PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys get your "Powerboat" rag today? The one w/the 115 mph Donzi on front??

Carl C
11-25-2006, 05:46 PM
What a sweet boat and a great review too! The last paragraph sums it up: "The speeds that big, feature-packed V-bottoms are capable of these days are truly amazing. Even more remarkable is that the best of them can achieve those speeds without being a handful to drive. The Donzi 43 ZR is one of those boats. It's an upstanding member of an outstanding breed." Congrats to Donzi Marine. W/ Merc HP1075SCi's; $626,466. Where's my wallet?:alligator

yeller
11-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Where's my wallet?
If you've got $600k in your wallet, it should be pretty easy to find. Hopefully it's not all 1's. :biggrin.:

CHACHI
11-30-2006, 05:51 AM
Carl, received my copy yesterday and it is a great article,but what is acutally better than reading about the 43 footer was riding in it. For those of you who know me, you may recognize the hairline.
Was invited to the Powerboat Trials last month in Sarasota, had a wonderful 2 days and it gives you a whole new perspective of what it takes to publish one one these monthly magazines.

Ken

Walt. H.
11-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Hi Ken,

Hope your summer was A-OK and for a invite like that I guess it was, i'd sure like to know how an invite like that fell into place but only if it isn't personal.

Other then that i'm still waiting for my issue to arrive, and i'll have to get you to autograph it for me one day with a celebrity type Sharpies pen. LOL:crossfing :jestera:

Walt:wavey:

MOP
11-30-2006, 11:44 AM
A little "Sucking Up" did'nt hurt!! Ok I know I will pay for that one:pimp:

Carl C
11-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Carl, received my copy yesterday and it is a great article,but what is acutally better than reading about the 43 footer was riding in it. For those of you who know me, you may recognize the hairline.
Was invited to the Powerboat Trials last month in Sarasota, had a wonderful 2 days and it gives you a whole new perspective of what it takes to publish one one these monthly magazines.
Ken Is that you in the magazine photos?:eek!: :eek!: Looks like Bob Teague driving. Did you find a way to keep the Powerboat Lifeline for a souvenier?:wink:

CHACHI
12-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi Ken,
Hope your summer was A-OK and for a invite like that I guess it was, i'd sure like to know how an invite like that fell into place but only if it isn't personal.
Other then that i'm still waiting for my issue to arrive, and i'll have to get you to autograph it for me one day with a celebrity type Sharpies pen. LOL:crossfing :jestera:
Walt:wavey:Walt, it was a great summer. Picked up the 22 early in the season, became a Grandpa in the middle of the Summer,(still trying to get over the fact that I am now sleeping with a grandmother,oh well),and finishing with a weekend in Sarasota. (While I was there, I did hook up with George Carter and his wife for lunch before he went to a wedding and Terri and I headed for the airport.)
The invite came through business connections and an offer from a very nice person who works for the owners of Powerboat.
Thanks for asking.
Ken

CHACHI
12-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Is that you in the magazine photos?:eek!: :eek!: Looks like Bob Teague driving. Did you find a way to keep the Powerboat Lifeline for a souvenier?:wink:Carl, that is Bob Teauge driving. Only employees of the rag can drive and with something that expensive perhaps only people with Bob Teauge's qualifications can drive. Lets put it this way, they didn't ask me if I would like to take the wheel.
I am sitting behind Bob with staff of the magizine. I am hoping that when the report on the 42' Sunsation is published ther will be a better photo.

I didn't get to keep the Lifeline, but thet did hook me up with some shirts and stuff. They must go through 18-20 shirts per day, getting colors to compliment the boat that they are testing. Never wearing a Lifeline before, I found to be extremely comfortable, even in 98 degree heat with 90+% humidity.

The photos that you see in the mag are taken at speeds up to 85, the helicopter is the issue at higher speeds. Action photos are taken in the early morning or late afternoon. All speed tests are done in the high noon sun. There were 3 of us in the Donzi when they did the handling and speed tests.
I was a blast.
Ken

Dr. Dan
12-01-2006, 06:48 AM
:wink: Ken... very cool, I read the article this morning...what an awesome experience indeed!

