #1 team, and not by much. ohio is going to stomp them like a bug.
and i kinda like the gators. i'd really like it to be the other way around, but,
now i just want to stick it in the faces of the voters.
So, let me see if I have this right, you have more knowledge on college football than those coaches that did the poll. If anything, the Big Ten always gets ranked higher I've always thought. Stamp your feet a little harder. That should make the difference.

goatee
12-04-2006, 11:40 AM
more knowledge than the coaches??? maybe so. cuz i took my thmart pilz today!
no, but in reality,, mi. only lost one game, and it was to the #1 team.
and it was a very close game. if we played them again, we may lose again, but i think out of any team in the country,,u of m has the best chance.

i will still wish the gators the best. i hope they kill ohio.

RedDog
12-04-2006, 11:55 AM
...but in reality,, mi. only lost one game, and it was to the #1 team... oh wait - FL beat my team by only 1 point. Does that mean UT should be ranked third?

and how many top 25 teams did MI play?

Was that MI that struggled against Vandy and their freshman QA playing his first college game?

And did MI win their conference championship game - oh wait, the Big 10 doesn't have to play one

It's going to be a moot issue after FL beats OSU. The FL speed is going to kill

goatee
12-04-2006, 12:02 PM
it's sure gonna be sweet if they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boldts
12-04-2006, 12:15 PM
HEY!!!! Who the H*** defaced that Classic Olds Cutlass with a bumper sticker???? :)

Well, I'll stay out of the debate on who we should be playing for the #1 spot, although I as a College Football fan just happen to think that OSU vs MI would have been a much more entertaining ball game with 2 of the most exciting offenses in the country.

I also thought it was very classy that our coach Jim Tressel didn't place a vote in who the #2 team should be. Along that line, some of the comments to come from FL and MI were a bit disappointing. MI after the OSU game and then FL in regards to MI being #2.

Tony, I like your standing for BCS. Have you seen Ohio State play yet? Along with NC, their saying it's one of the best recruitting classes in the country. Our 7 foot center finally started a game this past weekend. Things are looking very good in B ball here in the Buckeye Nation.

Back to College Football..... Personally, I don't thnk USC has anything for Michigan in the Rose Bowl this year from what I saw in their final game against UCLA. I also don't think Florida has enough for Ohio State's talent pool. However, it's college football being played in a nutral site. Until the game is played, we won't know who will bring the best game to the field.

I'm sure a fantasy league is available now that all the teams have been named. I'll get one put together for those of you interested in participating. I'll have to see what I have for prizes this year and don't you ladies shy away. We welcome everyone! Heck, I've seen women kick some real butt when it comes to picking their favorite color uniform team. :)

Happy Holidays and to all a fantastic New Year!

Cuda
12-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I think UM had better quit worrying about what might have been, and concentrate on the bowl that they are going to play in. I'm guessing that a throrough thrashing by the Trojans will also answer the question if they should have been number 2.

smokediver
12-04-2006, 02:38 PM
I reckon the Gators should just go ahead and beat OSU, just to curb all that crying coming out of Michigan.:eek!:
Actually , all the crying was coming from Urban Myer . He should spend a little time with Lloyd Carr and learn how to be gracious . Michigan had their shot no doubt however , they lost to the #1 team by 3 points . Urban complained then didn't have the stones to show up in front of the BCS last week when he was invited to speak ... You won't hear Lloyd Carr behave the way Urban did ... and if he did ..He would certainly show up in person and state his case ...

Forrest
12-04-2006, 04:55 PM
this is the national championship game!!!!! it should be played by the two top teams. the only team mi. lost to, was the #1 team.:mad:
i hope o.s. (and i hate them) walks all over florida. (nuthin against them)
i hope it is a slaughter. not even close! i want the entire nation to turn the channel, because it doesnt even look like a football game anymore.:mad:
:mad: :mad: :mad:
i dont care who you are or are not a fan of,,,spartans, wolverines, gators, buckeyes,,i want to see the two best teams!

Amen! The Gators barely got by un-ranked Florida State two weeks ago and just squeaked by South Carolina in their own stadium just two weeks before that. I've lost all faith in the BCS, but I am going to love watching Ohio State crush the Gators! It will be like watching an NFL team playing a high school team!

smokediver
12-04-2006, 04:58 PM
they did have a common opponent , Vanderbilt . florida pulled out a 6 point squeaker ... Mich coasted to a 20 point victory .. .nuff said ...

Cuda
12-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Amen! The Gators barely got by un-ranked Florida State two weeks ago and just squeaked by South Carolina in their own stadium just two weeks before that. I've lost all faith in the BCS, but I am going to love watching Ohio State crush the Gators! It will be like watching an NFL team playing a high school team!
Spoken like a true FSU fan.:)

I'd say the same thing if FSU was going instead. Did your boys get a bowl bid? For some reason, my sister hasn't been sending me emails much about college football anymore. :)

I tried to have her arrested for child abuse for having this picture taken.

Tony
12-04-2006, 05:41 PM
U-M had their chance and could not do it. So, give someone else a crack at it.
Also, if you let U-M play OSU again, and U-M wins, what do you have now...co-national champions?

For what it's worth, Florida had the toughest schedule in the nation, and U-M had the third toughest.
Of course, that was again decided by the almighty computer.

Tony
12-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Fl had the toughest schedule in the nation?? When did they play # 1, or # 2 for that matter??

Strength of schedule is comprised of more than just playing #1 or #2.
Here is the official criteria:

The third component will be the team's strength of schedule. This component is calculated by determining the cumulative won/loss records of the team's opponents and the cumulative won/loss records of the teams' opponents' opponents. The formula shall be weighted two-third (66 2/3%) for the opponent's record and one-third (33 1/3%) for the opponents' opponents record. The team's schedule strength shall be calculated to determine in which quartile it will rank: 1-25, 26-50; 51-75; 76-100 and shall be further quantified by its ranking within each quartile (divided by 25). For example, if a team's schedule strength rating is 28th in the nation, that team would receive 1.12 points (28/25 = 1.12). Should a team play a Division I-AA opponent, only the losses of the Division I-AA team shall be used in determining the opponent's record or the opponent's opponents' record.

Any questions? :bonk:

Cuda
12-05-2006, 07:16 AM
TV and politics are the only reaosn UM is not playing OSU again... If you believe anything else you may be interested in a piece of property I have for sale? It has a very cool bridge on it...
Scott, by UM, I presume you weren't refering to the University of Miami.:wink:

Forrest
12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Spoken like a true FSU fan.:)
I'd say the same thing if FSU was going instead. Did your boys get a bowl bid? For some reason, my sister hasn't been sending me emails much about college football anymore. :)
I tried to have her arrested for child abuse for having this picture taken.
Yes, fine Seminole fans like your sister are hanging the heads in shame and disbelief. I hear you laughing there Joe, but it's not funny. :bawling: The 'Noles have been going down-hill ever since Mark Richt and Chuck Amato left and Jeff Bowden arrived. This year was the bottom. Now that Jeff Bowden is gone, it's time to rebuild and come back an kick some Gator arss next year.

Oh yea, they gave FSU the Emerald Bowl in San Fran against UCLA. :eek!:

Joe, that's a fine picture. You should be proud of that picture, and better yet, you should get it blown up really big and hang it in a prominent place in your house! :yes:

Cuda
12-08-2006, 03:06 PM
If you've ever seen that commercial they usually play on tv during a Gator game, you'll understand this parody of it that my brother sent to me. He went to UF.

WARNING:
Forrest, don't click on this link, and if you do, remember it's just in jest. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFSHi9nbvkQ