PDA

View Full Version : HI-TEK FORD HEADERS Group BUy

mphatc
11-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Folks,

I'm going to order a set of these . .SBF and am contemplating becoming a USA distributor for these . . or try to arrange a group buy . .

Is there anyone else who maybe interested in these?

Mario

BigGrizzly
11-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Mario show us a picture. these may be the kind that moody blue was into awhile ago.

mphatc
11-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Randy,

Yes these are the ones that Moody Blue is running on his 351
They are the only headers available for a SBF w/o getting a divorce . . . !

http://www.hitekmarine.com.au/ford.htm

Mario

BigGrizzly
11-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Actually CMI would make then but not at that price. Brogch tried that but didn't get any takers. Too bad because what is available except for some cast iron PCM and Osco are all that is there. Good luck.

Sam
11-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Are these any different from a performance standpoint let's say from Stainless Marine or CMI, or is it just that they will fit SBF ?

THX
S.P.

mphatc
11-25-2006, 01:04 PM
My initial interest was solely because they fit a Small Block Ford, but their other products are -similar- in performance to CMI and Stainless Marine.

Certainly their price is much less than CMI or Stainless Marine

EMI does not make anything for a SBF

CMI builds systems for $3500 for a SBF . . . Hitek is ~ $1500.00

Much less than what my rebuild is going to cost from bad exhaust manifolds!

Mario

Sam
11-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Gotcha :wink: ,

Tony
11-25-2006, 03:53 PM
He doesn't know it yet, but Jay Lurie of CT & Lake George might be interested!

Not that there is anything wrong with his trusty old Kodiaks...but over time, and especially if he does any saltwater (perish the thought), it may be an upgrade worth looking into. Plus, losing the weight of the cast iron would allow him to fit an extra passenger!

:beer:

jl1962
11-25-2006, 04:19 PM
OK - I'll bite.....

What's the advantage of this product over my Kodiaks for a 302 Ford?

1/4 of the weight of cast - how many lbs. is that?
$1500 ???? hmmmmm

Tony - we're all tiny!!!! The record is 7 ( 4 kids + 3 adults). Plenty of room for more, as it is I have to put rocks in my pockets on windy days!

Happy Thanksgiving all.....
JL

Tony
11-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Mario, Jay asks a good question. Other than weight, and the ss bling factor, are there any other advantages...such as longevity or horsies?

If horsepower is gained, about how much and why?

Also, does the sound coming thru the thru-hulls sound the same?

:beer:

rustnrot
11-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Probably not as performance-minded but Barr does offer lightweight aluminum for SBF.

http://www.barrmarine.net/ford_smallblock/ford_small_block.htm

BigGrizzly
11-25-2006, 05:18 PM
I don't mean to down grade these but they do not perform as well as CMI. There is more going on in the CMI than just the tubes. These may be the best Ford hedders available to date. they are light and have been around for a couple of years before Blue got them. These guy use to been into sprint boat racing. For those who don't know this is short course jet boat racing with so many turns you need a navigator to tell yoy to go left or righr next. I frlt if I ever needed another set for mine I would go this route. My boat has sport tube and is a Cleveland block. the Barr are similar to the PCM type infact the same measurements mainly for the mastercraft crowd.

mphatc
11-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Basically the Hiteks offer a header design with something close to an equal length tube for each cylinder.

I agree with Randy. CMI's are likely better, but the cost is $2K more . . beyond my means . . and I don't want another cast manifold in a log style, and a center rised cast iron set will weigh to much. The Barr Marine set up is likely to restrictive and ugly . . yes the bling factor matters ..if I am loosing the original H&M parts which are all newly powder coated.

My 18 Corsican has a Bravo I and I'm looking to trim some weight and gain power. Simply put I want the most bang for the bucks I'm willing to spend.

Hopefully Moody Blue will chime in here .

Mario

wrussellw
11-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Any guess on the weight savings, hp increase. Looks like if will fit under my hatch on the 16 no problem. I am running a 351w, the bling factor for 1500.00 is worth considering.

vonkamp
11-26-2006, 09:17 AM
I would probably be interested in a set in a few months.
Bling...Must have bling. :yes:

Morgan's Cloud
11-28-2006, 06:51 AM
Mario ,
How did you get a price per set of $1500 ? That's a giveaway.
My FIRST cost back in 2003 was about $2700 and you don't want to know what UPS from OZ costs not to mention local taxes !
Still , cheap insurance on a $30,000 engine package .
Steve

Jeff V
12-03-2006, 06:21 PM
I put them on my sb 302 OMC when I rebuit it last year. Well made, good fitting and good performance specs over stock exhaust. Very close fit with taller than stock valve covers and they take several hours to install because of the tight clearances. Overall I'm very happy with them. The people at HiTek were a pleasure to deal with. I had to modify the cast fuse assembly with a new bracket to accomodate them.

mphatc
12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Steve,

My price is approximate . . I'm looking to pull enough folks together to do a dealership purchase with them . . The $1500 US is very close . . . from my last communications . .

Jeff,
Just how close was your clearance to the rocker covers ?.. I run roller rockers and need the clearance .. H&M rocker covers with 1" risers under.

Mario

Jeff V
12-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Mario,
I have roller rockers also. I've tried a couple of different valve covers and they won't fit. Just too tall and they hit the manifolds. The stock covers provided a short term hill billy type solution. I used two 3/8 gaskets to make the necessary clearance. I planned on finding something more permanent but the boating season came (and went). The clearance is close enough that you have trouble trying to tighten the valve cover nuts with the manifolds on.
Jeff

mphatc
12-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Jeff,

Looks like Hi Tek in this application will require a spacer between the heads and the manifold . . these are available to me from a manufacturer here in the USA made of Stainless Steel

I believe Moody Blue had this problem, and I need to solve it as I do want access to my rocker adjustments w/o having to pull the manifolds!

Mario

MOP
12-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Jeff,
Looks like Hi Tek in this application will require a spacer between the heads and the manifold . . these are available to me from a manufacturer here in the USA made of Stainless Steel
I believe Moody Blue had this problem, and I need to solve it as I do want access to my rocker adjustments w/o having to pull the manifolds!
Mario

Mario you are 100% Broque went through the same deal, some of that nice blue silicone hose will handle the offset.

Phil

Jeff V
12-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Mario,
The solution is so obvious...now that you mention it. I'd be interested in getting a set of spacers also if you could provide your source. I assume you'd use two gasket sets. I'd definitely preassemble to make sure the lonnger studs you will need match up OK with the manifold and you can get the nuts on. The clearance is bitchly tight.