PDA

View Full Version : Interior Recommendations ??

Bug
11-21-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm interested in replacing the interior of my '82 18' 2+3. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to contact ? I'm looking to replace the two bucket seats and the wrap around rear seat.
Thanks in advance.

Kirk
11-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Do a search on Bilt-Rite....

Speak to Bob after you find the contact info. I understand that they are in the process of closing up shop. So, if you are interested you had better act quickly.

Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

KJ

Cuda
11-22-2006, 08:25 AM
I believe Bob is only going to keep doing covers and carpet if I'm not mistaken.

Cuda
11-22-2006, 08:29 AM
It's really too bad, because he made some beautiful stuff.

justleft
11-22-2006, 10:48 AM
I just talked to Bob (Bilt Rite) and he is doing carpets and covers only.

He is making me carpet for the '22c !!!

Boatclinic
11-24-2006, 03:16 PM
We can do your interior, Ck us out at www.Boatclinic.net
or call 904-771-8170 ask for Don

Boatclinic
11-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Scott
I build all patterns ourselfs, We can build about anything, We do like to have the Boat here at our shop normally. We just built an interior for a 71 Donzi and shipped to N.J. I spoke with Bob @ Built-Rite many times this year. Usually we find the foam is weak or shot from 30 years of use. Normally we find the foam needs to be replaced and if the new foam is not cut exactly as before it will not conform. We have been building custom interiors for 10 years and have lots of references.
We like to have the customer send the old seats, and if needed we will teach them how to make a pattern. We have all capabilities to Fabricate the entire interior. We use alot of pictures and can design an interior from a Match book cover idea, we have built them from drawings from placemats. The original 70s interiors were not that complex.
I am in the process of restoring a 67 Formula Jr., there was no interior left. Just trees growing out of it. From all pictures I see they were almost Identical to Donzi's.
Don and crew
Give me a call 904-771-8170 to discuss your project.

knots2u
11-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Don, you should buy all the patterns and bucket seat molds from Bilt-Rite, or someone else should. That way there is no need to have the old interiors shipped in or the customers boat at your shop. Having the original patterns elimates the imitations.

Boatclinic
11-27-2006, 05:22 PM
SHOW ME THE MONEY:banghead:

knots2u
11-27-2006, 08:30 PM
No Guts, No Glory. :yes:

knots2u
11-28-2006, 04:39 PM
better yet,

HELP ME HELP YOU

BigGrizzly
11-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Don I may need to give you a call. I have avery rare Criterion that needs a real interior guy do. I need good marine covers at least as good as the old statsman stuff was, or was that before you were born(LOL). Some day my boat will be prestine now is just a little faster than the average bear.

Boatclinic
11-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Don I may need to give you a call. I have avery rare Criterion that needs a real interior guy do. I need good marine covers at least as good as the old statsman stuff was, or was that before you were born(LOL). Some day my boat will be prestine now is just a little faster than the average bear.
The rarer the better, I do alot of research to try to get to original look, as for my age? YA I got an AARP card, Does that help! LOL :)
Send picts and we can start reseaching design ideas, like to do my homework before I come to my shop, Makes it more fun!!

BigGrizzly
11-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Don I have a whit Criterion, with white with midium blue striping around the cusions. It also has tuck and role arm guardsarpundthe cocpits (twin witha walk through) I will discuss it in detail when I call. Price may be an issue but we can discuss it when I call. No price quoats will be fact in my mind untill you see the interior in person. Yes I do realise that you don't have patterns, because nobody does! Jon at the origional Bilt- Rite didn't either. I know because I called himas soon as I got the boat. So I decided to enjoy the heck out of the boat first. Now it is time to put it into definition of the word CRITERION! Thank you for the responce.

Tony
11-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Looks like Don may be the new Bob. It will be interesting to hear the feedback once several people have tried Racine Desigh, Inc. (http://www.boatclinic.net/)

Sure, it would be sweet if Don had all the Donzi patterns...but I am pretty sure that Bob is not going to just give them to him!

:beer:

BigGrizzly
11-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Tony, rember an 18 is an 18 and a 16 is a 16 and a Corsican is a Corsican If you have one you have all. If he is as good as he says it won't take long.

vonkamp
11-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Don,
I see you are in Jax. I'm in Green Cove. Do you have the patterns for Donzi? If not, mabey I can help you help some people here. I have what I believe to be the correct front & back seats for my 18. would it help if I brought my stuff over for you to measure out? If so, pm me or e-mail.
Cheers,
Barry

Rootsy
11-30-2006, 06:31 AM
it is my understanding (from bob of course) that these interiors are made in such a way that they shape the foam when it is put inside and covers pulled tight... the vinyl and stitching are used to make the seat shapes, curvatures, etc.... Most interior places i have dealt with for automobile crap think 180 opposite... this is where reverse engineering or existing patterns become important in order to get correct fit, shape and look...

It is also my understanding that there are at least 2 styles (old and new) of interior for the 18 and 3 for the 16... if you want to be picky....

J

Boatclinic
12-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Don,
I see you are in Jax. I'm in Green Cove. Do you have the patterns for Donzi? If not, mabey I can help you help some people here. I have what I believe to be the correct front & back seats for my 18. would it help if I brought my stuff over for you to measure out? If so, pm me or e-mail.
Cheers,
Barry
Barry
I would love to see your interior, you can never learn too much.
I noticed from Rootsy that there are alot of different types of styles, He is right! I see alot of Auto guys doing boat interiors, Will tell you I have never done a Car Seat ,only Boats, my wife and I have been at for 25 Years.
All we do is Custom, sorry we do not have a production line , Every person is a different size or shape. Requests for add a little here or the famous ( Make it Comfortable).
Want it original? We can do our best to match what it was! My wife is very picky / no / anal / no / meticulus. As long as we have fun doing this and the customers are happy we've done our job.

DAULEY
12-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Randy
we are restoring Brians critter if you need a interior let me know we have the patterns done willpost pixs on momday or tue when we install it in the boat
next friday seatrial
bob

BigGrizzly
12-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Dauley, like to see the pictures . Everyone; I talked to Don today and one of his new be installers( he says he has only been doing this for 6 years). After talking to him and leaving my number Don called me back. This guy is the real deal. He sounds just like John the origional owner of Built-Rite, whom I had the pleasuer talking to when he did my Corsican interior. He has the same where-with all that John had. They also can get the gel coat done too. I won't give prices out because like he said all jobs are different. I don't want someone to say "Griz said...". However If he wants to tell you its ok with me. Is he better than the average bearm, I think so. When I worked for honda we had local US vendors that I got involved with when I did the QC cordinator job and Don has his act together.

vonkamp
12-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Don,
I'll call you next week about dropping by my interior off.
Cheers,
Barry

Boatclinic
12-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Sounds Good, See ya next week:)
Don
www.Boatclinic.net