PDA

View Full Version : Which Events Will You Be Attending in 2007?

Dr. Dan
11-24-2006, 09:32 AM
:spongebob I thought it might be fun over the Winter to post what Events we all might be attending in 2007. Just to get a gauge of the upcoming Season and to sorta Pre Plan your attack on the next Donzi Season, list the Events you think you will be attending and what boat you will be bringing!

Here's my list of Events I will likely attend, there may be more, but I am reasonably certain of these:

Awakening of the Ponies May 17-20
Lake George Classic DustOff June 14-17
4th of July Trek to Westside of Michigan
Lake Winnie Donzi Poker Run July 26-29
Lake George Fall Picnic Sept 7-9
or Rock The Bay Poker Run Sept 7-9
Owners Rally Sarasota late Sept/early Oct

:wavey: So that's the current list...in between those dates I will be in the Chesapeake Bay, Lake Anna Virginia or exploring new areas...so ...

What's In Your Wallet? .....

Doc of the Bay :beer:

Last Tango
11-24-2006, 10:58 AM
A semi-official listing of the major events that the SouthEast Area Donzi Owners Group (SEADOGs) generally attend each year. You will see there is plenty of room in the schedule for more events, but generally these are the biggies.

January 1st - Each year the SEADOGS take this special day to prove that the boating year begins on DAY ONE of the calandar by boating in their home waters and then pissing off the folks up north with pictures.
February 15-19: Madpoodle kicks the events calendar year off every February by hosting the SEADOGS at the Miami Boat Show
March 24: TidBart leads the gang each March to the Mt. Dora Wooden Boat Show. LUNCH STOP SATURDAY - THE CRAZY GATOR
April 7-8: SEADOGs RTB at Porkey's Landing
May 17-20: Bolts from the MidWest Donzi's hosts one of the largest Donzi gatherings each year at AOTH in Cumberland, KY.
June 1-2: Last Tango hosts the SEADOGS along with all other DONZI owners at the Angel Aid Poker Run in Jacksonville.
June/July/August - SEADOGS do thier Northern Tour swing to catch events with their Northern Bretheren,
Labor Day Weekend, August 31- September 3: Forrest hosts at Lake Eufaula. The oldest and proudest Donzi Gathering in the South East. Eufaula IX will be held from Friday, August 31 through Monday September 3, 2007, with almost everyone arriving in the afternoon or evening of Friday, and leaving Monday. Lakepoint State Park and Resort. http://www.alapark.com/parks/park.cfm?parkid=18
September 29 - October 1: Mike Miller hosts the one and only best Donzi event of the year in Sarasota at the Donzi Hometown Gathering, which is supported in many ways by the Donzi Factory.
November 17-18: Last Tango fullfills his duty as Supreme SEADOG by scheduling the annual "Return to Home Waters" event somewhere on the St. Johns River. In 2007 we will be doing this event at Crystal Cove Marina and Resort. www.themooringsatcrystalcove.com and will run the 2007 SEADOGs Toys for Tots Run to a very popular restaurant on the water.

Donziweasel
11-24-2006, 06:05 PM
June of 2007- Lake Powell, 18C, Moomba Ski Boat, 16C.

Wish I could do AOTH, but have a schedule conflict in May.

Cuda
11-24-2006, 06:11 PM
We plan on the Miami Boat Show, Mt Dora, and the Hometown Rally. Hopefully Eufala too.

undertaker
11-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Miami Boat Show?? (No Boat)
Awakening of the Horses
Chesapeake Bay (Elk Rver) July 8th -15th
Lake Winni Poker Run
Lake George Fall Picnic or Rock the Bay
Hometown Rally

All in between event times will be on the Chesapeake Bay and maybe a trip or two to Lake Wallenpaupack.:) :) :) :yes: :yes:

Undertaker:bonk:

Cuda
11-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Depends upon football schedule
Various Seadog events.. Eufaula IF the football schedule allows...
: :eek:
You might be busy still looking for a new coach.:eek!:

yeller
11-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Not too much in the way of Donzi events on the west coast but I will attend:

2nd annual Lake Powell, AZ gathering (date still to be determined).
Harrison Lake Poker Run (BC) August 10-12 www.harrisonlakepokerrun.com
Hopefully there will be NW Donzi meet somewhere.

