PDA

View Full Version : SEADOGs Toys for Tots run Dec 2, 2006

Last Tango
11-19-2006, 06:47 PM
We will gather at Goodby's Creek launch ramp (across the street from Hooters on San Jose Blvd at Baymeadows Rd, in Jax. (easy access from I-95, just Exit I-95 at the Baymeadows exit and go west until it ends at San Jose Blvd. Hooters is to your left. Turn left, cross the creek and turn left into the launch ramp parking area.) at 10:00AM for those that want some time to talk boat and peek into engine compartments before we go. Cheap gas is available at several locations within two blocks. Hooters in downtown Jax will be our lunch stop.
If the weather is nice we can add some distance to the run to Hooters downtown.
If the weather sux we can change the plan at the last minute, via e-mail, to another day. If we keep the event simple the change will affect folks very little.
Bring a $20+ toy, unwrapped, to donate to Toys for Tots. I will make the donation of the toys in the name of the SEADOGs.
Additional, "Entry Fee" will be $10 per boat and this cash will be used for one Poker Hand stake. It will be a single deck, 5 card draw, with two card max throw. Winner takes all. Cards will be delt at Hooters. If we get enough boats, the winner could win enough to pay for his gas that day.

Those who want to stay overnight somewhere can safely keep their boat at my house overnight. I have ample room for a minimum of 8 boat trailers with boats at my house. And I don't have any sprinkler heads to worry about.
La Quinta Inn motel is close and cheap. It is located on San Jose Blvd/Hartley Rd which is the Mandarin Exit of I-295. Make your reservations individually.

Latest weather forecast for Sunday, December 17th: clear skies, 72 deg. 0% chance of rain.

gcarter
11-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Hmmmm....is this event different from the Harris Chain event by the same name? It usually runs from hickory Point to Crazy Gators. The only thing about it I don't like is it's so short.
BTW, the idea of 50 to 70 performance boats in Dunns Creek at the same time is enough to make you think twice!!!!!!!
What do you think?

ChromeGorilla
11-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Yes this is the same event that was usually held on the Harris Chain of Lakes. just a different locale this year.

Cuda
11-20-2006, 06:01 AM
Yes, it's the same event. It was on the Harris Chain the last couple of years, it was on the St John's out of Sanford one year, and Palatka this year. I'm with George on this one. I think the idea of 50 to 70 boats running Dunn's Creek at the same time would be dangerous, especially with the speed difference between the boats. Some of the faster boats would be headed back to the St John's, while some of the slower boats would be still traveling towards the lake. Seems like a good recipe for disaster. As far as the distance of the run, it is much farther than the run on the chain the last couple of years. I sent Raceboat Rus an email with my concerns last night. I haven't heard back yet. Seems to me a run from Palatka to Porky's would be much safer, all of it would be in the river channel, and about the same distance.

WingWing
11-21-2006, 10:29 AM
I read about this on a few other sites. Just a guess, but 50-70 boats might be an understatement with speed and horsepower far exceeding driver experience in many cases. I am not familiar with the water so maybe there is enough room to spread out, but if not, please be careful and watch out for the ego-jockeys.

Cuda
11-21-2006, 11:38 AM
I hate to be a wet blanket as far as boating events, but if they don't change the destination, or at least give an alternate destination, I'm going to skip this one. We went the last two years, but it ain't worth getting killed for, and I truly think it would be that dangerous.

Cuda
11-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey Joe, how far of a scooter ride is it from your place??
32 miles.

Budmann
11-23-2006, 08:27 AM
I have an Idea... Why don't we all plan a Seadogs, St johns toys for tots run of our own.

No one says this couldn't be the First Annual SeaDogs Toys for Tots Run.

We could make up our own run, etc.

Just a thought... cause I pick my boat up tomorrow and am ready to start breakin it in!!!!:shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:

Budmann
11-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Likey,Likey. If we did J. Ville then Scott(Damn Yankee) would have no excuse but to trailer down!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Budmann
11-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Mark, We are in...:) :) :) :) :) :) :lookaroun :lookaroun weather permiting. Date to be deterimed by the majority.

