PDA

View Full Version : miami boat show

bob haver
11-21-2006, 03:32 PM
hey guys anybody know the date of the show and who's going???????

Jerry Eisele
11-21-2006, 07:39 PM
I've booked the flights for myself, Diane and Donzichick. I can't wait!!!!! We are really looking foreward to the warm weather. It's going down to 20 tonight!!!:wink:

bob haver
11-21-2006, 08:07 PM
thanks scott for the info . i really plan on going this year sounds &looks like alot fun:wink:

zimm17
11-22-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm flying in the 13th, and plan to hit the show opening day on the 15th. Is there going to be a Donzi meet up somewhere?

Greg

ChromeGorilla
11-22-2006, 07:05 AM
Chromegorilla will be in full effect again this year.....:yes:

ChromeGorilla
11-23-2006, 12:20 PM
I'll warn the sprinkler repairman he's gonna be busy the week after the show....
AGAIN :bonk: :smash: :yes: :wink: :wink:

Don't look at me kemosabe.....

Cuda
11-23-2006, 01:50 PM
We gonna do the same run too?

BigGrizzly
12-05-2006, 06:51 PM
I will be there as well as Lady Grizzly. First time for her. I actually have company this time. we are flying down in El Jeepo on wensday

DonziChick
12-11-2006, 09:59 PM
I've booked the flights for myself, Diane and Donzichick. I can't wait!!!!! We are really looking foreward to the warm weather. It's going down to 20 tonight!!!:wink:

Yep! We'll be there! I've never been to the boat show and am looking forward to seeing you guys again :D

and did I hear the words "Tiki bar"? :party:

Dalelama
01-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm willing to host (guide) a group on a downtown Miami evening run... lots of bars & resturants, and an incredable view of the city lit up at night....

Safe navigation and clean waters... been doing it, incident free, for over 30 years...

Female friendly run...........

Think about it............

Budmann
01-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Hmmmmmm... this is starting to sound like fun!!!

Is there a definate run planned???:confused: :confused:

I have my baby running PURRRRRFECTLY and would love to have a reason to get it wet again.

Jerry Eisele
01-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Bud, Is Jodi going to make the show??
Diane, Donzichik and I will be at the show on Thur. and Fri. and we are looking foreward to Poodles run on Sat. We are up for anything!! I'm ready for some sun and warm air!:cool:

zimm17
01-05-2007, 10:30 AM
I don't suppose anyone will have room for myself and little brother for the south miami beach run? I'll be staying at my aunt's place on dilido island on the venetian causeway. She has a dock...
If not, how about just a meeting time/place for us not bringing our donzi's down? Ideally a good waterfront bar/restaurant where we can drink, gawk, and show off the donzis!

catch 22
01-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Gina and I will be going to the boat show on Friday and the run on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Did someone mention Tiki Bar?:yes: :cool!:

BigGrizzly
01-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Barb and I will be there. I will be at the show Thursday and Friday not shure if barb will be there both days. and saturday for the run.

GEOO
01-18-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm flying in Thursday night with my Dad and two brothers, going to the show Friday, Saturday the run. I'm open to any type of Keys trip. Have a boat for the run. (not a Donzi :garfield: ) Looking foward to seeing you guys and bumming some rides. I need a Donzi Fix have ridden in one for a year.

Ed Donnelly
01-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Geo; Nice to see you back on the Registry...
Its been awhile:) :) ....Ed

catch 22
02-05-2007, 08:15 AM
I think theres a few people (including Gina & I) that are looking forward to a Keys run. The run to Islamorada was one of the best trips we ever made in the 22. We might want to do the TIKI BAR @ Holiday Isles again since it might not be there much longer. The place has been sold :( :( :( :mad: . Just trying to get a game plan together. Black Point is a good place to launch (Just ask CHROMY):wink: . Don't want to put in much farther north because the 93 octane was in short supply. I don't want to have to use a push rope again. If I don't drive it like I stole it I should have enough fuel.:crossfing What do you all think?

roadtrip se
02-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I think theres a few people (including Gina & I) that are looking forward to a Keys run. The run to Islamorada was one of the best trips we ever made in the 22. We might want to do the TIKI BAR @ Holiday Isles again since it might not be there much longer. The place has been sold :( :( :( :mad: . Just trying to get a game plan together. Black Point is a good place to launch (Just ask CHROMY):wink: . Don't want to put in much farther north because the 93 octane was in short supply. I don't want to have to use a push rope again. If I don't drive it like I stole it I should have enough fuel.:crossfing What do you all think?

