PDA

View Full Version : Trip to the keys....

gcarter
11-27-2006, 06:43 PM
We took the same weekend as the Worlds in KW.
We stayed with my buddy Paul, the CFO of "the Citizen" newspaper, and his girlfriend Debby. Paul lives on Cudjoe Key. His house has about 80' of canal front.
Elaine and I arrived on Thursday afternoon and didn't have time before dark to launch. Friday we had lunch at Catch22's favorite restaurant, No Name Pub on No Name Key (Big Pine). The outstanding thing about this place besides the food is the estimated $960,000.00 stapled all over the ceiling and walls.
After lunch we ventured out into the Atlantic. There seemed to be a Poker Run going on. Maybe 30-40 boats heading South.

gcarter
11-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Saturday, we left Pauls, went out to Hawk Channel, and up the Keys to Marathon for lunch. We stopped at a Gulfside commercial fishery/fast food restaurant and had some of the best/freshest seafood I've ever tasted. After lunch we swung under the Seven Mile Bridge and filled up at a fuel dock. On the way back we ran alongside the Seven Mile Bridge again.....I wonder how many movies have been filmed there?

gcarter
11-27-2006, 07:06 PM
On Sunday we were comped some tickets to Fort Jefferson on the Fast Cat. On the way out of the harbor I shot a few pics of some of the boats there for the races....

vonkamp
11-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Great pic's George. I love it down there and always make it to No Name Pub. It's a great place...If you can find it.
There is a place in P-Cola like that. I think it's called McGuires (sp?).

gcarter
11-27-2006, 07:50 PM
The Fast Cat takes 30 minutes longer to get to FJ than a 302 Scarab @ cruising speed.. :) :)
Probably so.....but it's so much more comfortable.......
Being Sunday, there was almost no one on board. I took a nap on the way back.

BUIZILLA
11-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Being Sunday, there was almost no one on board. I took a nap on the way back.why would you want to nap on a boat ride to paradise?? :confused: :wink: :cool:

gcarter
11-27-2006, 08:26 PM
why would you want to nap on a boat ride to paradise?? :confused: :wink: :cool:
Your right Jim....it is paradise!
I just had a long several days and I was tired. Besides, between Fort Jefferson and Gull Key, there's not much to look at.

DonCig
11-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Your right Jim....it is paradise!
I just had a long several days and I was tired. Besides, between Fort Jefferson and Gull Key, there's not much to look at.

George, never defend taking an afternoon nap; especially to someone of Jim's vintage!

LOL

Don

Magicallbill
11-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Nice shots Geo.
Jason,his girlfriend, and I will be in the Keys over the 1st week of Jan. I posted this on Budmann's new boat thread.
We'll try to make the Tortugas if the wind and seas co-operate while we're there,as we'll have Jason's 23 ZF in tow.
Provided we have enough money left to fuel the Center Console after our single-digit mileage run down from Indiana towing it, we'll do some crusing.
If you all want to, I'd dig meeting you, Poodle&Buzilla,Cuda, and/or any who are close by. Dinner at a good seafood joint would be cool&we could swap Donzi Stories.(My fav? Snappers in Key Largo, near Key Largo Boating Center,where we bought the ZF a year ago.)
It may not work itself out, but let me know;It would be my pleasure to meet some of you,and we don't get 1500 miles away from home too often.

Magicallbill....

gcarter
11-28-2006, 05:49 AM
Nice shots Geo.
Jason,his girlfriend, and I will be in the Keys over the 1st week of Jan. I posted this on Budmann's new boat thread.
We'll try to make the Tortugas if the wind and seas co-operate while we're there,as we'll have Jason's 23 ZF in tow.
Provided we have enough money left to fuel the Center Console after our single-digit mileage run down from Indiana towing it, we'll do some crusing.
If you all want to, I'd dig meeting you, Poodle&Buzilla,Cuda, and/or any who are close by. Dinner at a good seafood joint would be cool&we could swap Donzi Stories.(My fav? Snappers in Key Largo, near Key Largo Boating Center,where we bought the ZF a year ago.)
It may not work itself out, but let me know;It would be my pleasure to meet some of you,and we don't get 1500 miles away from home too often.
Magicallbill....
If we can't make it to the Keys, maybe you could stop off in Leesburg on the way back up I-75. We're just 15 miles East of the Wildwood exit (just South of Ocala) and if you didn't have time for some boating in the Harris Chain, we could at least have lunch or dinner. Ya gotta eat ya know!!!:wink:

fegettes
11-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Nice shots Geo.
Magicallbill....

You can not get to the Keys without driving right past me. I am in Homestead at the last exit on the Turnpike. Let me know when you are coming through. I am always looking for an excuse to go down into the Keys.

Steve Fegette
281-728-1704

LKSD
11-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Geo,
The minx looks great! You lucky dog, It looks like you had a great trip! I wish I was there, I miss the keys... man the water down there is great.. You really got me droolin'!!

When I get my next Donzi (I may special order a new Zr) If I do maybe I will have to visit the Fatherland state to get som boating in before I'd bring it back!..lol :) Jamie / Lakeside