PDA

View Full Version : Palatka to Crescent Lake pics from today

Cuda
11-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Only three of us Donzi owners showed up, Last Tango, gcarter, and myself. A couple of guys asked me last night if we minded them running with us, and I told them the more the merrier, so we were joined by a 25 Baja Outlaw with a 502, and a 29 Fountain with a 525 Efi. It was a beautiful run.

Cuda
11-18-2006, 07:33 PM
More

Cuda
11-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Up Dunn's Creek.

Cuda
11-18-2006, 07:39 PM
More

Cuda
11-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Into Crescent Lake.

Cuda
11-18-2006, 07:43 PM
At Three Banana's.

Cuda
11-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Mark, George and the other two boats went a little farther south. We had a friend of ours that pulled up at Three Banana's in his truck, at just the time we were about to leave. I waved to Mark and them to go ahead, so we could bs with our friend a bit. When we left, we headed back towards Palataka. We took it a bit slower on the way back, to enjoy the beauty of the scenerey a bit.

Cuda
11-18-2006, 07:50 PM
We saw this chick by herself in this Hydrostream headed towards Crescent Lake. The other boats in our group caught up to us just before we entered the St John's. Right after that, the chick in the Hydrostream went flying by us!:eek!:

DAULEY
11-18-2006, 08:07 PM
looks like you had a great day and perfect weather
it was a little cool here today 38 wish i was there

Lenny
11-18-2006, 09:45 PM
...NICE... :yes:

gcarter
11-19-2006, 01:34 AM
looks like you had a great day and perfect weather
it was a little cool here today 38 wish i was there
Joe thought it was 38* here as he never did warm up. I think it got up to 70* and this is the kind of weather I've been waiting for. It was an absolutely beautiful day.

Cuda
11-19-2006, 10:19 AM
George wore a T shirt only. He thought it was great weather.:eek!:

fastcat
11-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Looks like you all had a great time..... cold by Florida standards, but good boating weather otherwise. Sorry we couldn't join you, we had an event last night in Orlando we had to go to.

Hope to catch up with you soon ... unless we get a buyer for the boat.:wink:

Last Tango
11-19-2006, 07:45 PM
You bet it was a great weekend!!!
Travelling together like that is so much FUN! Especially in the very twisty-turny no-speed limit Dunn's Creek.
Thanks for posting these great pix Cuda!

For those that missed this weekend, you have another chance December 2. See my post on the Toys for Tots event in the Events section.

Today, we did something just a little different. We left the boat on the trailer, checked out of the hotel after breakfast, and towed just a few minutes away to the Palatka Airport and spent the afternoon at Skydive Palatka.
Another beautiful day for sight seeing of a different kind. Wind chill at 12,500 feet and 120 MPH was a bit cooler than yesterday. LOL! About 40 other folks also thought is was a great day for sightseeing, and made several jumps throughout the afternoon. Antoinette is no rookie at this. Fun to watch the reaction of those returning from the sky after their very first tandem jump. They all seemed to utter the exact same four letter word afterwords, but some were spoken with wild enthusiasm and some were spoken with amazement and relief at returning safely to earth. LOL!!!!!

BigGrizzly
11-20-2006, 06:14 PM
I would have loved to come but taking of a sick dog,(my little boy) its termanal but he gave us so much I will give as much back as I can-long story. Family came first. Maybe next time. Great that you people had a tremendous time.

gcarter
11-20-2006, 06:44 PM
It was a great run. I haven't had many opportunities to run w/o , what Catch 22 calls, my Rev Limiter (Elaine). So every time I do so, I learn something new about my boat. A couple of things, I run a Hydro Q4 prop, the most stable, best acelerating prop I have ever run. Since I blueprinted the hull and removed the hooks, I can trim the drive up almost to the limit switch w/o the prop blowing out. So Saturday I was running full throttle and trimming up and suddenly I was able to induce chine walking. It never happened before w/two or more people in the boat. Pretty interesting. I didn't particularly care for it and all I did was trim down and it stopped. I was using my GPS and I didn't seem to be going any faster so there didn't seem to be any advantage. It reminded me of running Phil Reeds Mirage Plus, an experience I'd just as soon forget.
But it was a great day, cool, and the engine picked up about 100 RPM. A lot of fun.

sweet 16 1966
11-20-2006, 10:24 PM
I would have liked to run the St Johns. Looks like paradise!
George, you ran it like you ought to!