Hey Jim,

Are you going to bring the 22 to Cumberland this year or do I have to come to FLA to get it done?

You guys have fun planning runs to the Tiki Hut down there, while we watch the thermometer barely break over zero.

Na-Na-Nanook.... keeper of the very negative thermometer...

fegettes
02-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Jim, how fast do you run on these events? I would love to make the run, but, I do not have the engines swapped yet, and am afraid of slowing most people down.
Steve

Cuda
02-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Jim, how fast do you run on these events? I would love to make the run, but, I do not have the engines swapped yet, and am afraid of slowing most people down.
Steve
Don't worry about slowing people down, last year I didn't know it, but we had a plug wire off, so we were running on 7 cylinders all day, and still managed to keep up. Some people will rip ahead, then slow down. It's all good, and the best day I ever had on the water.

catch 22
02-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Don't worry about slowing people down, last year I didn't know it, but we had a plug wire off, so we were running on 7 cylinders all day, and still managed to keep up. Some people will rip ahead, then slow down. It's all good, and the best day I ever had on the water.
So plug that 8th wire in and let's go.You WILL be back home saturday night, even if you have to use my chevy to get there:crossfing. Steve, we would never leave you(NOT FOR LONG ANYWAY). Todd, Even though the supercharger LIKES COLD AIR, It also likes warm tropical air to:wink:.

fegettes
02-08-2007, 04:36 AM
Okay, I am good for Saturday.

Is there any kind of agenda for meeting at the Boat Show on Friday?

Steve

ChromeGorilla
02-08-2007, 05:43 AM
Arriving Wed eve. Boat show Thrs. and Fri. Keys run on Sat, depart Sun..... sounds like a plan to me! Oh..... I need to bum a seat in someones boat..... Damn Yankee actually got winterized for the first time this year....:mad: :boggled:

Bud????? Catch????? Bueller Bueller Bueller?????

ChromeGorilla
02-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Hopefully this time next week were doing the same thing as last year.....:yes:

Just to thaw everyone out and get amped for next weekend..... all the pics from last year are here..... I enjoyed seeing them again...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43772

Cuda
02-10-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm sure Poodle's sprinkler man will be relieved. :)

ChromeGorilla
02-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Now wait one minute! i always parked in his drive way.... the only boats I have seen on his lawn are yours and Air22's....:yes: :wink:

BUIZILLA
02-10-2007, 04:54 PM
sprinklers have been replaced by some tree's and shrubs...

Jerry Eisele
02-11-2007, 07:06 AM
GREAT pics Chrome!! We will be at the show on Thur. and Fri. and the run on Sat.....Can't wait, it's 10 outside and is going up to 30 today. I spent four hours yesterday covering a boat in Cleveland, on Lake Erie. It was 10 out, but sunny:lookaroun That warm weather sounds sooooooooooooooo good!!:yes:

fegettes
02-12-2007, 04:52 AM
Arriving Wed eve. Boat show Thrs. and Fri. Keys run on Sat, depart Sun..... sounds like a plan to me! Oh..... I need to bum a seat in someones boat..... Damn Yankee actually got winterized for the first time this year....:mad: :boggled:
Bud????? Catch????? Bueller Bueller Bueller?????

No worries. I will have room in my boat.

Steve

Last Tango
02-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm forced to make the bonsai run to the boat show this year. Aye Candy and I are driving down, Leaving Jax very early Saturday morning, arriving about noon, hitting the pertinent locations (Donzi, Fearless Yachts, Mercury Marine, Livorsi, Eddie Marine, Bennett Marine) and then bingo back to Jax about 6PM, for a pre-midnight approach.
We'll miss all of you doing the run to the Keys on Saturday, but the schedule can't be helped at this time. Can't leave Friday. Gotta be home late Saturday night. No desire to CPA Daytona on Sunday and deal with THAT crowd on I-95 (pre/post 500).
Better than not going at all.
Plus, a pleasant day with Aye Candy.