BUIZILLA
11-23-2006, 07:26 PM
too bad it's a 700 mile round trip... :boggled:

JH

Budmann
11-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Jim... isn't it about time you stretched the legs on that motorhome!!:) :)

BUIZILLA
11-23-2006, 07:33 PM
actually, in about 6 hours, i'll be on the way to Daytona in it for 3 days...:yes:

Budmann
11-23-2006, 08:02 PM
It would appear that the problem is solved!!!:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Boostable
11-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey,

So are you guys doing the TFT run on the 2nd or ?? Im confused.. lol

A few of us are considering going up and making a "relaxing" run if the weather is nice. Maybe have a 2nd pack roll out, etc...

Have not seen most of you since the AA run in Jax last summer.. Looking forward to making some runs with you guys next summer.. or winter, fall... whatever.. lol

Let me know..

Jack

Budmann
11-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Hey Mark... is it just me, or are you and I the only ones showing??:( :( :( :(

Cuda
11-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I waited until after what I thought was the last get together of the year before I started the exhaust swap.:(

BUIZILLA
11-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Cuda, what is that hose going to the exhaust blockoff plate for??

Cuda
11-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Cuda, what is that hose going to the exhaust blockoff plate for??
Jim, it appears to be running into the transmission, there is another line just like it coming out lower. I assume it's for cooling the transmission. Is yours not like that?

Cuda
11-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Cuda,
Weak excuse. YOU of all folks here, have MORE THAN ONE BOAT to pick from. Are they ALL Ho'uers de Combat?
Worst case scenario, you two drive up WITHOUT a boat, bring a toy and your $10 and ride with someone else, give your toy, and play poker at Hooters. You two can even ride your m'cycle if the weather is nice.
As I often say, a poor excuse is better than no excuse. It's a fact that I put off the exhaust swap until after Palatka.

Boostable
11-29-2006, 06:01 PM
If I put a Donzi sticker somewhere on my boat can I come to.. :)

Cuda
11-29-2006, 06:28 PM
If I put a Donzi sticker somewhere on my boat can I come to.. :)
It's funny you mention that. When we got together to run to Crescent Lake, Mark (Last Tango) and I were talking about the SEADOG's original edict. It was written so well, but neither one of us could find it in the archives. What it basically boiled down to, show up at a SEADOG event, and no matter what boat you have, you are now a SEADOG. Mark was explaining it to the guys that ran to Crescent Lake with us, one was in a Baja, and one was in a Fountain. Damn, I wish we could find the original post about it. :)

Boostable
11-29-2006, 06:33 PM
He told me the same thing when we ran the Angel Aid run in Jax last summer...
Wish I remembered what that was.. LOL

Carl C
11-29-2006, 06:46 PM
What a great charity. I'll be sure and donate to the "Toys for Tots" up here.:)

Carl C
11-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Carl,
Temperature will be near 80 deg today, and clear skies. Load up and come on down. My boat is in the shop, motor out and waiting for repair materials from Donzi.:(

Last Tango
12-01-2006, 09:31 AM
For those of you who would like to "participate" in another way, I received a very nice e-mail from two of our most generous SEADOGs, and thought I would pass the concept on to all of you.
They are mailing me a check for $200 and have asked me to use it to purchase toys for the kids.
I extend that same offer to you.
Make your checks out to South East Area Donzi Owners Group and mail it to:
Mark A. Laszlo
116 Cypress Landing
Jacksonville, Florida 32259

On the info line of your check put Toys for Tots Drive 2006, and then you will have a fully tax deductible contribution.

I will deposit all of your checks directly into the SEADOGs checking account and then Aye Candy and I will make a shopping trip to various places such as Toys R US, Discovery Zone, and School Aids. We will donate the toys at the event on December 17th.

Ed Donnelly
12-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Last Tango; Can you set up a Paypal account??
It is a real hassle with Canadian cheques(checks)...........Ed