PowerBoat was down there a few years ago just as we all arrived for the Owners Rally at the Hyatt. We had a few hours to wait for them to finish up their Tests before we could use the Slips. It was kinda cool...

Actually I think the limited shots of you give you the Classic Mozart or Beathoven kinda look...very disinguished!

Be Well

Doc :smash:

Shanghied Again
12-01-2006, 08:25 AM
The 43 is an outstanding boat, I had the pleasure of driving her and she just crushes waves at 100mph you can serve drinks. Our 43ZR with 900s runs out at 108 and the 38ZR with 700s runs 106, I have ran the 38ZR in a Poker Run and she ran 90 mph at 4200 RPM passing everyone, wait until you see the DVD of all 3 ZRs running the Poker Run side by side.

Cuda
12-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Here's a picture of Lightning Marine's 43Zr's gps recall at PRA run. It has 1075's.

Walt. H.
12-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Walt, it was a great summer. Picked up the 22 early in the season, became a Grandpa in the middle of the Summer,(still trying to get over the fact that I am now sleeping with a grandmother,oh well),and finishing with a weekend in Sarasota. (While I was there, I did hook up with George Carter and his wife for lunch before he went to a wedding and Terri and I headed for the airport.)
The invite came through business connections and an offer from a very nice person who works for the owners of Powerboat.
Thanks for asking.
Ken

Ken,
That sounds real good to me, any better then that you'll have to be twins.
Don't worry about the grandma thing, i'm sure grandma feels about the same regarding "Grandpa"!:cool!:

Life is good and so was your summer, I can't complain about mine either cause I got my health back!

Catcha later Dinners on the table,
Walt

Barry Eller
12-03-2006, 10:17 AM
My Powerboat magazine came yesterday,12/2. I guess Florida is the last stop on their shipping list.

My wife loved the article about the "VOL NAVY". She is a UT grad and her mother still lives in Knoxville. She is all about taking the Donzi up for a game!

I'll look you up "Red Dog" when I get up there!

Walt. H.
12-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Barry,
I'm in NY and I still haven't received my copy so that means Fla isn't the last shipping stop, unless someone at my post office wanted to read my copy first?:splat:

Walt

CHACHI
12-04-2006, 07:09 AM
:wink: Ken... very cool, I read the article this morning...what an awesome experience indeed!
PowerBoat was down there a few years ago just as we all arrived for the Owners Rally at the Hyatt. We had a few hours to wait for them to finish up their Tests before we could use the Slips. It was kinda cool...
Actually I think the limited shots of you give you the Classic Mozart or Beathoven kinda look...very disinguished!
Be Well
Doc :smash:I guess I will have to start playing the piano.

Thanks, Ken

RedDog
12-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Just got mine and I loved the Vol Navy article and photos. The article is pretty correct with regard to the lack of performance boats. There are several on the lake but probably not as many as elsewhere - such as Lake Cumberland. For the Vol Navy outings, I suspect most performance boaters either drove their other big cruiser or their neighbor's cruiser - much easier to blend the margaritas on a cruiser.

Anyway - I did have my Donzi there for a couple of games - just not the Cal game the article covered.

Here is an old video of when I ferried the ESPN video crew prior to the 2001 (???) LSU game - http://www.donzi.net/video/GTESPN.mpg

MOP
12-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Ken

Talk about a hair line for those of you that do not know Mr. Ken he will say he is the "Good Looking" one in the middle below!

Tim Morris
12-05-2006, 09:20 AM
...ain't nobody goin' short of a meal in that pic.

Carl C
12-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Don't fret over the hair line. It happens to the best of us. You should see my "Donzi do" after a fast run; gotta keep a comb handy! Or we could all go for the Bob Teague look.:eek!:

Pismo
12-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Got mine today, 12/6, cool Donzi. I think my postman likes to read it first......