DON N.
11-25-2006, 03:36 AM
Lake George
Winnie
Lake George, So Far .

glashole
11-25-2006, 07:41 AM
1000 isles
(everyone should come to this one you don't know what you are missing)
lake george

rest to be announced

Lenny
11-25-2006, 03:49 PM
AOTH (fly in, boatless)

Vancouver Island POKER RUN (in boat) :)

Thousand Isles (fly in, boatless)

Arizona for the 2nd Event and houseboat freakshow (in boat) :D

Key West WORLDS but at Teatable Key or something completely different hopefully with boat in tow :D

boldts
11-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Hummmm - Boatless to all at this point.

Start it off with AOTH in KY
The rest of the summer is up in the air at this point. If the folks up in MI get together, I can see me getting there and I've always wanted to see 1000 Isles. Other highly prized events I haven't been able to attend yet are both Lake George and Lake Winni. So many places...
I haven't been to the TX PK gathering yet either. Lived in Houston for a while. I know many of the owners attending this gathering from them coming up to AOTH. I'd like to get down there to visit on their turf.
I'd love to get back down to the Home Town Rally in Sarasota. Mike Miller is a fantastic organizer and was the biggest influence in bringing Donzi to AOTH. It's been a wonderful relationship ever since.
Key West.....Haven't been there in a number of years. I'd like very much to see it again with good friends.

As a note, the Midwest Donzi Club is considering a Fall gathering on LOTO done during the beginning or end of the weekdays. Gives you the opportunity to come early or stay late over the weekends if you care to try the waters then. I've been contacted by Big Thunder Marine and they are very interested in helping with a gathering on their lake. So, West Coast owners, interested? It's just a thought at this point, but if interest is shown, I'll see if we can make it happen. There are many who help me with AOTH and I feel they are like me, presidents of MW Donzi Club. So, it's something for us all to think about with club monies going into another gathering.

Donziweasel
11-27-2006, 12:44 PM
I am also interested in 1000 isles and Texas Round up. Where is the 1000 isles? When? How about Texas? I know the Texas event is in the fall.

MOP
11-27-2006, 08:22 PM
This will be the 5th 1K run and quite a few of us are planning on it, in my 60+ years I have boated a lot of places. There is no other place with so many fascinating places to go and to see, I have been going up to 1K for about 12 years now and not once have I not found something new and exciting. Not only have I enjoyed the company of my Donzi Buds but have also met some of the nicest people in that area, it without doubt the very best place for a family boating excursion. You can cruise and do some fantastic sight seeing or you can raise hell on the river, there is usually a BBQ or a mellow afternoon of drinking. Usually both at one of the local buds places or on my buds islands. There is something there for everyone even if we happen to get crappy weather you will not be bored! There are mid evil castles one with ghosts, one of the finest antique boat museums. Bring your passports and explore some of the towns on the Canadian side, we have quite a few Canadian members that I am sure can give input for their side of things. At this point we are talking the weekend before Winni or mid August, we need to check with the Edgewater Resort about availability depending on other planned events. It has been home base for the last few event and has great dockage and is just a few minutes from town. Once we get our act together we will start a dedicated 1K post, we are still in the talking stages in fact just hung up with ine of the fellow organizers. For you out of town folks we have one bedroom available at a Kenny's cottage first come first serve and can also make a run to pickup some people at the airport in Syracuse.

Phil

Dr. Dan
11-28-2006, 05:01 AM
This will be the 5th 1K run and quite a few of us are planning on it, in my 60+ years I have boated a lot of places. There is no other place with so many fascinating places to go and to see, I have been going up to 1K for about 12 years now and not once have I not found something new and exciting. Not only have I enjoyed the company of my Donzi Buds but have also met some of the nicest people in that area, it without doubt the very best place for a family boating excursion. You can cruise and do some fantastic sight seeing or you can raise hell on the river, there is usually a BBQ or a mellow afternoon of drinking. Usually both at one of the local buds places or on my buds islands. There is something there for everyone even if we happen to get crappy weather you will not be bored! There are mid evil castles one with ghosts, one of the finest antique boat museums. Bring your passports and explore some of the towns on the Canadian side, we have quite a few Canadian members that I am sure can give input for their side of things. At this point we are talking the weekend before Winni or mid August, we need to check with the Edgewater Resort about availability depending on other planned events. It has been home base for the last few event and has great dockage and is just a few minutes from town. Once we get our act together we will start a dedicated 1K post, we are still in the talking stages in fact just hung up with ine of the fellow organizers. For you out of town folks we have one bedroom available at a Kenny's cottage first come first serve and can also make a run to pickup some people at the airport in Syracuse.
Phil

So Phil, I take it that your Paragraph to describe your attendence of the 1000 Islands Event means that is on your list? How about listing the other Events you might attend? Like the ones that are in your back yard like Lake Winnie or Lake George? I have never understood why you don't make an appearence at either of those?

