PDA

View Full Version : Black Widow Project

Lofty
11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
We had a customer bring this old dog in for a re-rig and face lift. Once we got her apart and gave him the final estimate he decided to pull the plug. He decided to just walk away from the boat (and his bill) so we ended up with her.
Seemed like a waste to sell the parts off and cut the hull sooooo....
Our latest project boat.

Lofty
11-27-2006, 04:34 PM
We stripped the hull down to the bare bones so we could start from scratch. The Bennet tabs will be replaced by new K Planes. We're installing a pair of rebuilt but bone stock 502 MPI's. Drives will be B1's. Interior is getting a face lift to match the exterior scheme. We'll put the ZX logo across the sun pad. I know... it's not a ZX but it'll give her an updated look. The panel is going in this week followed by the interior. Should have her all done by the end of the year.

vonkamp
11-27-2006, 04:57 PM
WOW:eek!: ! That IS quite a face lift. Looks great.

Lofty
11-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks! It helps to have a world class fiberglass, painter, and graphic artist on the payroll. We do projects like this all year for our customers. This one should turn out well. We started with a sound hull and everything else just bolts on.
Should be a great starter offshore!

Boatclinic
11-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Fantastic Job, Know you put alot of sweat and bandaids into it, Impressed by your Design Ideas, nice to see a fresh look to a Tired Boat, LOVE IT @!!!
Congratulations on a nearly completed project, Thanks for Posting it!.
Even if it isn't a ZX , unless your a Fan you could really fool people, We renovated a 88 Stinger and turned it into a ( Rumble Bee ) and people asked if it were made by Dodge! :confused: LOL
Don
www.Boatclinic.net

Lofty
11-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks! Most people will know it's not a ZX and we're not trying to fool anyone or else we would have glassed up the portholes. It is what it is we just liked the ZX logo and thought it would go well with the rest of the paint scheme.

Ed Donnelly
11-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Hard to believe its the same boat..Looks really cool now.
To bad you are 3,000 mi. away...........Ed

Donziweasel
11-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Lofty- What kind of performance do you think you will see when you are done?

glashole
11-27-2006, 07:47 PM
I know it would be a bit more work but why not put "Black Widow" on the sunpad?

or DONZI

just a thought

Shea

Lofty
11-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Donziweasel, I don't plan on getting better than 60 from her. It's a heavy hull and we're not planning on wkaing the motors up, just going to leave them stock. The plan is to build a good starter boat for someone.

glashole, We thought about that but the ZX logo just looks nicer (in our eyes) so we decided to go with that. The idea is to make the boat look a little newer.

Donzigo
11-28-2006, 07:35 PM
60 is about right, I think.

Donziweasel
11-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Looks great and I am sure it will sound nice with twin BB's. It will make someone a nice boat.

Lofty
11-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Donziweasel, how's the snow? We're thinking of a headuing up your way in mid Jan.

LKSD
11-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Lofty,
The boat is loking nice.. :) I like the yellow, it looks sharp! I think its a cool color for a boat.. :)

BTW:
I saw you guys are a paid advertiser on OSO (so am I).. You should really consider to be a paid advertiser on this site & help support it if your going to promote your marine business in your signature. (besides it's the right thing to do) I know the rates here are reasonable too.. Hell we've been a paid advertiser on this site for a long time.. I would have to imagine there are people on this site out your way for any services needed.. Besides, the more paid advertisers that there are here, the more reasonable/cheaper membership fees will be for people to access the site..

I am not trying to single you out..this goes for anyone. I know I am a paid member on other sites (not an advertiser on some) and I am not allowed to promote my business without being told about it by someone which I have. I forgot at times when I would post because I am so use to being an advertiser and mentioning my business. It is an innocent mistake for most.

:) Jamie / Lakeside

Lofty
11-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Jamie, Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate your position on paying up for advertising. Honestly, I wasn't looking to promote our business here. We've got more work than we can handle as it is for this year. I just wanted to post some pics of the Donzi up and see what kind of response I would get.
That being said I absolutely agree that we should pony up for advertising. We advertise on many other sites and I do lurk here often.
I'm on it now:wink:

LKSD
11-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Lofty,
No problemo & thanks for not misunderstanding me :) .. Welcome to the site.. It would be great if you guys do go thru with a sponsorship here it will help everyone.:) :) jamie / lakeside