ChromeGorilla
02-12-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm forced to make the bonsai run to the boat show this year. Eye Candy and I are driving down very early Saturday morning, arriving about noon, hitting the pertinent locations (Donzi, Fearless Yachts, Mercury Marine, Livorsi, Eddie Marine, Bennett Marine) and then bingo back to Jax about 6PM, for a pre-midnight approach.
We'll miss all of you doing the run to the Keys on Saturday, but the schedule can't be helped at this time. Can't leave Friday. Gotta be home late Saturday night. No desire to CPA Daytona on Sunday and deal with THAT crowd on I-95 (pre/post 500).
Better than not going at all.
Plus, a pleasant day with Eye Candy.

your right better than nuthin at all.... you will be missed. Just FYI..... last year on the way home, I was rollin through Daytona while the race was in progress.... not a soul on 95.... easy truckin! :yes:

zimm17
02-12-2007, 05:07 PM
I'll be there Thursday for the show. Did anyone see that OSO (OffShoreOnly) forums is hosting a party? I don't know anything about it other than 8pm at the hotel on the 16th.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2007-2-16&e=637&c=1

Budmann
02-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Chrome, I would love to have you co-pilot!!!! Unfortunatly, I think I am going to visit my daughter in Indiana.

Yea, my %$&*&% X-wife took my daughter while I wasn't looking!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry!!!!

Bud

Jerry Eisele
02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Does any one know what time every one's meeting at Black Point Marina on Sat.?:lookaroun

fegettes
02-13-2007, 04:38 AM
Has anyone noticed the forecast for Saturday? High 60's for Saturday and maybe 70 for Sunday.

Jerry Eisele
02-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Thanks Poodle, We are getting up to 5" of snow and ice,:confused: and it's going down to 18 tonight! "60's sounds goooooooood"!!
Bud, sorry to hear about your daugter, drive safe, give your self some time, the Indiana weather is going to be a little rough!

catch 22
02-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Bud, sorry to hear about your daughter, drive safe
Scott, I'm glad to hear your gonna make it. When we get to Holiday Isle the Hot Chocolate and Clam Chowder is on me. Low's in the 40's, thats definitely supercharger weather.:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: Can't wait.

ChromeGorilla
02-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Bud, sorry to hear about your daughter, drive safe
Scott, I'm glad to hear your gonna make it. When we get to Holiday Isle the Hot Chocolate and Clam Chowder is on me. Low's in the 40's, thats definitely supercharger weather.:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: Can't wait.

Ahh hell.... after that run up the Ocklawaha 2 years ago we can take on anything! Remember how cold that was!?!?! Good times though!!!

Cuda
02-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Ahh hell.... after that run up the Ocklawaha 2 years ago we can take on anything! Remember how cold that was!?!?! Good times though!!!
Spoken like a true Yankee. I just watched our forecast. It's gone down to low thirties on Saturday now.:eek!:

Last Tango
02-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Yes, it may be chilly at night, but SATURDAY is going to awesome weather in Miami for those of you doing the run. Aye Candy and I will be at the show that day, inside. She was hoping to wear her little sun dress all day, but if it doesn't make it into then '70's when we are outside, then she will get goose bumps... etc...

DonziChick
02-14-2007, 11:01 AM
On our way!! (well.. in about half an hour)

Dad has to come pick me up in the Tahoe because my Miata sure as hell won't make it out of the driveway and I'm not certain even my 626 would with all of the ice and snow we have.

Our plane leaves out of Indy at 7:00 and we're giving ourselves LOTS of time to get there. We don't have much snow but lots and lots of ice.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

ITTLFLI
02-14-2007, 12:26 PM
All you Miami bound people have fun!! I am jealous!!

Make sure we get pics ASAP!!! I am stuck in the house with snow and ice everywhere!!!

BUIZILLA
02-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I guess you don't want to know it's 79* right now...

oh, and sunny....

oh, and a tad breezy

ITTLFLI
02-14-2007, 12:38 PM
I guess you don't want to know it's 79* right now...
oh, and sunny....
oh, and a tad breezy

are you talking(typing) :wink: i don't hear(see) anything!!

HAVE FUN!!

Cuda
02-14-2007, 02:57 PM
73 and beautiful here in Deland. It's also quite breezy here, I reckon it's the portent of the cold front. :(

DonziChick
02-14-2007, 03:09 PM
We'll be there soon! We're in the airport

Gotta love wireless!

catch 22
02-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Spoken like a true Yankee. I just watched our forecast. It's gone down to low thirties on Saturday now.:eek!:
So come down here saturday where it will be warm.:yes:

need for speed
02-14-2007, 09:40 PM
some good looking stuff .. Going over in the AM to have a look see...:yes:

ITTLFLI
02-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Some amazing paint/art work!! Not really my taste but great display of talent for sure!!

Make sure to get a pic of the Gen II Donzi ZRC :hyper: :cool!:

:bighug:

Sofa King
02-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Does Donzi validate?

need for speed
02-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Best part of the show....:wink:

Budmann
02-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Flew down Yesterday. Spoke to a bunch of friends in boat sales.