BTW I agree, 1000 Islands is absolutely beautiful... but this is a "Thread to List what Events you will attend in 2007" not an advertisement for a single Event! Just trying to keep it on track! :wink:

CHACHI
11-28-2006, 05:59 AM
I will definatly be at the 1K Islands event, possibly Mt Dora in March, George Carter says that this is a must see event, and I am hoping to attend the Owners Rally in Sarasota.

Ken

CHACHI
11-28-2006, 06:08 AM
I am also interested in 1000 isles and Texas Round up. Where is the 1000 isles? When? How about Texas? I know the Texas event is in the fall.DW, the Thousand Islands are in the St. Lawrence River, which starts at the Northeast corner of Lake Ontario. The river is the border between the USA and Canada for the first 150 or so miles.
Bring a passport, I am sure that there will be seats available. Crystal clear water and that time of year it is very swimable. Old castles and huge Victorian houses built at the turn of the century, makes you wonder how many people the owners of the estates exploited to get these places built. A wonderful place.
Ken

MOP
11-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Qoute: Dr. Dan

So Phil, I take it that your Paragraph to describe your attendence of the 1000 Islands Event means that is on your list? How about listing the other Events you might attend? Like the ones that are in your back yard like Lake Winnie or Lake George? I have never understood why you don't make an appearence at either of those?

Dan I would like to make more events but I must be free to take care of my business on the week ends, this forces me to combine my vacation with the event or miss it all together. Donzi or no Donzi I will go to 1K every year until they cover me over.

Phil

Donziweasel
11-28-2006, 10:40 AM
I have only owned my Donzi since July and been on the boards since August, so you will have to excuse me for not being up to date on events. I really want to meet more of you since everyone has been so nice and helpful (even when I said something I probably shouldn't or made myself look like an ass)since I joined up. I know about AOTH, Lake George, and of course Lake Powell (more of you east coast guys ought to consider this one!). I am free possibly in May, defintely June (except 3rd week for Powell), July, August, first 3 weeks of Septmeber. What other events are good ones? What does everyone mean by enough "seat" for 1000 Isles? How about texas? Any others I should consider?

glashole
11-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Doc

If my club holds a series of small events every weekend does that mean for every one that I attend I can get 10% off merchandise? :confused:

just wondering

Shea

MOP
11-28-2006, 12:37 PM
SEAT! Means no boat not a problem there is always room in someones rig!

fasttrucker
11-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Jackson Marine "all-Donzi" Poker Run:) I think this will be my 6th year.Then maybe to Bryans in V.A. to run in his boat clubs poker run event,hampton roads.I dont think that would be too-far to tow.I run a lot during the week and weekends.I spend all of my money locally,but if I have any left then to Sarasota for the hometown party.I may just have to fly-in.

Donziweasel
11-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks for clarifying the "seats" thing. I think it would be hard to attend an event without my boat. I think I would be jealous as hell not having it. It is great that you guys make room for those who can't bring thier boats. I love a good road trip and nothing is too far for me as long as it is in the lower 48 and lower Canada. Any other good ones I should try and make? I am open to anything. Might be able to do AOTH since my May bonefishing flyfishing trip might be in trouble. Just worried about logs after reading about it as I will hopefully bring my new 18C.

boxy
11-28-2006, 06:00 PM
N/E Donzi Club get together at the AC Boat Show - early Feb
N/E DC - Canada meets SeaDog - Miamuh - mid March
N/E Donzi DSPR - 1000 Islands - early summer
Lake Winni - United Nations Round Table II
Poker Runs America 1000 Islands Poker Run - mid August (with maybe a N/E Donzi Day thrown in)
Lake George Fall Picnic
Hometown Rally - (maybe a little getaway for Lou and I)

and I'm sure a few more get togethers thrown in for good measure......

Dr. Dan
11-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Dan
If my club holds a series of small events every weekend does that mean for every one that I attend I can get 10% off merchandise? :confused:
just wondering
Shea

Shea, I actually dropped that promotion due to overwhelming lack of response. I actually have our Towels finished so I can hook you up with them...they turned out incredible!

I think you will always be eligible for a Special Dr. Dan Lose Money Price...so I would not worry about it. Just email what you want and we will work something out.

:eek!: Kisses to Tina!

