PDA

View Full Version : power steering pulley

Zinger
11-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I am looking for a serpentine pullley if anyone has one. Thanks

LKSD
11-30-2006, 12:14 AM
I dont have any laying around, but if wore comes to worse I can probably get you a new one.. Let me know if I can be of help.. :) Jamie

Rootsy
11-30-2006, 06:18 AM
I am looking for a serpentine pullley if anyone has one. Thanks

gonna need one here too since my plastic one grenaded.... pricing new they are 38 bucks or something from MP.... it's one of those things i don't need at this moment so i'll let you know if i come across a good used one in my travels as i keep looking for one in the event that one should pop up somewhere....

LKSD
11-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Zinger,
Check your email.. :)

Rootsy, his set up costs a bit more he actually would need to replace more than just the pulley. The plastic pulley was replaced/updated with a new belt & metal pulley kit.. There was a TB out on it a while back... :)

Jamie / Lakeside

Rootsy
11-30-2006, 11:43 AM
yes there was a Service Bulletin on replacing the plastic pulley with a steel pulley of larger diameter as the plastic tended to "come apart" for various reasons. since the pulley diameters are different and the idler does not have enough adjustment you must use a new serpentine belt... available from NAPA...

buying the pulley and belt seperately tends to save you somewhere around 25 - 30 dollars... vs just buying the merc "kit".