THEY SAID IT WAS VERRRY SLOOOOOOW!!!!!!:boggled: :boggled: :boggled:

Budmann
02-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Sorry Poodle!!! Came down with suits!! Never even made it inside. Looked at the "Floating Condos"!!!:):):)

Last Tango
02-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Aye Candy and I had a great time at the show yesterday. We chatted with Frank Civitano at the Donzi tent and spent hours enjoying the boats and fun people at the boat show. Near the end of the day, we stopped at the Teague Marine tent and there was Bob Teague hizzownslef right there chatting with folks. As we waited our turn to meet him, I explained in great detail to Aye Candy just exactly WHOM we were about to meet. Aye Candy decided waiting was not an option and she just strolled right up to Bob and introduced herself. Bob stopped chatting with the guy he was talking with, stuffed his tongue back in his mouth and talked with Aye Candy who immediately brought Bob over to meet ME! LOL! She, being the consumate interviewer, prodded Bob with snippits of info I had just given her moments before and got him talking all about his career and particularly about the major boat racing scenes that never made it to the theaters in the Miami Vice movie. Bob was totally entranced with Aye Candy. Told her she would easily qualify as Pamela Andersons double in the movies. And he had JUST finished a movie with PA and her double and Bob said Aye Candy was far better than the one they had. Appearantly, PA uses only doubles who are at least 5 years younger than her. HAHAHAHA.
Anyway, we really had a great time with Bob for about 30 minutes. I got some shots.

Cuda
02-18-2007, 07:09 PM
I think he is there every year. I know I saw him the last two times I was at the show.

ChromeGorilla
02-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Sorry Poodle!!! Came down with suits!! Never even made it inside. Looked at the "Floating Condos"!!!:):):)

yeah... he didn't feel like slumming it Saturday.....:wink:

ChromeGorilla
02-18-2007, 08:00 PM
And ya didnt say hi??
Traffic is off IMO... Could be the cold, could be the stagnant boat market..

Your right, but the one booth in my opinion, that had the largest crowds all weekend was the Donzi booth. And thats no exaggeration. Compared to the other performance booths, Donzi hands down had the most ooglers/shoppers/traffic.

BUIZILLA
02-18-2007, 09:25 PM
my credit card master photo biatch photog took some great pic's...

:wink:

I think I maxed out my c/c sometime between 6 and 7pm :yes:

donzist
02-18-2007, 09:37 PM
this might sound odd/stupid, but I cant finde the galleries???

pmreed
02-18-2007, 09:56 PM
donzist,
Look at the menu directly under the D in DONZI
registry at the top left of this page. Click the third button down.
Phil

donzist
02-18-2007, 11:24 PM
I cant see it, all I see is the menu and sponsors tabs in blue on the left and thelakeside restorations link below it. thats it.cant click in the menu/sponsors either. I also diabled my antivirus justin case....any advice?:confused: :confused: :confused:

pmreed
02-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Well, donzist, Below the big red Z is a menu with 10 buttons in it. If you don't see it and it's not your browser, it's possible that you don't have access as a registered user. Note that a lot of the posters have the designation "paid subscriber" below their handles. Scott, the board's owner, had said at one point that full access to all features might be limited to those who financially supported the board. Perhaps this is the case. He or one of the moderators could answer that question.

Phil

donzist
02-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Still don't know why it doesn' show up on anytihing below the menu tab on my computer. Check it out on another one and I was able to see the gallery just fine. Im trying ot work it out i guess...thanks for all the help.

zimm17
02-19-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm in the airport on the way back from the show. What an impressive event. I found a 18 and 22 foot classics hidden somewhere inside. The Donzi booth was impressive- nice boats and girls! I was in the middle of buying some donzi beer coolies including a couple of neato ones with suction cups on the bottom. Bob Teage was standing there- I asked if he used suction coolies during his boat tests- but he didn't think it was funny.

I'm trying to figure out how to get either an Imor marine or the new Merc 1200 engine in my 22'. Just kidding. I did see a cool looking marinized 572 chevy crate motor- I asked about the price- only $36,000.

The MTI bat boat was most impressive, as well as nor-tech's twin turbine cat.

The Cigarette girls were sooooo HOT that an old man collapsed and the MT's had to stretcher him out of the coral.

boxy
02-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Just got an email from FrankC, looks like the Typhoon guys were able to sneak away from the show for a couple of minutes today and snap some pics of their new ZRC.
Looks sweet.
Watch for a post soon..... :D