Doc of Inappropriate Behavior :cool!:

smokediver
11-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Lake Winnie again for sure .. Always fun hanging out with the good doctor !

Z-Man
11-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Donziweasel,
The Texas Roundup is at Possum Kingdom. I went for the first time last year and met some of the best people and had a blast! If you can make it, it is a great time. Hopefully I will make my first trip to Powell in June.

Dr. Dan
11-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Lake Winnie again for sure .. Always fun hanging out with the good doctor !

John ...you are always welcome.... and of course your own Boat Minx of Choice...:eek!: Please give her my best of course.... :wink:

Although it was nasty rough and hotter than a Mutha! I had a great time....maybe next year we could tear it up a bit more... I plan on going up earlier in the week to enjoy the Lake while it's less crowded.

Culotta and I had the best Run Ever on Thursday Night coming back from Wolfboro.... to meet up with Woodsy!

Doc of the Bandits :beer: :spongebob :wavey:

Air 22
12-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Lake George Dust Off...vacation Week...:wink:
Winni
Rock The Bay ..possible
Owners Rally
Other local spots such as Smith Mt. Lake in Roanoke, VA ...Lake Norman in Charolett, NC... Lake Gaston, Lake Kerr on the NC VA Border...anyone in these area's please look me up:wink::beer: :beer:

need for speed
12-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Lake George for sure this year! ( maybe alone):wink: :eek!:
Owners Rally

fasttrucker
12-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Iam thinking about not renewing my reg./tag on my trailer(saving the money) do you think anyone would notice?I tow from my lot to the ramp(dont need a tag for that) and to the gas station.Also to baltimore in the spring and back.Do any of you long hauler guys run with a expired plate?:crossfing

need for speed
12-09-2006, 02:25 PM
:wink: I always just pay the few $ saves a lot of time when you get stoped

Dr. Dan
12-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Iam thinking about not renewing my reg./tag on my trailer(saving the money) do you think anyone would notice?I tow from my lot to the ramp(dont need a tag for that) and to the gas station.Also to baltimore in the spring and back.Do any of you long hauler guys run with a expired plate?:crossfing

Bill, I am not sure how much it is...but I would expect it to be negligible compared to a gauranteed Ticket if you do get pulled over. I agree...its kinda pointless living as close as you do...but you should get it renewed and come up to Lake Winnie or the 1000 Island Event... and Trailer that Puppy ... Besides ...I am sure MOP would love a ride in your 28!

Doc of Outlaws:wink:

DAULEY
12-09-2006, 07:58 PM
in wisconsin we dont need trailer tags

roadtrip se
12-10-2006, 02:27 PM
in wisconsin we dont need trailer tags

where my boat is located, but I wonder what happens when you take the boat across state lines or through customs like I do on a regular basis?

I'll avoid the hassle and just tag her in Michigan and skip the extra scrutiny.

Jill and I will be at AOTH7 this year, everything else is up in the air right now.

BigGrizzly
01-02-2007, 08:25 AM
My plans are Miami Boat Show (wife is coming this time) ATOH, Lake George dust off, Eufaula, and Home Town Rally. I am thinking of having one here on Lanier too, especially if the Millers have a some sort of run here. Who knows what else may happen.

apollo24
01-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Definitely hitting Eufaula this year, hopefully some other Seadog events, job schedule permitting. Also hope to organize with the panhandle boys a Blue Angels Show/4th of July wknd roundup in Pensacola.

BERTRAM BOY
01-05-2007, 01:20 PM
My plans are Miami Boat Show (wife is coming this time) ATOH, Lake George dust off, Eufaula, and Home Town Rally. I am thinking of having one here on Lanier too, especially if the Millers have a some sort of run here. Who knows what else may happen.

Randy,
Are you bringing the Criter to Lake George? If so, there will be 5 Criterions at one event.

BigGrizzly
01-05-2007, 01:44 PM
BB that is the plane as of today Matty said something about a reunion. Plus Buzz and poobear are leaning on me too, wife doesn't know what to think. Maybe I Solas and Precision types to off set travel costs

Dr. Dan
01-18-2007, 09:49 PM
:wink: Whos going to AOTH VII ? Just curious....

Doc :bonk:

ITTLFLI
01-18-2007, 09:52 PM
:wink: Whos going to AOTH VII ? Just curious....
Doc :bonk:
Of course I will be at AOTH! :beer:
Also trying to plan a last minute departure to Miami, and 95% for sure we will be back to the Hometown Rally!!