PDA

View Full Version : 1996 22 Classic

ospreyproduction
11-24-2006, 08:02 AM
SOLD !!!!!!!!!
Very very very clean boat, freshwater only.
1996 22 Classic with a 454 Magnum / Silent Choice Exhaust /
Trim Tabs / Aluminum trailer in perfect condition/ Bravo one outdrive / Stainless drive shower / CD Player / Cockpit cover /
Brand New Sunbrella Full Cover with tie down for trailering. I also replaced they grey interior carpet with new teal colored carpet. It added a lot more color to the interior and looks incredible.
This boat is in excellent condition and has always been stored indoors. I'll have some additional photos on Saturday.
$23,500 FIRM
Link to pics: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46043
No trades
Ready for water test. Located on Lake Murray in Chapin South Carolina
803-743-7680 Lee

ospreyproduction
11-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Trying to upload pics.......but they don't show up. I posted a link instead.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46043

Donziweasel
11-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Couple of questions-
1. What horse is your 454?
2. It looks like you haven't had the boat that long, why are you selling?
3. What is the top speed?

ospreyproduction
11-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Couple of questions-
1. What horse is your 454?
2. It looks like you haven't had the boat that long, why are you selling?
3. What is the top speed?

I'm no I/O pro and can truely only tell you for sure that it is a 454 MAG, I was told that it was 345 HP but I'm not certain.

I can tell you for sure that it runs 69.3 on GPS. That's with a worked 23p Mirage 3 blade prop.

I actually love the boat and have always thought that the 22 Classic had some of the best looking lines on the water. That's why I bought it. I have always been a catamaran / tunnel hull / outboard guy and have decided that the 22 Classic is an awesome boat, but it's not the boat for me. I need to cruise at 80 and be near the 100MPH mark for WOT. I have had 4 boats that ran over 100 and I'm not looking to run that again but I'd like to be close.

I will tell you one thing that I thought would never happen, the Donzi has converted me to be an I/O guy. I love the reliability, the deep rumble, the silence at times (with the silent choice exhaust), and the lack of 2 stroke oil smoke that the I/O provides. The Donzi, in reality may be on of the coolest boats I'll ever own. My brother said it best, "It's like having the sweetest classic car with big block sound. It get's more respect at the gas station and in the marinas than most huge V-hulls and no one can deny it's looks". He'll be dissapointed to know I'm selling it.

I am looking for a 26' American Offshore or 25 Talon with I/O power. My OB friends think I have fallen off the deep end but I now prefer the I/O. If you here of anything out there or know of anyone that may be selling theirs, please send them my way.

The Donzi looks to be sold, I am currently waiting on a deposit.

ospreyproduction
11-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Here's a pic of the motor. Totally stock 1996 454 Mag. I'm sure that someone out there know much more than I do about the actual HP. I know that it runs extremely well and sounds great.

MCW101
11-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Did You Sell It Yet??

ospreyproduction
12-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Sold. Back up to Michigan, and confidant that it will be well cared for.