PDA

View Full Version : I feel like Rodney Dangerfield

onesubdrvr
11-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Well,

I'm going back to school,.....it's been almost 3 years since I finished my Associates Degree, now I'm back at it to get my BS degree,....taking a change in fields though, going to the IT world. I've been turning wrenches my entire life, I'm damn good at what I do, and am pretty well paid,....but time for a change,....THUS,....I'll be Donziless for another 2 years or so, but that's OK, with me and the wife working full time, and both of us going to school full time, there won't be much time for boating anyways.

I'll keep maintaining the SEADOG website, so please forward any pictures to me so I can post 'em in the photo gallery (PS Cuda,..I WILL get around to resizing the header and footer, but in the meantime, I've removed them from the Photo section).

Also, after school is finished, all but 1 of my kids will be in school, so daycare costs will go down, and by that time, none of my kids will be in diapers or drinking that formula crap, so I'll be saving some $ for my next Donzi, and I'm thinking REALLY hard about what to get, kind of leaning towards a deck boat, or it everything falls into place, and I can find the right one, a 28zxo.

Anyway, I'm going to try to make a couple of events next year (rides would be appreciated), and will be around, hope to catch up with y'all sometime,....maybe an early season BBQ here at my crib next year around march or so??

Take care y'all
See 'ya around
Wayne

RedDog
11-28-2006, 08:07 PM
...and by that time, none of my kids will be in diapers or drinking that formula crap...
Hope yours aren't like mine - they went from formula to filet mignon and lobster.... :bonk:

Team Jefe
11-29-2006, 04:07 PM
I wish you all the best Amigo...it takes lots of guts to step away from you comfort zone...especially if it impacts your family time. But it will all be for the best.

Good Luck. Vaya Con Dios !

Cuda
11-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Best of luck Wayne. Right now my business is the slowest I can ever remember. I kind of wish I had the option of going back to college, but I've got to pay the bills.

Btw, you know you are always welcome to a seat with us at any Donzi event.

Just because you don't have a Donzi, doesn't make you not one of the Donzi family. It's the love of the Donzi that makes the family, not the fiberglass.

onesubdrvr
12-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Thanks Fella's, I appreciate the well wishes

Joe, I just hope I get a chance to make it to a couple of events this upcoming year, my schedule will be pretty full, but none the less, I will try.

I'll be 'round, thanks again
Wayne

gold-n-rod
12-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Also, after school is finished, all but 1 of my kids will be in school, so daycare costs will go down, and by that time, none of my kids will be in diapers or drinking that formula crap, so I'll be saving some $ for my next Donzi,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAH!!!

I thought that once, too!!!!

let's see.....

$40 jeans, $70 shoes, etc. etc. etc.
sports teams fees ($100/sport) cleats, uniforms, gloves, mouthguards
speaking of mouths, $5000 for braces
musical instuments and lessons
$50 school picture packages
..... and this was just grade school.

High school?
more sports team fees, sports physicals, etc.
school trips
summer and sports camps
$25/week school lunches
homecoming/winter/prom dances
more band instruments..... oh and band camp
driving instruction
A CAR!!!
AND INSURANCE!!!
Senior pictures
Senior trip
Senior prom
Graduation
Graduation open house

and college......... hmmmm....... $15K/year.......... and up.

Wayne, my friend, take it from someone who knows. It won't be long and you'll be wishing for the "good old days" of diapers, daycare and formula. They are the cheapest years of childhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onesubdrvr
12-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Wayne, my friend, take it from someone who knows. It won't be long and you'll be wishing for the "good old days" of diapers, daycare and formula. They are the cheapest years of childhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now come on,..... don't give me ANOTHER reason to go out and get a new handgun :eek!: :wink:

Wayne

sweet 16 1966
12-02-2006, 10:44 PM
We could give you plenty of advise on what not to do!
Don't spoil em too much and teach them how to be self sufficient.
If not , you will pay and pay.....
Older does get more expensive. Cars, insurance then college. Prey they stay out of trouble! Love em lots!

wrussellw
12-03-2006, 09:00 AM
And Medical School, Law School
....then wait until your daughter finds Mr Right and the wedding bills start:eek!: